shopping cart empty
any battery people/experts around?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      1/27/2020 9:49:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kydo56
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 411
  • Reviews 166
  • Kudos137
+1 details
essellar wrote:

First, there are no 4500mAh 60A 26650s, and there never were. I genuinely hope that you weren't trying to use them at anything near their "rated" output. There is one "high drain" 26650 cell being made at the moment (everything else meant to be high-drain and high-capacity has gone to 2x700 cells) and that's by an Eigate/Aspire subsidiary, Yong De Li (YDL). It's 4200mAh and 32A (for real), and available as a Vapcell rewrap at a couple of UK vendors (I checked Ampsplus) for about 9 quid. There's also a Golisi-rewrap version floating around if you want to shop about a bit. With either brand, you're looking for 4200mAh 32A - they're specifically listed at their actual, real-world specs.If capacity's more important than current, there's a 5000mAh 20A cell as well (also available as a Vapcell rewrap), but take that 20A with a grain of salt. It can safely deliver 20A, but it's got a lot of voltage sag if you take it over 10A or so. It's a much better replacement for the 5200mAh cell that was sold as Basen, Efest and a couple of other brands three or four years ago.

i was just quoting whats written on the battery.....i researched them when i bought them and they seemed to be considered a good battery, although to be thought of as 15-20A max if i remember rightly,
i generally use them at around 0.4ohm and 30-40watts so i'm safe enough even if they're more like 15A max.

Edited on 1/27/2020 at 9:56 PM. Reason:
#22 (permalink)      1/28/2020 12:19:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2229
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1928
+2 details
kydo56 wrote:

i generally use them at around 0.4ohm and 30-40watts so i'm safe enough even if they're more like 15A max.

The YDL/Vapcell/Golisi 4200mAh cell is what you want, then, unless you stick closer to the 30 watts than 40. The 5000mAh cell would work at 40W just fine, but it won't last you as long on a charge as the 4200mAh cell will because of the sag over 10A - you'll get the "weak battery" or "low battery" warning pretty early on, even if there's enough of a charge left in it to run a 12W MTL vape for the better part of a day. The YDL cell really is a good one, and should give you more life on a charge than you're used to at your preferred power settings.

#23 (permalink)      1/28/2020 3:13:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MotoBlue
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 4816
  • Reviews 30
  • Kudos4742
+2 details
Nkon in the Netherlands would be my next go to if 18650 and fogstar couldn't supply.
Over a thousand squonk products available at Fasttech
#24 (permalink)      1/28/2020 7:50:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kydo56
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 411
  • Reviews 166
  • Kudos137
+1 details
thanks everyone......
i`ve had a look around for the YDL/Vapcell/Golisi but it`s either not available or on the expensive side,
i`ve found the ijoy though which i think i remember coming across when i bought the Basens, no idea why i did`nt buy the ijoy then as it sounds like it`s a good battery and probably better than the Basen.

i`m in no major rush as i still have the other Basen and a couple of Liitokala`s although they don`t fit a lot of mods,
maybe the ijoys are fat batteries as well and thats why i did`nt buy them last time.....i`ll have to check measurements.

edit;
just found the Basens again for just over $6 each with free postage, half price or more than the others but obviously risk it not lasting as long as it should.....
also some Shockli`s that are even cheaper but i think they are exactly the same as the Liitokala`s going on the measurements.

Edited on 1/28/2020 at 10:02 AM. Reason:
#25 (permalink)      1/28/2020 9:30:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RussG
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 3938
  • Reviews 106
  • Kudos4456
Best independent cell reviews?
Mooch's Recommended Batteries

Battery Bro is also a good source of info, loads of interesting articles there.

Also a date checker tool, punch in the codes printed on your cell and,Hey Presto. Will tell you the date your cells were produced. Assuming your cells are the real deal, not counterfeit. Only works for Panasonic, Sanyo, LG, Samsung, or Sony.

My cell of choice. Molicel P26A, 25A 2600Mah. The successor to the VTC5A.
#26 (permalink)      2/6/2020 4:38:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bradley77
  • JoinedNov 2019
  • Posts 298
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos225
kydo56 wrote:

thought i`d post in here as i`ve purchased vape gear from fasttech for some years and used the forums....anyway, i`ve got a couple of Basen 26650 batteries (4500mAh 60A), had them in use/rotation for about a year give or take,today i`ve just gone to use one of my mod/atty setups (i usually have a handfull on the go) which has one of these batteries in and there was no power to the mod which i thought strange as i always generally leave them turned on as they are usually only left a few days or so between use and even if the battery is drained theres still enough power to the mod to tell you battery needs changing.i tried turning the mod on/off etc but still nothing, so then changed the battery and mod working again,then i put the battery in the charger (Nitecore D2) and it stated 0.92v on the screen, then jumped up to around 1.5v....so my questions are.....what my have caused it?......is it a faulty or dying battery??is there any potential danger?should i try to charge/fully charge it and keep using it if it charges and stays charged?i`ve got around a dozen batteries in use that`s accumalated over the past 3-4 years and never had this happen before.thank you.

3 or 4 yrs, Jesus Christ!!! and I replace mine after about 6 to 8 months depending on use/times charged just ta know I have nice crisp batteries in my mod!!!

Better safe than sorry as they say!!!

Edited on 2/6/2020 at 4:41 PM. Reason: edit
THIS IS ENGLAND!!!
#27 (permalink)      2/6/2020 4:45:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bradley77
  • JoinedNov 2019
  • Posts 298
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos225
+1 details
kydo56 wrote:

thanks everyone......i`ve had a look around for the YDL/Vapcell/Golisi but it`s either not available or on the expensive side,i`ve found the ijoy though which i think i remember coming across when i bought the Basens, no idea why i did`nt buy the ijoy then as it sounds like it`s a good battery and probably better than the Basen.i`m in no major rush as i still have the other Basen and a couple of Liitokala`s although they don`t fit a lot of mods,maybe the ijoys are fat batteries as well and thats why i did`nt buy them last time.....i`ll have to check measurements.edit; just found the Basens again for just over $6 each with free postage, half price or more than the others but obviously risk it not lasting as long as it should.....also some Shockli`s that are even cheaper but i think they are exactly the same as the Liitokala`s going on the measurements.

Richy7 wrote:

18650.co.uk have got a 20% off at the moment i think !!

18650.co.uk

Discount codes: use em whenever no time limit!!!

ilovepotv = 10%

iloveweekends = 20%

you choose, but im sure it will be the latter lol!!!

Edited on 2/6/2020 at 4:47 PM. Reason: edit
THIS IS ENGLAND!!!
#28 (permalink)      2/7/2020 7:08:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kydo56
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 411
  • Reviews 166
  • Kudos137
Bradley77 wrote:

3 or 4 yrs, Jesus Christ!!! and I replace mine after about 6 to 8 months depending on use/times charged just ta know I have nice crisp batteries in my mod!!!Better safe than sorry as they say!!!

they certainly don`t seem like they need discarding yet and if i did it would feel like a waste
as i still get a good amount of vape time from them,
if i did a side by side comparison with a new one it may stand out a lot more but at present they`re still lasting days.
as for better being safe than sorry, that had`nt really crossed my mind,
if i was charging them and getting 20-30 puffs out of them or something and milking the last dregs then probably so, but they still feel well over half as good as they`ve always been.
maybe your a bit too much the other way lol, but depends how often and to what extreme they`re being used i suppose,
the ones i`ve had the longest (3-4 years) are 10A Sanyo`s (6 in total, first 2 then another 4 around a year later) and are used only for MTL, so they are`nt and never have been hammered or anything.

thanks for the codes :)

Edited on 2/7/2020 at 9:00 AM. Reason: