shopping cart empty
Stratum Balance sbs
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      6/27/2020 9:50:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
skruball
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 86
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos35
carrion4worm wrote:

That's a DNA 60 chip with a custom screen...escribe!

The balance style mod? Read my post, I thought same thing , but if you watch video I posted you can see the hands do 5 clicks to turn on, dna60 lock with 5x clicks, and turn on when you press fire button once, plus there’s no USB port that I can see so even if it was a dna....

Whatever you think don’t never unless you will
#32 (permalink)      6/27/2020 11:14:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ryno619
  • JoinedApr 2019
  • Posts 396
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos247
Looks like Dovpo is getting in the sbs game with its new mod called the College. Maybe the looks might grow on me but the name will never. “It features an Evolv DNA60 chipset, better battery efficiency, single 18650 battery support, 60 watts of power, ergonomic design, a bottom display screen, 24mm atomizer compatibility, and portability. This mod is for sale in silver, red, black, and gunmetal.“
“For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”
#33 (permalink)      6/27/2020 11:31:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ryno619
  • JoinedApr 2019
  • Posts 396
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos247
The styling of College Mod actually reminds me a lot of the Wotofo Recurve squonk mod. The looks are obviously subjective but it should check out ergonomically.
#34 (permalink)      6/27/2020 11:31:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ryno619
  • JoinedApr 2019
  • Posts 396
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos247
Duplicate post

Edited on 6/27/2020 at 1:36 PM. Reason: Double post
#35 (permalink)      6/27/2020 12:20:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2073
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1638
Ryno619 wrote:

Looks like Dovpo is getting in the sbs game with its new mod called the College. Maybe the looks might grow on me but the name will never. “It features an Evolv DNA60 chipset, better battery efficiency, single 18650 battery support, 60 watts of power, ergonomic design, a bottom display screen, 24mm atomizer compatibility, and portability. This mod is for sale in silver, red, black, and gunmetal.“

Yeah, I was looking at this one the other day. I have to admit, the styling doesn't do much for me tbh. But yes indeed, it does have that ReCurve look to it.

#36 (permalink)      6/27/2020 12:38:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2559
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos1378
skruball wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:
The balance style mod? Read my post, I thought same thing , but if you watch video I posted you can see the hands do 5 clicks to turn on, dna60 lock with 5x clicks, and turn on when you press fire button once, plus there’s no USB port that I can see so even if it was a dna....

It was in standby mode, they did not know that in the video, however. The chip in the video is a dna60, which matches the price as well. I have ordered.

I know words...I have the best words.
#37 (permalink)      6/27/2020 7:55:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
burner94
  • JoinedJun 2020
  • Posts 168
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos88
carrion4worm wrote:

skruball wrote:
carrion4worm wrote:
It was in standby mode, they did not know that in the video, however. The chip in the video is a dna60, which matches the price as well. I have ordered.

Is that judgement based purely from the look of the display/the ability to customise the start up screen? I've never had a DNA60 so not sure what to look out for, but I can't tell the difference between their display and the chip that was in the easy side, and as seen in various chinese chipsets, the startup screen can be customised with most chips. Also @skruball the start up screen displaying 'jaka mods' isn't a good indication of whether it's a DNA or not, it can be customised using escribe. I would think the biggest indication that it isn't a DNA would be that the product description doesn't state it. It's odd for a DNA product to not be labelled as such, since it's a huge selling point

#38 (permalink)      6/27/2020 8:28:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Squonk_life
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 1311
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos805
I have to watch the video. I know the original balance does not have a USB port. I think I'm going to to buy the techmod is the smallest Chinese sbs
Squonklife
#39 (permalink)      6/27/2020 8:42:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+1 details
The Stratum Balance clone doesn't have a DNA60 chip set. It was confirmed by 2f. It's probably the same chip set that Ambition Mods used in their sbs mod.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgPDW0ZpgJU
#40 (permalink)      6/27/2020 8:45:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
burner94
  • JoinedJun 2020
  • Posts 168
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos88
+1 details
Squonk_life wrote:

I have to watch the video. I know the original balance does not have a USB port. I think I'm going to to buy the techmod is the smallest Chinese sbs

I wish they would release more images and info about the techmod, it was supposed to start shipping from today and kizoku haven't mentioned it at all on their official site or social media pages. Would really like a proper side profile picture to get a sense of how much room is between the 510 and the top of the mod. In terms of size it seems to be marginally narrower but taller than the sxk insider with the same depth, but about 40g lighter. Leaning towards the insider for looks, but for longevity/reliability and potentially the space between 510 and top, the kizoku wins

#41 (permalink)      6/27/2020 8:50:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
burner94
  • JoinedJun 2020
  • Posts 168
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos88
+1 details
Really hope the balance sells poorly due to it's high price, I can't see any justification for it, the materials don't seem to be any more expensive than other clone SBS mods or cheap ones. Not competitive at all, but a nice mod nonetheless that I would take over any of the competition if it was reasonably priced