shopping cart empty
Fasttech raising prices b4 sale 30% price increase @anniepan
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      1/22/2020 7:09:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5231
  • Reviews 229
  • Kudos3592
amiable wrote:

Is there a solution to this yet?
I had $120 worth of stuff in my cart including the Swag 2 at $22
Today my cart is at $177 without me adding anything. Swag 2 went up to $30

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX doesn't offer PostNL. so that's not an option for me.

@amiable

At some point your post will be deleted because you blatantly mentioned another retailer.

I'm telling you this so that when it happens you/everyone else knows the deletion had nothing to do with you exposing the pre-sale price increases.

Total global economic meltdown is on the way.
#32 (permalink)      1/22/2020 7:14:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
amiable wrote:

Is there a solution to this yet?
I had $120 worth of stuff in my cart including the Swag 2 at $22
Today my cart is at $177 without me adding anything. Swag 2 went up to $30

Sourcemore doesn't offer PostNL. so that's not an option for me.

The Swag II has never been $22 here.

What's in your cart that would make the total go up by $57?

#33 (permalink)      1/22/2020 7:38:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
amiable
  • JoinedMay 2018
  • Posts 40
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos16
Post edited to remove vendor name

@djvillan The Swag II was for sure in the $20 range, that's why I added it to my cart. Compare the price to SM and you'll see that there was a serious price hike. The KIT on SM now costs the same as mod only.

I have a bunch of stuff in my cart, TMPS, bluetooth radio etc. MAP also seems to have stopped working, but i could be wrong on that
#34 (permalink)      1/22/2020 12:22:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dustin69
  • JoinedMay 2019
  • Posts 14
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos1
The swag 2 was at a good price but they hiked it.

The best option to be honest is to wait til the sale ends and see if the prices go back. Because if you buy the swag 2 now you will end up paying more even with the discount.

Edited on 1/22/2020 at 12:23 PM. Reason:
#35 (permalink)      1/22/2020 12:45:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+1 details
This was the price of the Swag II before the sale, the black and silver ones have always been the cheapest.

Add shipping to the SM one and the price is $26.35

Deduct 15% from FT's $30.92 price during the sale and it costs $26.28 with free shipping.

Products that have MAP applied need to be purchased separately because you can't stack the 15% discount on top of the MAP price.

Edited on 1/22/2020 at 12:51 PM. Reason:
#36 (permalink)      1/23/2020 5:24:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
etcetera
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3002
  • Reviews 62
  • Kudos3014
OP

For more information on postal investigations and the time it takes when something goes wrong with a shipment:

https://www.fasttech.com/forums/vapers/t/3036311/why-won-t-you-tell-me-where-my-order-is-been-30/2
Ko
#37 (permalink)      1/23/2020 5:45:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 8270
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos13259
+2 details
Just received the black Swag 2 in today and its the cutest little mod.

Personally I couldn't care less if it is $25 or $30 if I want it.

I never saw the Swag 2 at $20 for had I, I would have immediately picked up 2.
The more you study the more you know... the more you know the more you forget. The more you forget the less you know... so why study?
#38 (permalink)      1/24/2020 7:19:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OneBadwolf
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3758
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4179
+1 details
djvillan wrote:

I'll put this in the nicest way possible. You're flogging a dead horse. If you find something you want cheaper elsewhere then buy it from there.

And why not? The horse does not care. And a psycho-horse-corpse-whipping-fiend probably scares more than a few people. Maybe enough to re-think a shady marketing strategy that they know they are busted for. We'll never know how many price gouges were avoided thanks to the efforts of the Expired Equine Percussion Ensemble. The beat goes on.

There are no guarantees. Only opportunitys.

I got first dibs on the Clydesdale, and the aluminum ball bat.

Edited on 1/24/2020 at 7:23 AM. Reason:
Vi veri universum vivus vici. Insictus oportet nocere
#39 (permalink)      1/24/2020 10:44:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 11647
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos18453
FT needs a new FAQ...."Yes, we do raise prices before a sale on selected popular items, so be sure to check those prices before the sale so you don't get reamed".

They're not being sneaky, just keeping the customers on their toes.
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#40 (permalink)      1/24/2020 11:03:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 4768
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3180
+1 details
I see US sites do this with juice "sales". They say it is 30% off, but no one is charging the price they quote as the first price. So the sale just actually puts there price in line with what most sites are charging. Win win, lol... You feel like you got a good deal, they get publicity for sales and send emails and all that crap (a reason to advertise). Personally I think the practice of doing this kind of thing is BS. You are not always having a great sale, you in reality are never having a great sale.

FT's thing isn't much different. I get it there are some FT loyalists and fan (people) but just because you like the company does not make the practice of doing something right or wrong.

Honestly the only thing you can do is try and be a smart shopper, and search for the best price or the price you are willing to pay. The Fuchi Squonk is available on some sites for some crazy deal, a US site sent me an email today advertising it for like 48.00. I think the good deal was 8.00? They might have even gotten a bulk discount, so maybe they got them for less then 8.00.

When I see this kind of thing it just lets me know I can't trust the site. As much as I know this is not a popular opinion here, I don't trust FT all that much. The not publishing negative reviews on a product, but posting the positive ones right away... Fake sales, sure you don't pay for shipping, but if you look around enough you will start to notice some times you are paying more, and you can not count on when your FT product will get to you. It's in stock, or is it... They have allot of good qualities but don't be such a fan you can't admit they have faults too.
#41 (permalink)      1/24/2020 11:13:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5231
  • Reviews 229
  • Kudos3592
+1 details
I think a more pressing issue is when is China as a country going to understand that if you are going to do business globally, especially on a retail level, you can't be going on holiday for 2 friggin' weeks lol
It's asinine, to put it mildly.
Total global economic meltdown is on the way.