shopping cart empty
Kudos for reviews, not just discussions... is it a good idea?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/29/2019 8:34:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 112
  • Reviews 90
  • Kudos67
+3 details
Kudos for reviews, not just discussions... is it a good idea?
I stumble upon this suggestion, which I find interesting...

There's a useful YES/NO option, that's good, but its not exactly like Kudos.

I'm a supporter of this idea because I believe it would give credit (kudos) to people who put actual time and effort to provide useful insight on products.
#2 (permalink)      1/29/2019 8:44:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 25828
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos19949
+4 details
Kudos would be better than the current system which is just do you like this review "yes" or "no". The current system just encourages mentally deficient people to waste their admittedly worthless time clicking "no" on all the reviews of people they can't defend their irrational "arguments" against.

The current system encourages morons to be moronic. Kudos would more likely be used by honest people with a brain and a life that are just looking at the product.

Edited on 1/29/2019 at 8:45 AM. Reason:
My interests include logic and reason. If you have a problem with that that's your problem. Lose the simpleton attack fallacies, learn how to think and act sensibly, or get lost.
#3 (permalink)      1/29/2019 11:13:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
New2vape
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 808
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos1117
+4 details
Still don't get what the big deal with kudos is...now if you could exchange them for points then that's another thing. people are posting them signing on as someone else to kudo their own post lol
Man some of you are crazy motherfkers
#4 (permalink)      1/29/2019 10:03:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RussG
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 3417
  • Reviews 105
  • Kudos3804
+2 details
Gigirat67 wrote:

I stumble upon this suggestion, which I find interesting...There's a useful YES/NO option, that's good, but its not exactly like Kudos.I'm a supporter of this idea because I believe it would give credit (kudos) to people who put actual time and effort to provide useful insight on products.

If I want info on a new device I look to discussions not reviews, most reviewers are peeps I do not know. I take the advice of trusted FT posters rather than a strangers review. No brainer.

Kudos is a funny thing. If you desire Kudos,off topic is the way to go.

#5 (permalink)      1/29/2019 10:22:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jubby
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 3335
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos13670
+4 details
Kudos are ok but I’m stacking up emojis now ...
If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#6 (permalink)      1/29/2019 10:28:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randall_H
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 5427
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos7123
+8 details
I used to think that the people with all the kudos were maybe smarter, funnier or more helpful. Not necessarily...

Notice when someone really helps out a noob, they rarely get a kudos but they might get a "Thanks!" follow-up message. The noob doesn't even know what kudos is yet. But make a divisive political comment in an off-topic thread and you'll get a bunch of kudos as a show of support from fellow travelers.

Unless you're (name redacted). Then you create alt accounts to kudos yourself with. God forbid she should fall negative in the posts:kudos ratio. That would mean people don't like her or think she's an idiot, right?

Reviews used to mean alot to me. But many times I would be steered wrong by reviews too. The (helpful y/n) system got seriously abused too. I'm reluctant to even write reviews anymore.
#7 (permalink)      1/29/2019 10:29:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 6295
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos9790
+3 details
New2vape wrote:

Still don't get what the big deal with kudos is...now if you could exchange them for points then that's another thing. people are posting them signing on as someone else to kudo their own post lol

Again I know what and who you are alluding to but you are lying, just as your Discord friends are.

No, I do not sign into Richy7's account for Kudos, nor even know his password, or email address.

Feel free to post proof other than a screenshot of him making a joke that he was lending out his account for Kudos.
He was joking.

Please feel free to take it up with AnniePan if you wish. Several of your friends already tried to do that here months and months ago.

I knew you did not deserve the benefit of doubt but I prefer to be sure of peoples motives before I respond back rudely to them.

Now I would suggest that you either put forth 100% proof that I am signing into Richys account for Kudos, or shut the fuck up 😁

PS: Nor am I the alt giving myself and others Kudos by the name of JBShelaghere for that is obviously one of the Discord crew of trolls doing that just so you can all suggest repeatedl that it is me, with an alt, giving myself Kudos.

So bloody obvious too :D

Edited on 1/29/2019 at 10:31 PM. Reason:
Regressive Radical Leftism fried its brain!
#8 (permalink)      1/29/2019 10:29:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jubby
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 3335
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos13670
+4 details
Randall definitely deserves more kudos than me so I guess he’s right.

Damn Shlag... take a nap.

Edited on 1/29/2019 at 10:31 PM. Reason:
If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#9 (permalink)      1/30/2019 2:08:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27278
What are these "kudos" you speak of?
Woah, mama!
#10 (permalink)      1/30/2019 2:49:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Carlahola
  • JoinedNov 2017
  • Posts 6439
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos16051
+1 details
*nodding to Randall's post above*
#11 (permalink)      1/30/2019 2:51:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SynysterMoritty
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 2955
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos4284
+2 details
johnny_469 wrote:

What are these "kudos" you speak of?

Shelaghs Kryptonite. Hence why she logs into to Richys account for kudos. Without that, she'd die.

Back from toddlin'