shopping cart empty
Fasttech raising prices b4 sale 30% price increase @anniepan
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      1/20/2020 1:58:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1029
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos825
+1 details
Diesel11 wrote:

I shop here because I like the prices but also I like the customer service for the most part. I do believe they want to keep good customers I also think that @anniepan does what she can to keep everything working as it should. I wouldnt even be posting this if I didnt think it was something anniepan could fix.

But this isn't new here. It's been moaned about in the forums MANY times before over the years. If something was to be "fixed", do you not think it would have happened by now?

And remember, that Anniepan is merely an employee, not someone who is in a position to positively affect company policies and decisions like price hikes prior to a sale.

Just saying...

#12 (permalink)      1/20/2020 2:08:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5222
  • Reviews 229
  • Kudos3584
There's nothing Anniepan can do about it. She's a customer Service Representative/forum moderator.
Total global economic meltdown is on the way.
#13 (permalink)      1/20/2020 2:16:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5222
  • Reviews 229
  • Kudos3584
Diesel11 wrote:

I feel like they treat us like idiots to maybe spend money we dont have

This has nothing to do with your initial gripe that FT raises prices of certain products right before a sale.

No one can force you to spend money you don't have. If you see a "good deal" and you go into debt for it or spend money that you should be spending on necessities, that is your problem and ONLY your problem.

It's no one else's fault if you do not have the restraint to control your urge to spend money.

#14 (permalink)      1/20/2020 2:19:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ppeeble
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 949
  • Reviews 353
  • Kudos909
This issue comes up at just about every sale. Anyone who uses this site on a regular basis knows that FT increases the price on popular items when there's a discount available. They've always done it and will continue to do so as long as sales increase with a 'promotion'..
And there's always a reply or two attempting to justify the price hike on FT's behalf in some half-arsed convoluted way. No idea what that's about..
I guess if you have a sense of decency and integrity it can bother you but, unfortunately, it's just the way it is both here and elsewhere. Welcome to 21st century commerce.
More sense than money.....
#15 (permalink)      1/20/2020 2:24:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5222
  • Reviews 229
  • Kudos3584
+1 details
I bought 4 tanks from another Chinese seller the other day. They were on clearance for $5.69. I bought the last 4 they had. After I made the purchase, I check and sure enough the tanks showed to be out of stock.

So on a hunch, about an hour later, I checked the listing of the tank again and there was inventory, 2 more in stock. Still on clearance, but the price increased by $1.50. I bet if I buy those last 2, they will again put a few more back in inventory and increase the price again.

Nothing I can do. But the price was very good anyhow.

Point is, having dealt with Chinese retailers for almost 6 years, I expect this. Their flavor of capitalism is much more greedy and their customer service is much more sucky compared to what we are used to in the west. That's just the way it is. It has gotten better and will continue to do so, but it is what it is.

As a consumer, you have the power because you have the money. Buy elsewhere (if you can).

Edited on 1/20/2020 at 2:26 PM. Reason:
#16 (permalink)      1/20/2020 3:05:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Diesel11
  • JoinedDec 2019
  • Posts 226
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos104
People can argue the other side all they want but it is not honest business practices and shady. And no amount of justification can change that. It is not an opinion it is a fact that they hike prices before a sale. Shitty b&m stores do the same usually the ones I choose to not shop at..when I buy something on sale I dont expect to see it a couple days later cheaper.. any reputable store will price match for 6 months atleast.

Hell fasttech will give a MAP to price match other stores but wont price match their normal price. I dont see how that can even be seen as ok business practice by anyone. Just dont have sales and say we cant because we offer the lowest possible price.

Will I still shop here yep probably for certain things but will look elsewhere to get a better deal. But do have faith it will be made right by anniepan. If you are okay getting lied to and think it is okay, there is probably a reason you dont see that as wrong.

They misrepresented the ratel xs also and is why I bought it. They made it right with a gift card and got that for 75% off. So yes I do think they have good customer service in that aspect. I think if we as customers dont accept it then they wont do it.. people and businesses only get "away" with what they are allowed to. So if they dont like all the negative posts on here, FB, reddit ect then maybe they will. I just k ow if I roll over and accept it I am just asking for it and telling them it is okay to treat me like that..

Edited on 1/20/2020 at 3:05 PM. Reason:
Oh that sound... it's just me stirring the pot
#17 (permalink)      1/20/2020 3:18:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Markezz
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 36
  • Reviews 53
  • Kudos6
+1 details
Please send a video of your complaint so we can send it to the mysterious anonymous manufacturer.
Or, for a quicker resolution, open a PP dispute.
'Gift certificates' will be paid in prawn crackers and Sichuan pepper from 2025.

Edited on 1/20/2020 at 3:19 PM. Reason:
Advocate for todays idiot.
#18 (permalink)      1/20/2020 3:19:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+4 details
I'll put this in the nicest way possible. You're flogging a dead horse. If you find something you want cheaper elsewhere then buy it from there.

Do you go to a store, see an item with a price higher than another store and proceed to abuse the store for having a higher price or do you just go and buy the item at the other store?
#19 (permalink)      1/20/2020 3:22:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5222
  • Reviews 229
  • Kudos3584
+2 details
Diesel11 wrote:

Will I still shop here yep probably for certain things but will look elsewhere to get a better deal.

I don't know where you're from, but those of us in the USA and many other parts of the west basically only buy from fasttech for parts. They are the only vape parts store on the internet that I know of.

They have a large selection of not only glass tank tubes and silicone sleeves, but also other parts of tanks and such that you can't get anywhere else.

Nobody wants to sell vape parts. In fact, in the USA, it's hard to find wire and even cotton. USA vape retailers are ditching all their wire and cotton inventory due to the popularity of pods (which are largely not rebuildable). And if you want pre-built coils for RTAs, unless you want a specialty coil, you won't find it.

But for mods and tanks, FT prices have gone way up in the last 2 or 3 years such that you can get better deals from other retailers, both in china and elsewhere. They also don't carry as many clones as they used to and that was another reason to shop here.

Diesel11 wrote:

But do have faith it will be made right by anniepan.

Good luck. You are better off placing your faith in bunny rabbits saving us from the next asteroid strike. Anniepan is a customer service rep. She has no clout on price changes or influencing the pricing gods to be more honest. lol

Besides, even if you can prove that the price went up, the justification is "well, the cost went up".

Honesty? Meh, what's honesty these days? Merely a fairy tale of the past.

Edited on 1/20/2020 at 3:25 PM. Reason:
#20 (permalink)      1/20/2020 3:26:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2196
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos3619
vapeluvr wrote:

In fact, in the USA, it's hard to find wire

Try Temco.

We can't agree on everything.
#21 (permalink)      1/20/2020 3:27:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Markezz
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 36
  • Reviews 53
  • Kudos6
vapeluvr wrote:

Diesel11 wrote:
But do have faith it will be made right by anniepan.

Good luck. You are better off placing your faith in bunny rabbits saving us from the next asteroid strike. Anniepan is a customer service rep. She has no clout on price changes or influencing the pricing gods to be more honest. lol

Besides, even if you can prove that the price went up, the justification is "well, the cost went up".

Honesty? Meh, what's honesty these days? Merely a fairy tale of the past.[/quote]
Rabbit in Sichuan pepper sauce! I think we have a winner folks! Give that man a carrot!

Edited on 1/20/2020 at 3:30 PM. Reason: Coz
Advocate for todays idiot.