shopping cart empty
Is there a doctor in the house? MCT vapes???
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      8/20/2019 5:09:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 4314
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos2804
+1 details
I hear the edibles thing is pretty massive now, is that an option?

It's interesting the carts do that, do you know the why? Like what chemical component is doing it? I wonder if you made your own vape liquid with it, if it would be better. That has to be a possibility right? Like maybe instead of making butter you did the same recipe with a VG and PG mixture? I guess contaminants would be a factor?
#22 (permalink)      8/20/2019 5:30:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 9260
  • Reviews 248
  • Kudos5929
+1 details
DanTo wrote:

THC and/or CBD are soluble only in oil, so that's why they use it.

High grain alcohol works too. My father went head first into the thc cartridges and makes his own. A few drops of everclear will thin out the thc/cbd oil and will not cause seperation after sitting. PG and PEG are both alcohols but they arent in the same field, both cause seperation.

As far as "flavors" in general there is definatly some that are approved to inhale, "bubble gum flavored asthma inhalers" for children, but the question remains what chemical mixture it is and is that "commercialy" avaliable with full info.

Wylie wrote:

The convenience and potency of the 420 vape cartridges is hard to beat! The asthmatic feeling they give me I do not like and it's been every one I've tried so far that does this, some to greater extent than others.

Honestly stay away from those carts, i get heavy chested and the high only lasts 5 minutes. Dollar wise, health wise, and high wise, your alot better off getting/setting up a dab rba and just vape the pure* oil. No extra crap involved.

Edited on 8/20/2019 at 5:36 PM. Reason:
In a drop top Chevy with the roof wide open, my partners looking at me to see if my eyes open cause I've been drankin and I've Been smokin'
#23 (permalink)      8/20/2019 5:52:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 1463
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1368
EternalSpline wrote:

I haven't tried CBD edibles but i don't see why they shouldn't be. THC edibles have been around for decades now.
I guess they are made with oil based cannabinoids as it is considerably cheaper,

EternalSpline wrote:

It's interesting the carts do that, do you know the why? Like what chemical component is doing it?

I have no expertise regarding the process, I just buy and use the crystaline stuff. 😊

EternalSpline wrote:

I wonder if you made your own vape liquid with it, if it would be better. That has to be a possibility right? Like maybe instead of making butter you did the same recipe with a VG and PG mixture? I guess contaminants would be a factor?

Both VG and PG are mostly used in the food industry, so it would certainly be an option, but I haven't tried it myself. These CBD crystals are so darn expensive so I avoid experimenting too much with them.

For the price of 1 gram of CBD crystals I can buy a decent regulated mod. 😊

Edited on 8/21/2019 at 12:12 AM. Reason:
#24 (permalink)      8/20/2019 6:15:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 4314
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos2804
I was talking to Wylie, about THC. Although I am a fan of CBD, and don't use THC currently so that stuff is more interesting to me.

I have tried CBD honey and it was pretty decent but too low a dose per honey stick, I think it was only 200MG, maybe it was less. I used 6 of them, and enjoyed them.

I need to buy the CBD crystals, any way to slip me a name of where that is worth looking into?

What is the ration with the crystals how do you know how much per ML your getting when you add the crystals?
#25 (permalink)      8/20/2019 7:15:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Starquake
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 137
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos73
+1 details
Wylie wrote:

DanTo wrote:
And we're to the point, thanks!

Now for an alternative to the vape cartridges, I mean other than combustion?

In the cart, with these.

Terpenes are another choice for diluent that's popped up recently

Atomizers without a heating element in the bowl are easier to clean and maintain the flavour better than those with (like the Cerum)
The Quarta SKU 9634823 and the Motar SKU 9624538 have a glass bowl for concentrates with the coil positioned under the bowl for that reason
You may want to hold fire on those tho as there's a clone of the Humboldtvapetech Sai TAF on it's way to FT soon
https://humboldtvapetech.com/product/sai-vaporizer-wtop-air-flow-ti-bucket-coil-installed/

#26 (permalink)      8/20/2019 7:29:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 1463
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1368
EternalSpline wrote:

I need to buy the CBD crystals, any way to slip me a name of where that is worth looking into?

They can be found all over the place.
A simple Google search for "CBD crystals" will render tons of links to online shops.

I have bought from British (Exciteforlife, Flawlesscbd), Scandinavian (Herbmed, Canvory), French (Elite-CBD), Italian (OS-project) and Spanish (Plantoflifeseeds) online shops.

In the US I know of theblvdcbd, cbdhempoiloutlet, purehempbotanicals and vapenterps.

EternalSpline wrote:

What is the ration with the crystals how do you know how much per ML your getting when you add the crystals?

Same principle as for nicotine DIY juice.
First I make a CBD base. I measure the weight of the crystals and dissolve them in PG.
PG is chosen because the crystals dissolve easier and are less prone to re-crystalize.
I end up with a base with a known mg per ml strength.

Then I adjust the strength of the resulting juice and the PG/VG ratio with the help of an e-juice calculator.

Edited on 8/21/2019 at 12:11 AM. Reason:
#27 (permalink)      8/20/2019 7:33:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Starquake
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 137
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos73
+1 details
A search for CBD isolate should find you some
#28 (permalink)      8/20/2019 7:49:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 4314
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos2804
Nice ty
#29 (permalink)      8/20/2019 7:57:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5089
  • Reviews 76
  • Kudos3308
desuede wrote:

DanTo wrote:
THC and/or CBD are soluble only in oil, so that's why they use it.True, but the oil can be removed from the cannabinoids.

I buy my CBD in crystaline form.
I dilute the powder in PG.
When making the DIY juice I add VG and often some flavoring the same way as with nicotine based DIY juice.

Thank you!
I'm somewhat PG sensitive, it gives me the same feeling the 420 cartridges do. I've just bought another type of cartridge that was suggested by another customer at a dispensary. Heavy Hitters Diablo OG.

EternalSpline wrote:

It's interesting the carts do that, do you know the why? Like what chemical component is doing it? I wonder if you made your own vape liquid with it, if it would be better. That has to be a possibility right? Like maybe instead of making butter you did the same recipe with a VG and PG mixture? I guess contaminants would be a factor?

I don't exactly know why as the ingredients aren't listed on the packages and most bud tenders really don't know what is in them.

Edibles are an option but more expensive I believe and a different chemical once processed through the body I'm not so familiar with. I'm with the understanding the chemical the body makes is stronger than the normal THC from vaping or smoking.
Skeeeets wrote:

DanTo wrote:

High grain alcohol works too. My father went head first into the thc cartridges and makes his own. A few drops of everclear will thin out the thc/cbd oil and will not cause seperation after sitting. PG and PEG are both alcohols but they arent in the same field, both cause seperation.

As far as "flavors" in general there is definatly some that are approved to inhale, "bubble gum flavored asthma inhalers" for children, but the question remains what chemical mixture it is and is that "commercialy" avaliable with full info.

Wylie wrote:
The convenience and potency of the 420 vape cartridges is hard to beat! The asthmatic feeling they give me I do not like and it's been every one I've tried so far that does this, some to greater extent than others.

Honestly stay away from those carts, i get heavy chested and the high only lasts 5 minutes. Dollar wise, health wise, and high wise, your alot better off getting/setting up a dab rba and just vape the pure* oil. No extra crap involved.

Cool beans!
Dabs will be the next purchase than and I have an atomizer and coils in my cart here already. I'll TC wire the extra coils after they get gunked.

Always keep your ear to the ground!
#30 (permalink)      8/20/2019 8:03:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5089
  • Reviews 76
  • Kudos3308
Starquake wrote:

Wylie wrote:
DanTo wrote:
And we're to the point, thanks!

Now for an alternative to the vape cartridges, I mean other than combustion?

In the cart, with these.

Terpenes are another choice for diluent that's popped up recently

Atomizers without a heating element in the bowl are easier to clean and maintain the flavour better than those with (like the Cerum)
The Quarta SKU 9634823 and the Motar SKU 9624538 have a glass bowl for concentrates with the coil positioned under the bowl for that reason
You may want to hold fire on those tho as there's a clone of the Humboldtvapetech Sai TAF on it's way to FT soon
https://humboldtvapetech.com/product/sai-vaporizer-wtop-air-flow-ti-bucket-coil-installed/

Looks like I better be researching some gear.

#31 (permalink)      8/21/2019 1:44:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5089
  • Reviews 76
  • Kudos3308
Ordered along with the Cerum.