shopping cart empty
In search of a new mod
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/1/2019 2:32:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
levapoteur
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 564
  • Reviews 36
  • Kudos348
+3 details
In search of a new mod
Hi all, i am looking for a new mod and really don't know where to start so i hope someone here will be able to help me. I am tired of cheap mods with paint that flakes after a week or so(yes i'm a bit hard with my mods). I also wan't something well built that will survive time.

If it was a 1 battery mod, i would go for the geekvape paranormal but it isn't and i don't wan't a 2 batteries mod. I already have a geekvape aegis and paint is cheap and i also lost a screw that unscrewed by itself over time so please don't suggest me that mod.

What you peoples suggest for someone that is not afraid to pay a bit more for something that will last and that INCLUDE paint quality. Some metal finish mods would be good too, i mean not some painted copper or antyhing like that, just bare metal. I still have my sxk zero mini and that is the kind of mod i am looking for.

Thank you all!
#2 (permalink)      3/1/2019 2:46:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 6803
  • Reviews 187
  • Kudos25906
+1 details
Maybe something like SKU 6261300, HCigar VT75 Nano. Colleague of mine has one and it's still stellar looking after 2 years of being his daily bring-to-work mod. Not even all that expensive either.
#3 (permalink)      3/1/2019 3:00:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
levapoteur
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 564
  • Reviews 36
  • Kudos348
+1 details
I already have one of those, this is my daily use mod, i already replaced the c-frame and the top and botttom cap due to a threading issue. Also, the c-frame bend if battery cap is overthightened. Good mod but i am looking for something a bit more heavy duty. By the way, this mod is painted and paint is also very cheap, i grinded it to make it bare metal.
#4 (permalink)      3/1/2019 3:12:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3993
  • Reviews 151
  • Kudos5507
+6 details
YIHI SXMINI SL CLASS SX485J 100W
#5 (permalink)      3/1/2019 3:13:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 4078
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos2583
Maybe a geekvape aegis?
#6 (permalink)      3/1/2019 3:14:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randall_H
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 5426
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos7106
+1 details
I might not be the best person to give advice on this since I really only seem to use squonk mods anymore...

If I were looking to buy a standard mod, I would probably buy SKU 9627060. It's been the only standard mod in my wishlist for a while and seems to stay there each time I re-evaluate things. I would use it with Samsung 40T batteries.
#7 (permalink)      3/1/2019 3:15:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
levapoteur
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 564
  • Reviews 36
  • Kudos348
+5 details
@Richy7 - Yeah that mod looks exactly what i am looking for! Thank you
#8 (permalink)      3/1/2019 4:17:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3993
  • Reviews 151
  • Kudos5507
+4 details
levapoteur wrote:

@Richy7 - Yeah that mod looks exactly what i am looking for! Thank you

Have a look at jai haze review first though..... I dont think quality control is what it used to be with Yihi !!

But then their really isnt a lot as you suggest in a single battery mod that is close to the quality of Yihi.... even a diminished Yihi.

I hope you find what you want :)

#9 (permalink)      3/1/2019 4:25:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
General_Butt_Naked
  • JoinedFeb 2019
  • Posts 98
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos36
+3 details
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: Spam
#10 (permalink)      3/1/2019 4:33:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 3105
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos6133
+3 details

Richy7 wrote:

Have a look at jai haze review first though..... I dont think quality control is what it used to be with Yihi !!

But then their really isnt a lot as you suggest in a single battery mod that is close to the quality of Yihi.... even a diminished Yihi.

Never watch reviews but your comment interested me enough to look it up.
I cant listen to this but I did notice he says this..

This is a preview of the Yihi SXMini SL single 18650/2x7000 device. Now normally I dont have the best experiences with yihi devices, however this one kind of changed the game for me. The last device I really like from Yihi was the Q Mini, I am actually kind of happy they finally came back to being good again

It hurt not to buy that model as it was my taste as well but hard to rationalize when I still have a perfect working SX ML class, a perfect working Q class and even still, a perfect working M class.
( use that one for Natilus attys only)....and each one looks as new as the day I bought them.
I know some people were not fond of the lighter Q models but again, mine has worked perfectly.

Wondered if INK ever purchased that model......the SL?!

Hope the OP mentions how it is if he buys it..

PS: Ok I did suffer through that but Id still have bought it had I been continuing on with vaping :D

Mod (Anniepan) edited on 3/21/2019 at 4:58 AM. Reason: Spam
#11 (permalink)      3/1/2019 4:51:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Carlahola
  • JoinedNov 2017
  • Posts 5447
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos14584
that furniture though...
*giggle*