shopping cart empty
NEED WEE BIT OF HELP -Shipping liquids
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#41 (permalink)      5/9/2020 5:01:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5136
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3661
I have had zero issues online shopping in the US throughout this whole thing. US to US orders only, one was a little slow. I had not ordered from them before, so no clue if they are just always a little slow.

My blue blitzen came in today!
#42 (permalink)      5/9/2020 6:39:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2181
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1877
Part of the problem getting things going and keeping them going here was a long-ago industry decision to use Canada Post age-verified delivery for everything (along with store entry policies similar to our liquor stores). Frankly, that had a big effect on making nicotine vaping legal here. (It'll be two years in about a week and a half. Before then, it was strictly illegal but officially ignored until a decision was made. We managed to get the biggest non-smokers' rights association on board both with vaping as harm reduction and with the idea that flavours would encourage smokers to switch and stay switched. But then our anti-smoking groups aren't funded by the Master Settlement Agreement, so aren't dependent on money from tobacco sales.) Problem was that Canada Post got backed up like a toilet at a chili-only truck stop almost as soon as the social distancing policies kicked in, and then stopped doing verified deliveries altogether to protect their carriers, making people pick up at the post office. I think Dash was first to drop verified post, then to go to an alternate delivery service. (You can still do postal if you're willing to wait or need delivery when you're out, since the delivery guys can't just pop things in your mailbox - for apartment dwellers without a concierge desk, that's a bit of a problem.)
#43 (permalink)      5/9/2020 6:47:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10627
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16383

then to go to an alternate delivery service. You can still do postal if you're willing to wait or need delivery when you're out, since the delivery guys can't just pop things in your mailbox - for apartment dwellers without a concierge desk, that's a bit of a problem

Good to know.

I have only deliveries brought to my home on time slots but all others delivered to another address nearby that I have a friend staying at during this lockdown.
Obviously of age but it went without a hitch other than the time frame but thats on Canada Post.

I am a bit impatient. Living in the city I am used to just picking up things when i need them, on the spot.

#44 (permalink)      5/11/2020 11:28:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5136
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3661
What is this I hear about the vapor industry in Canada putting a cap at 20MG? No fight just give up?
#45 (permalink)      5/11/2020 2:39:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10627
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16383
First I have heard of that but then I don't pay much attention to the industry here so guessing this is what you were referring to?

Ontario Bans Flavoured Vaping Products in Convenience Shops

Under the new regulations, specialty adult-only vape shops, with an age verification system set in place will still be allowed to sell all the flavoured products available on the market, as well as products containing a higher nicotine content. While regular convenience and gas stations’ shops will no longer be able to sell any flavours aside from tobacco and menthol, and at a nicotine limit of 20 milligrams a milliliter.

#46 (permalink)      5/11/2020 3:12:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5136
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3661
I had heard it was not just gas stations but a total market cap at 20MG.

You don't have groups there that email you when these things happen? If you are a member of Casa here you get emails with all the calls to action. It makes it easy to respond and get your voice heard, they send you links to contact your representative.
#47 (permalink)      5/11/2020 3:38:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2181
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1877
The industry's good with a 20mg/ml limit for finished e-liquids. So am I. And I'm a very low-wattage, tight-draw MTL vaper. Higher makes a certain basic sense, I suppose, in REAL pod systems such as the JUUL, where you're trying to get the best part of a day's use out of a <250mAh battery, but supplying the "chasing a buzz" market isn't what e-cigarettes are for, and I've seen a lot of 50mg/ml-at-40W bullshit going on here.
#48 (permalink)      5/11/2020 3:50:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5136
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3661
I quit with 24MG and I stayed on 24MG for about two years. I could have cut back, but I didn't want to. I finally went down when I couldn't get anything in 24MG locally at anything but one shop, and online I saw the writing on the wall pre salt nic coming out, that 24MG was getting very rare. I went from 24MG down to 6MG without any issues, I vaped allot more, but no real withdraw.

My point is I don't think quitting should be one size fits all, and I think capping at 20MG is a bit low. 24MG was right for me, but had salt nic been a thing a 50MG salt nic delivered in a small pod would have been even better. I am not a fan of pods, but if they get people to quit then great!

I think the focus should be hard reduction and if people need higher MG they should be able to have the tools to help them quit available to them.

I think you are always going to have people probably kids, chasing a buzz. Honestly they were not born smokers so 20MG will give them a buzz just like 50MG does, they have no tolerance to it. A two pack a day smoker might not be able to quit with a 20MG because they do have a tolerance to it.
#49 (permalink)      5/11/2020 4:12:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2181
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1877
Everything was by sixes when we were "kids". We used 24 because it was there and more than the 18 sitting beside it. 20 would have worked just as well if that was the choice before us. (And our equipment SUCKED if you go back five or six years looking for a starter kit.)
#50 (permalink)      5/11/2020 4:17:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5136
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3661
Yeah the equipment I had sucked too, but I was on the tail end of that. The nautilus was out or maybe came out right around that time, and I got that and it was decent but not much in the way of massive cloud delivery system. 36 was being phased out when I started. 36 regular nic was kind of nuts.
#51 (permalink)      5/11/2020 5:02:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10627
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16383
+1 details

member CASA

Guess not. Somewhere along the line I must have changed email addresses.

I was a very heavy smoker and quit on the spot with 18mg of Nic but I did take those pills, cant remember what they care called, that supposedly dulled the cravings, for a few days. Don't know if that helped or not.

About 4 months in I picked up some cigarettes again, perhaps for 3 weeks. Then stopped with 6mg nic. No pills at that point but didn't have any problem.
Within 2 years if even that long, I took it down to 2 mg nic so nicotine wasn't so much the addiction for me, in the end but the act of having something in my hand.