shopping cart empty
Have you converted to salt nic?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      2/22/2019 8:51:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 7321
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos27689
+5 details
Gigirat67 wrote:

As we all know, nicotine itself is highly addictive.

MarcF is right. I've read studies (too lazy to search for them), where they got mice easily addicted to cigarettes, but not to isolated nicotine. Which leads us to understand that nicotine isn't the most addictive substance in cigarettes.

Nicotine is, at worst, mildly addictive, not any more than caffeine is.

#32 (permalink)      2/22/2019 9:15:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 112
  • Reviews 88
  • Kudos67
We all have our subjective experience with nicotine, and then there is wikipedia.
#33 (permalink)      2/22/2019 9:17:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 4290
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos2788
+4 details
I also believe that is true airwinny, when I smoked I always smoked the same brand because that was what I was addicted to. What ever chemical combo they cooked up, other brands did not fully satisfy me the same way. Hence switching to vaping was still a difficult thing to do because it was only the nicotine.

I think give them time though they will work out a way to make e-cigs that addictive, big T just needs to come along and work there magic.

I feel personally nicotine is more addictive then caffeine, but it seems like what hits with one person is not what hits with another. The grab of addiction does not grab us all the same. I personally feel like it is just the way we are wired internally.
#34 (permalink)      2/22/2019 9:39:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Morris68
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 5186
  • Reviews 50
  • Kudos8158
+4 details
Good thread, Bassett. Been curious about salts for a while but figure I'm spending more than enough of my time with all the sh..tuff I've already got and don't need to complicate things any further.

Started vaping at 18mg and am down to about 6mg or less (though I don't track daily mls). Don't pay much attention to the nic high but rather enjoy the physical sensation of filling my lungs w/ vapor...flavor's neat too.

Also enjoy the heck doing the building process and doing something delicate with my hands.
“O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!" Robert Burns
#35 (permalink)      2/22/2019 9:42:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3636
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5207
+2 details
I've been getting my salt based nic, 100 mg/ml from Nude Nic. Usually a half liter at a time in a VG carrier. They offer a smooth, signature and hit variety, as far as the TH feel. I just go with the smooth and cut it down to 12mg.
Living is the only thing worth dying for...
#36 (permalink)      2/22/2019 12:55:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Coops72
  • JoinedMar 2017
  • Posts 1442
  • Reviews 76
  • Kudos2166
Salt isn't just for high doses. It's a better nicotine all round.

Local vendor here offers whatever mg you want from 3 to 24 ... I usually MTL at 12 ... 12 mg with salts is such a cleaner flavour.
Rage on you crazy diamond.
#37 (permalink)      2/22/2019 1:33:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yoshy262
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 1946
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos1795
+1 details
Yeah but Murphy's law says that:
"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

and

"If it is working, you should not change it"
Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow.
#38 (permalink)      2/22/2019 3:13:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 112
  • Reviews 88
  • Kudos67
Morris68 wrote:

Good thread, Bassett. Been curious about salts for a while but figure I'm spending more than enough of my time with all the sh..tuff I've already got and don't need to complicate things any further.

Started vaping at 18mg and am down to about 6mg or less (though I don't track daily mls). Don't pay much attention to the nic high but rather enjoy the physical sensation of filling my lungs w/ vapor...flavor's neat too.

Also enjoy the heck doing the building process and doing something delicate with my hands.

Bump that. Same story.

#39 (permalink)      2/22/2019 7:08:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randall_H
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 5426
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos7120
I tried using salt nic, expecting it to be somehow better. Mixed it to my usual 12mg strength and didn't like it. It had a sort of fishy/salt water taste, where the nicotines I normally use (Carolina Xtract or VapersTech) taste like nothing at all unless they're old and oxidized.

That trial run didn't take long. Flushed it all. Maybe it was just bad salt nic (NicRiver) but it just turned out to be an expensive mistake since I had no problems with the way I had been doing things before.
#40 (permalink)      2/22/2019 8:34:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DiscoDolly
  • JoinedFeb 2019
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
I don`t even know what salt nic is.

The 'latest thing' rarely is....
#41 (permalink)      2/22/2019 9:52:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RussG
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 3342
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos3713
+1 details
Too late in the day for me to consider salts, most of my mixes start at zero. I do bang nic in sometimes for flavor/hit once I mix down to 100ml bottles.

First year of vaping was the hardest, looking back 24mg was probably not enough to replace my cigs. In that respect salts may be helpful for some new vapers??

I go with airwinny: Nicotine is, at worst, mildly addictive.

The traditional method of getting you nic is the killer.