shopping cart empty
Hong Kong: At the start the reading of proposal the Bill to ban electronic cigarettes
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      2/19/2019 4:04:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TUX01
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 208
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos43
Hong Kong: At the start the reading of proposal the Bill to ban electronic cigarettes
IDK if it's a real news or fake, BTW...

https://www.skyvape.it/vape/index.php/news-dal-mondo/24-legislazione-nel-mondo/1754-hong-kong
(in italian language)
I love watching my pipe after a puff, when the haze comes out from atom's airhole, it looks like really a smoking gun...
#2 (permalink)      2/19/2019 7:29:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ambrougham
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 380
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos533
Looks far from being fake news to me:

South China Morning Post report in English

But TBH, I'm almost certain it was mentioned some time ago (a few years ago) that e-cigs and similar were a bit of a 'problem' locally despite the export trade to the rest of the world. Extreme action mostly based on the "gateway to smoking" argument whilst totally ignoring the potential major benefits to existing smokers it would appear.

Some excerpts from the SCMP report:

A bill to amend the Smoking Ordinance targeting new tobacco products was submitted to the Legislative Council on Wednesday and will go through its first reading on February 20.

The near-total ban makes good on a pledge Chief Executive Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor made in her second policy address as the government seeks to nip the relatively new habit in the bud before it becomes entrenched in the city.

Under the new law, it will still be legal to use the products, though doing so in a non-smoking area will be subject to a fixed penalty of HK$1,500 or a court-imposed fine of HK$5,000.

But anyone who brings in, imports, makes, sells, distributes or promotes new smoking products – including e-cigarettes, heat-not-burn products and herbal cigarettes – could be subject to a maximum penalty of six months’ imprisonment and a fine of HK$50,000 if convicted.

Law enforcement officials will be given more power when handling cases related to new smoking products than those involving conventional tobacco.

Customs officials will be authorised to stop and search any incoming parcel, cargo, baggage or traveller. Officers from the Tobacco and Alcohol Control Office under the Health Department will be able to stop a suspicious person from leaving the scene and call for police help if the person refuses to cooperate with their search.

Deputy Secretary for Food and Health Amy Yuen Wai-yin said visitors to the city would be able to voluntarily abandon their products in boxes placed at the city’s ports.

“In case a visitor doesn’t throw them away and is later found carrying an e-cigarette during the immigration check, we will tend to handle this with leniency during the early stage if the visitor cooperates and hands over the product to our officers,” she said.

Edited on 2/19/2019 at 7:59 PM. Reason:
#3 (permalink)      2/19/2019 8:51:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
patrico1112
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 2138
  • Reviews 436
  • Kudos1960
+3 details
Translation: Some Chinese tobacco company is pissed about lost sales and bribed the govt to ban ecigs to get people back on tobacco. Same bullshit politics that's really behind the FDA pushes against ecigs in US

Edited on 2/19/2019 at 8:53 PM. Reason:
A psychopath here threatened to kill me. So I left. You should too. This place and your acct info is not safe.
#4 (permalink)      2/20/2019 5:51:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
balling
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 392
  • Reviews 33
  • Kudos188
patrico1112 wrote:

Translation: Some Chinese tobacco company is pissed about lost sales and bribed the govt to ban ecigs to get people back on tobacco. Same bullshit politics that's really behind the FDA pushes against ecigs in US

Same situation in Europe (EU). Totally corrupt dictorial and anti-democratic organisation.

Edited on 2/20/2019 at 5:51 AM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      2/20/2019 6:10:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
New2vape
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 808
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos1117
+1 details
this along with the pharmaceutical industry is a world wide issue
Man some of you are crazy motherfkers
#6 (permalink)      2/20/2019 10:30:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
balling
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 392
  • Reviews 33
  • Kudos188
New2vape wrote:

this along with the pharmaceutical industry is a world wide issue

BigT supplies the nicotine for the patches of BigPh.
Brothers in crime with billions to "influence" politicians, civil servents and media.

Edited on 2/20/2019 at 10:31 AM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      2/20/2019 1:19:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Paula.Puhhoels
  • JoinedFeb 2019
  • Posts 329
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos384
It is worth noting the pharmaceutical industry, as well as tobacco, employ many, many people. Families depend on those industries.

With kind regards, I remain

Paula F. Puhhoels
#8 (permalink)      2/20/2019 1:20:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Paula.Puhhoels
  • JoinedFeb 2019
  • Posts 329
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos384
http://www.uncsbrp.org/pharmaceutical.htm
#9 (permalink)      2/20/2019 1:24:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
New2vape
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 808
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos1117
Paula.Puhhoels wrote:

It is worth noting the pharmaceutical industry, as well as tobacco, employ many, many people. Families depend on those industries.

Paula F. Puhhoels

if people chose to smoke, I am not a holier than thou, however when it directly interferes with my way of kicking that habit, I can express myself to shut the industry down

With Kind Regards, I remain
N2V

#10 (permalink)      2/20/2019 1:27:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Paula.Puhhoels
  • JoinedFeb 2019
  • Posts 329
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos384
You put your needs over the many who depend on those industries to put bread on the table for their children? Pardon my assumption, and with all due respect, you must be American.

Paula F. Puhhoels
#11 (permalink)      2/20/2019 1:35:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
New2vape
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 808
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos1117
+1 details
Paula.Puhhoels wrote:

You put your needs over the many who depend on those industries to put bread on the table for their children? Pardon my assumption, and with all due respect, you must be American.

Paula F. Puhhoels

Not American, but love their junk food...anyhow if those running the pharmaceutical world and the governments that help fund them were on the level (which I do not believe for a second they are) then we could have an open & honest discussion.
BT simply comes out with a beginners vape so they do not lose their clientele. I have no issue with that. again, they lie and cheat their way through the very governments that stop vaping

N2V