Dvarw FL RTA BY KHWMods - 22mm / 2 / 3,5 / 5ml - 24mm - 3,5 / 4 / 6 ml - MTL / RDL / DL - athos.23vapenews
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#71 (permalink)      6/23/2020 10:13:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 528
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos167
Strict mtl vapers usually prefer 22mm atty's I Guess this is why they did that.
#72 (permalink)      6/23/2020 10:29:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2698
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2167
The_Masteres wrote:

Strict mtl vapers usually prefer 22mm atty's I Guess this is why they did that.

Probably.

Personally, as an MTL Vaper, I actually value large capacity RTAs (2ml TPD compliance be damned), regardless of tank width. With this FL, there's only (currently) a 1ml difference between the 22mm and 24mm. So it's the 22mm 5ml version for me right now. I might give the 24mm jobbie with a 1mm airflow insert a try at a later date though.

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#73 (permalink)      6/23/2020 10:45:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
oHUTCHYo
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 47
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos12
I think the 22mm thing is owing to both the reduced deck size for flavour concentration and it complimented smaller mods back in the day.

Im 100% MTL but value the added capacity of 24mm providing the deck remains the same as the 22mm, a good example being the Kayfun. Unless its a tube or unusual mod, mods are that big these days most happily accommodate 24mm such as the Aegis Mini.

The Vaporesso Target Mini II is best with 22mm though, that thing is tiny as far as modern mods go. In fact I sold mine as it was too small and bough another Aegis Mini.
#74 (permalink)      6/23/2020 11:02:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2698
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2167
oHUTCHYo wrote:

Im 100% MTL but value the added capacity...

Indeed, it's a complete fallacy, usually propagated by ignorant DL Vapers, that all MTL RTAs only need small (2ml) capacity, and that we all vape at <12 watts.

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#75 (permalink)      6/23/2020 11:15:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16128
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29797
Don't know... =) certainly there are tendencies, we can say that the preference of majority should be this or that, but what if a bunch of us, we find ourselves here and just a few of all make part of the majority?
I went back to MTL (still on the looser side) not that long ago (from so called tight DL) for the main reason to stay as silent as possible, (almost) always searched for the shortest tanks so finally, when they discovered that tighter vape is possible with larger tanks as well and they started coming out with some, I was dancing around!

Now, I'd bet that in the first days these were listed, there was somewhere a 24mm Dvarw destined for MTL vapers, can't see it any-more, anywhere. There's a drop kit for the 24 and the same inserts fit to both, that's a good thing, but it means some extra spending. Unless you fancy to buy both sizes, you take an insert from the 22 and start drilling a bit. (my preference (these days) is around 1.8mm)

Rather than spending for getting a set of extra inserts from I will the most probably use only one. (and all that before one decides to take a second RTA, from the same, so leave it, still couldn't decide what to do...) ;)

Again, on an other side, I would've loved to use my DL Dvarw (smallest insert is still 3mm D? more?) but it's been a nightmare trying to trap some thicker wire in there, so it's got converted to MTL. Just before these were announced. lol.

ps.: on the other place they've listed some 2.5 and 5ml glass tanks (pre-order too) for the standard 22mm Dvarw, I'd be very fine with that, concerning the 22mm size.

Edited on 6/23/2020 at 11:35 AM. Reason:
#76 (permalink)      6/23/2020 11:20:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 528
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos167
cilika wrote:

Don't know... =) certainly there are tendencies, we can say that the preference of majority should be this or that, but what if a bunch of us, we find ourselves here and just a few of all make part of the majority?
I went back to MTL (still on the looser side) not that long ago (from so called tight DL) for the main reason to say as silent as possible, always searched for the shortest tanks so finally, when they discovered that tighter vape is possible with larger tanks as well and they started coming out with some, I was dancing around!

Now, I'd bet that in the first days these were listed, there was somewhere a 24mm Dvarw destined for MTL vapers, can't see it any-more, anywhere. There's a drop kit for the 24 and the same inserts fit to both, that's a good thing, but it means some extra spending. Unless you fancy to buy both sizes, you take an insert from the 22 and start drilling a bit. (my preference (these days) is around 1.8mm)

Rather than spending for getting a set of extra inserts from I will use only one! (and all that before one decides to take a second one from the same, so leave it, still I haven't (couldn't) decided what to do...) ;)

Again, on an other side, I would've loved to use my DL Dvarw (smallest insert is still 3mm D? more?) but it's been a nightmare trying to trap some thicker wire in there, so it's got converted to MTL. Just before these were announced. lol.

ps.: on the other place they've listed some 2.5 and 5ml glass tanks (pre-order too) for the standard 22mm Dvarw, I'd be very fine with that, concerning the 22mm size.

Indeed, I saw the glass tanks YFTK and SXK for the DVARW FL, I guess It should be compatible with the no name ?

#77 (permalink)      6/23/2020 11:23:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 528
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos167
analogueman wrote:

oHUTCHYo wrote:
Im 100% MTL but value the added capacity...
Indeed, it's a complete fallacy, usually propagated by ignorant DL Vapers, that all MTL RTAs only need small (2ml) capacity, and that we all vape at <12 watts.

I also always look for big juice capacity mtl atty's, no 2ml for me ! however, I do prefer 22mm over 24 not for juice capacity but for adaptability on side by side mods. I find a good in between is 23 mm which goes on most of my mods.

#78 (permalink)      6/23/2020 11:29:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16128
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29797
They wouldn't fit, The_Masteres, the two versions use different threadings. those are listed separately. I saw them only on the double friendly place. You might look for these:

#79 (permalink)      6/23/2020 11:53:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 528
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos167
cilika wrote:

They wouldn't fit, The_Masteres, the two versions use different threadings. those are listed separately. I saw them only on the double friendly place. You might look for these:

Yes indeed, was talking about the ones listed on the other place for dvarw fl (for yftk and sxk).

#80 (permalink)      6/23/2020 11:58:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16128
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29797
Ak, you meant still the fl as "no name", sorry. Well, no idea, nobody would be able to confirm it yet.
#81 (permalink)      6/23/2020 12:39:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
GONSUKE
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2018
  • Posts 105
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos58
noname full kit version (11 x Air Inserts) $22.99

Edited on 6/24/2020 at 4:13 AM. Reason: