shopping cart empty
Wismec, Joyetech, Eleaf
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      3/21/2019 9:44:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 4078
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos2583
+2 details
I have had worse luck with SMOK products then wismec of elief products, I don't think I own any joytech stuff.

I am pretty easy on my stuff though so take it with a grain of salt, your experience might vary greatly.
#12 (permalink)      3/21/2019 1:14:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MotoBlue
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 4305
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos4051
+2 details
I have learnt the hard way not to ever buy Smok mods. They have usually lasted until just outside the warranty period then died.I think at least 5 mods have ended up in the trash.
Over a thousand squonk products available at Fasttech
#13 (permalink)      3/21/2019 3:22:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Morris68
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 5051
  • Reviews 47
  • Kudos8056
Ditto for the Smok negatives!
"It is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they have been fooled!" Mark Twain, American Author
#14 (permalink)      3/22/2019 2:49:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MSAKSA
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 292
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos135
SMOK is the worst by far (for me), others might like their stuff.

Wismec Reuleaux RX GEN3 is one my best mods (I actually have 4 of them)
#15 (permalink)      3/22/2019 5:07:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
logidog
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 890
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos682
I learned the hard way to stay away from SMOK products. My guess is they don’t fully test their products before releasing them. And I don’t own any Wismec products either because at the time I wanted to buy some their (press-fitted) 510 problems caused me to stay away. This is apparently solved and I may try some in the future.

As for Joyetech & Eleaf I have plenty of them and IIRC, all of them still work. My very first setup that got me off of analogs was a Joyetech Spinner/ EVOD 2-pack kit which I purchased in 2012, and guess what? Both still work. My latest Joyetech is an Espion Solo and IMHO is a solid mod.

I’ve had no issues with Eleaf gear either but as another poster said I take care of my stuff. You can’t keep banging & dropping them then expect them to work every time you pick’em up.
#16 (permalink)      3/22/2019 5:49:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hiko9
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 5599
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos5356
Dave_Kat wrote:

The eLeaf and Wismec mods I have work fine for me.

For a laugh for some who remember - I still have my HANA 30 watt and 2 Clouper 'Mini's' that are 5 years and 4 years old respectively. They never caught on fire or let me down HAHA. T
1) I don't drop my chit
2) I wind A-1 Kanthol only VW
3) I never pushed the early chips ( vape at around 1 ohm 18mil nic )

-Late,

I still have the first hana with the lid gap in the wrong place so the juice well just pees juice into the mod, and the cloupoor, although that has been repaired several times... still got two V2 Vamos in working order too, there's even some chrome left on the CPB one!!!

Also don't push mods amp wise, always kept the output transistors in my mind.

Not had any Smok or Wismec, or even Eleaf gear. My P4U IPV2 was poorly thought out, had a few crap mechs. My HCigar ZNA30 clone was crap, but that was the poor design of the 510 on the ZNA. Had problems with Sigelei back in the day.. knowingly repeating design flaws after having to sell replacement parts to fix previous products, knowingly continuing to sell a dangerously flawed mechanical design, unreliable electronics.

Joye gear i've had a few ego batteries, inc a twist, all have been by far the superior egos i've owned. Currently vaping on Joye's batpack, it's not very old yet and it has the lid gap problem the first chana had... but this mod is magic somehow... it lasts longer on two AAs than i get out of an 18650 in say the cloupoor

Edited on 3/22/2019 at 5:51 AM. Reason:
Green Screwdriver for LIFE