shopping cart empty
Who here is an ex smoker that completely quit because of vaping...
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/2/2020 6:53:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MarcF
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 950
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos1387
+13 details
Who here is an ex smoker that completely quit because of vaping...
or rather, with the help of vaping ?

The reason I ask is this very strange article in the Globe and Mail

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-when-will-canada-get-on-the-same-page-about-the-risks-of-vaping/

that claims among other things that :

Moreover, the evidence does not support industry’s claims that vaping leads to smoking cessation. In a systematic review, The Lancet Respiratory Medicine reported that the odds of quitting cigarettes were 28 per cent lower in those who used e-cigarettes compared with those who did not: “As currently being used, e-cigarettes are associated with significantly less quitting among smokers.” A review of all relevant studies published in the U.S. Annual Review of Public Health also stated that “these results suggest that e-cigarettes are contributing to the tobacco epidemic by attracting smokers who are interested in quitting but reducing the likelihood of those smokers to quit successfully.”

I took one puff of my fist vape machine, and never lit another cigarette...never wanted to. Am I the only one in that case ? I find that hard to believe.
#2 (permalink)      8/2/2020 7:06:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 25858
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos20833
+4 details
Me until this year... After contracting pneumonia this winter. a half a year has passed and I still have not fully recovered and can no longer vape... Yet I can puff the occasional cigar... Now I understand why some smokers physically cannot make the switch from anolog to vape... If the lungs are to far gone Vape is way to irritating to the lungs while anolog is not...

I have not given up, every so often I pick up the vape and choke on it for several hours and then spend a few days letting my lungs recover..
We’re paying congress millions to do nothing. We’re paying Trump nothing to do everything.
#3 (permalink)      8/2/2020 7:09:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2337
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos3940
+6 details
30 year smoker, one day i bought a dovpo forever 20 and kanger k1 tank and never touched a cigarette again. 5 year 100% vaper.
We can't agree on everything.
#4 (permalink)      8/2/2020 7:15:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VapeRRT
  • JoinedAug 2019
  • Posts 5
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos6
+6 details
I have, tried quitting cold turkey several times. Never really took till I tried vaping. Took about a month or 2 using both cigarettes and vape. Then I just completely switched. On a side note patients I have worked with have said sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. For the ones that it hasn't usually they say things like they had a bad flavor or its a lot of money for a better setup.
#5 (permalink)      8/2/2020 7:24:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2337
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos3940
+7 details
It's all about being ready mentally. I go 3 times a year to the states. Where i live, ecigs are not available. So a couple of months before travelling, I started doing research and decided that during my next trip I would stop smoking. The first thing i did was go to a vape shop, bought a vape and never looked back.
We can't agree on everything.
#6 (permalink)      8/2/2020 7:31:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 6590
  • Reviews 258
  • Kudos3813
+3 details
here
FT coupons that are still valid: BLF, DEALS, PRICECONTROL, FASTTECH, MAP. Try them all to see if any works for you.
#7 (permalink)      8/2/2020 7:32:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Travelman71
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 415
  • Reviews 233
  • Kudos215
+4 details
They only say that vaping doesnt work because of all the tax money the states are loosing. im an ex smoker, now 100% vaper 5+ years
#8 (permalink)      8/2/2020 7:51:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 1132
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos554
+4 details
Newports for 20 years. Went to e.r. with kidney stones, the m.r.i. showed a "shadow" on my lungs. Turned out to be just that, a shadow, but I went out to a shop, paid 180.00 for a sigelei 213, a crown 3, and a 60ml bottle of horrible menthol juice. Never gone back..

But aquonking, rdas,and dessert juices solidified it.
Insert idiotic mantra here.
#9 (permalink)      8/2/2020 7:58:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6297
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos9237
+2 details
Why is this still a discussion..... For the majority it is a given.
#10 (permalink)      8/2/2020 7:59:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MarcF
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 950
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos1387
+4 details
Because of the article in the globe and mail that just came out Richy
#11 (permalink)      8/2/2020 8:00:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6297
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos9237
+1 details
MarcF wrote:

Because of the article in the globe and mail that just came out Richy

Dont listen to groups and publications that are lead or influenced by other agendas.

Edited on 8/2/2020 at 8:01 AM. Reason: