[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Pandora MTL RTA By Yachtvape - 22mm - 2 / 3,5ml - MTL / RDL - athos.23vapenews
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      6/18/2020 3:39:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inatrance1973
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2018
  • Posts 123
  • Reviews 102
  • Kudos69
+2 details
Yachtvape sent me 4 of these and got them on Monday. Last time I vaped MTL would probably have been a protank 3 with 1.8ohm coils. Always been into sub ohm or profile/profile 1.5 ever since. The Pandora really impressed me, really well made and easy to build on. Made a nice change for me and flavour is good. Just thought I'd stick my oar in!
#12 (permalink)      6/18/2020 4:06:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
s.moriwaki
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2018
  • Posts 299
  • Reviews 59
  • Kudos148
+1 details
inatrance1973 wrote:

Yachtvape sent me 4 of these and got them on Monday. Last time I vaped MTL would probably have been a protank 3 with 1.8ohm coils. Always been into sub ohm or profile/profile 1.5 ever since. The Pandora really impressed me, really well made and easy to build on. Made a nice change for me and flavour is good. Just thought I'd stick my oar in!

I have the stainless steel version. I'm getting some whistling on some of the airflow settings. How about you?

#13 (permalink)      6/18/2020 4:06:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2859
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2314
inatrance1973 wrote:

A personal recommendation through experience is always welcome. 👍

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#14 (permalink)      6/18/2020 5:18:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inatrance1973
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2018
  • Posts 123
  • Reviews 102
  • Kudos69
+1 details
s.moriwaki wrote:

inatrance1973 wrote:

I have the stainless steel version. I'm getting some whistling on some of the airflow settings. How about you?

Some of them do whistle a bit mate, but there's so many options for the airflow you can always change it about. It's the first time I've ever used an rta so I thought I would have a bit of messing about to start with. Really didn't expect such good flavour from a MTL tank though. I don't see it being something I would use all the time, but I was really impressed with the machining and quality. I don't like adding that extra bit to make it bigger, thought that took a bit of the flavour away. That's maybe just me being a beginner with that kind of tank right enough

#15 (permalink)      6/18/2020 11:56:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+1 details
inatrance1973 wrote:

Why do companies send multiples of the same product to reviewers when one is enough?

#16 (permalink)      6/19/2020 1:21:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inatrance1973
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2018
  • Posts 123
  • Reviews 102
  • Kudos69
+1 details
I'm not a reviewer, I'm friends with one of the guys at Yachtvape. I was only going to keep 2 and hopefully find a reviewer(s) to do a review for them as a favour back. I'm not telling anyone to buy it or not either, I'm only giving my impression of it, I've never used an rta or an mtl tank like it before so I wouldn't be the best person to listen to before considering buying one or not. I've nothing to compare it to, just enjoyed a vape on it as a change to what I usually like to vape
#17 (permalink)      6/19/2020 1:37:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inatrance1973
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2018
  • Posts 123
  • Reviews 102
  • Kudos69
+1 details
djvillan wrote:
Why do companies send multiples of the same product to reviewers when one is enough?[/quote]

Wondered the same thing a lot before too mate, watch reviews and they have one of every colour. Always thought that was the way they did it to hopefully get a better review
#18 (permalink)      6/19/2020 2:41:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
Makes sense. Lucky you. I'm looking at getting one for review. My source isn't sending much vape gear out except pods and AIOs these days.

Imo they do it because most of the YT reviewers demand it partly to show off and partly to get people to subscribe and join their Patreon/Subscribe Star/donate money (Super Chat) in order to be eligible for giveaways.
#19 (permalink)      6/19/2020 3:02:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inatrance1973
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2018
  • Posts 123
  • Reviews 102
  • Kudos69
+1 details
Totally agree. I've learned a lot they are all looking for cash and loads of stuff. I contacted a big review site in UK and said do you want 2 for review, I'll send you them. They refused for the reason of they only accept stuff directly from the maker. I thought that was the worst reason I've ever heard, don't see why it matters who sends them. I just wanted to try and help my mate out
#20 (permalink)      6/19/2020 3:19:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
amiable
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2018
  • Posts 82
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos33
+1 details
Reviewers specifically request multiple units. Sometimes they are used for giveaways, handed out on Patreon or just greed.
I never request multiple units, just one in the colour I prefer
#21 (permalink)      6/19/2020 4:22:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
s.moriwaki
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2018
  • Posts 299
  • Reviews 59
  • Kudos148
inatrance1973 wrote:

s.moriwaki wrote:
inatrance1973 wrote:

Some of them do whistle a bit mate, but there's so many options for the airflow you can always change it about. It's the first time I've ever used an rta so I thought I would have a bit of messing about to start with. Really didn't expect such good flavour from a MTL tank though. I don't see it being something I would use all the time, but I was really impressed with the machining and quality. I don't like adding that extra bit to make it bigger, thought that took a bit of the flavour away. That's maybe just me being a beginner with that kind of tank right enough

Did you notice less or no whistling with the black version? An admin on POTV claims his blacks don't whistle, but the stainless did have some issues.

I'm just wondering whether it's worth buying the black as well. And IMO, it's in my best of '20 so far because of machining, flavour, ease of use, and most of all value for money. Shockingly good performance for the price.

Only let down by the whistling on a lot of, but not all settings. Judging by the 30 page thread on POTV though, I'm probably just one of the unlucky minority. Most people seem happy with theirs.