shopping cart empty
Fasttech raising prices b4 sale 30% price increase @anniepan
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/20/2020 7:50:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Diesel11
  • JoinedDec 2019
  • Posts 226
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos104
+3 details
Fasttech raising prices b4 sale 30% price increase @anniepan
On my other post with the swag 2 it had been prove and others have posted about it also. I feel that we all need to put our foot down with them. Not only is this messed up but I feel like I am being scammed to thinking I am getting a good deal. Which will push me to purchase something I might not of just so I dont miss the sale.

@anniepan I feel this needs to be resolved and either dont have sales or actually let us get a deal. I think with us being such loyal customers you should give us a sale instead of lying to us. The same way you wont give us a refund till letter from lost office or the likes prives that we are not trusted as customers. Not everyone is as shady as you guys. If you guys were honest and fair with us you would naturally think we are to you. The o ly problem is shady people expect shady behavior.

So please @anniepan explain why the prices are raised before sale to make us think we are getting a sale. We are getting bamboozled.

Honestly you are charging 33 percent more for SKU 9714134 I can get it for 21 bucks or 30 with tank and you guys have it 30 for just mod.
Oh that sound... it's just me stirring the pot
#2 (permalink)      1/20/2020 8:30:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+3 details
If I'm an online store or a b&m and I decide to sell the same item for $1 does that mean FT are charging 30 times more for the same item? No, it means I am selling it for a loss. Every store has a profit margin, some even choose to temporarily make a loss on an item or they got a good wholesale deal or are subsidized by the manufacturer or they can make up the difference by increasing prices slightly on some other items or increasing shipping charges.

Add shipping charges to the other sites price and the total is $26-$27 depending on which colour you choose, which is similar to what FT's normal price is for the Swag II. You will also find other sites prices are higher than FT's price for the same product.

In regards to the price increase on some items when a sale begins, not all items prices are increased, most are the same price they were prior to the sale.
#3 (permalink)      1/20/2020 9:40:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 395
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos246
+1 details
Pumper 21 went up 5.00 today...nice try fasttech.
#4 (permalink)      1/20/2020 11:08:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 11647
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos18453
+2 details
I don't think the point Diesel11 is trying to make is weather or not FT is charging less or more for an item than other sites. The point is, and we've seen it before, price jacking prior to a sale. FT is surely entitled to make profit, no question. And, raising the price of products then putting them on sale is "shady" and "devious". If you don't track prices you might think that because the item is "on sale" you're getting a deal that you really aren't. It is again, "buyer beware".

This issue is seen in many discount businesses so FT is not unique. If you buy here you need to be aware of the ins and outs so, kudo for the exposure Diesel.
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#5 (permalink)      1/20/2020 11:10:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Diesel11
  • JoinedDec 2019
  • Posts 226
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos104
+2 details
Vape8ion that is exactly my point. I feel like they treat us like idiots to maybe spend money we dont have just because we are getting a great deal only to see it the same price in 2 weeks when we get paid

I understand that they have a profit margin they need to make. It is the playing games to make you think you are getting a deal when you are not. I think they have great prices or I wouldnt be here but I dont like the whole raising prices to reduce for a sale. Just dont gave one. I dont care if they do or not but now I have to wait to buy said item at the normal price. Make sense'? Cause I sure as shit dont understand why I have to wait till sale starts just to buy it for the price it was the other day or wait till they come back k and make prices normal again. It makes me rather go buy it someplace that is honest about their pricing and just has one low low price that celebrates no holidays because they cant lower prices any lower. I would respect that a hell of a lot more. Instead of having to time my purchase to get a good price.

Not to mention the price is 30 percent more. It is 21 plus 4 bucks shipping.

It is now 31 and 2 bucks forbfaster shipping.

That is kind of a big difference

Edited on 1/20/2020 at 11:13 AM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      1/20/2020 11:28:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 11647
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos18453
+2 details
All in all, the list of "cons" for buying at FastTech is quite short and the list of "pros" is certainly longer. This "con" just needs exposure as does the "customer trust" issue you bring up. I think you hit it on the head by saying.....

shady people expect shady behavior.

Sure, there are scammers out there who will try to take advantage of anyone they can but, for the most part when it comes to FT, customers just want a good deal for decent products with decent customer service and reasonable delivery times. When you throw the practice of price jacking prior to a "sale" it casts FT in a poor light and causes skeptical potential customers to be even more reluctant to purchase.

I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#7 (permalink)      1/20/2020 12:53:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SiaSia
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1554
  • Reviews 1223
  • Kudos3073
+2 details
Guys,
It's not nice to point out poor market strategies....

;-)
#8 (permalink)      1/20/2020 1:18:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Carlahola
  • JoinedNov 2017
  • Posts 6870
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos16801
+1 details
other sites have up to 30% discount...delivery not included.
Some of the items I am interested in are still cheaper here
#9 (permalink)      1/20/2020 1:35:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1032
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos826
+3 details
Guys, it's really not rocket science. If you encounter commercial practices that you disagree with, then simply vote with your wallet.

I really can't see that whinging on the company's own forum about it will change anything whatsoever. And given they're all away on holiday right now, they're not likely to be reading it either!

Honestly... 😁
#10 (permalink)      1/20/2020 1:47:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Diesel11
  • JoinedDec 2019
  • Posts 226
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos104
+1 details
I shop here because I like the prices but also I like the customer service for the most part. I do believe they want to keep good customers I also think that @anniepan does what she can to keep everything working as it should. I wouldnt even be posting this if I didnt think it was something anniepan could fix.

All I am saying is that they should not even ha e the sale and just keep the prices the same. And i am in the process of voting with my wallet. Still on the Fence about it. It is posted and tagged because I know she will respond when back and do believe she can do something about it. It's what they do that will determine where I spend my money
#11 (permalink)      1/20/2020 1:58:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1032
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos826
+1 details
Diesel11 wrote:

I shop here because I like the prices but also I like the customer service for the most part. I do believe they want to keep good customers I also think that @anniepan does what she can to keep everything working as it should. I wouldnt even be posting this if I didnt think it was something anniepan could fix.

But this isn't new here. It's been moaned about in the forums MANY times before over the years. If something was to be "fixed", do you not think it would have happened by now?

And remember, that Anniepan is merely an employee, not someone who is in a position to positively affect company policies and decisions like price hikes prior to a sale.

Just saying...