shopping cart empty
E-juice and computer damage?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      1/29/2019 2:23:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jollyyeeah
  • JoinedOct 2018
  • Posts 140
  • Reviews 26
  • Kudos66
+1 details
https://www.silverstonetek.com/techtalk_cont.php?tid=wh_positive&area=en

When intake fans' combined airflow is greater than exhaust, a positive pressure is created inside the chassis. Conversely, when the airflow is greater for exhaust than it is for intake, a negative pressure is created. How does positive and negative pressure affect airflow in a chassis?

I got negative, it might help.

EDIT: I got a positive. Three in and one water cooling CPU fan out. That's best cause dust isn't drawn in thru cracks, as with negative airflow.

Edited on 1/29/2019 at 4:22 PM. Reason: edit
#12 (permalink)      1/29/2019 2:29:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MartinGana
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 94
  • Reviews 215
  • Kudos31
+1 details
digitally_vaporized wrote:

Vapor is sticky, dust likes sticky, your computer will have sticky dust, as opposed to the loose, dry dust one usually gets inside computers.

Never thought about this issue! you have a good point here..., thanks for the advice!

#13 (permalink)      1/29/2019 3:26:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 24573
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos19163
+2 details
SambaBugatti wrote:

friend of mine is a cloudchaser and gamer. he vaped while gaming and after a year his pc died. he openend it up and the bottom of it was full of condensate. and i mean full. he could fill a bottle with it. now it is only mtl for him when he is gaming.

Sounds much like my laptops...

This may also have much to do with ambient humidity as it appears to be a mixed bag of experiences from user to user...

Heaven has a wall and strict immigration policies. Hell has open borders.
#14 (permalink)      1/29/2019 4:05:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
javyn
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 12379
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos19007
+3 details
^^ Too much Jesus Juice in your case I'd imagine my dear boy!

"This woman is a coward and a liar. Her replies are so dim-witted its sad."
#15 (permalink)      1/29/2019 4:31:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
r3p3nt
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 4479
  • Reviews 179
  • Kudos9247
+2 details
Never had a problem with my pcs but my xbox one kept turning itself on and off randomly, turns out it was vape residue behind the power button.
Get up and get down with the Disco Troll!;)!
#16 (permalink)      1/31/2019 9:15:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
uNoWhO
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 246
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos154
Jollyyeeah wrote:

https://www.silverstonetek.com/techtalk_cont.php?tid=wh_positive&area=enWhen intake fans' combined airflow is greater than exhaust, a positive pressure is created inside the chassis. Conversely, when the airflow is greater for exhaust than it is for intake, a negative pressure is created. How does positive and negative pressure affect airflow in a chassis?I got negative, it might help.EDIT: I got a positive. Three in and one water cooling CPU fan out. That's best cause dust isn't drawn in thru cracks, as with negative airflow.

have them all blow out and you wont have any issues and if the case has any mesh/cracks you can add some filter material if its in a very dusty environment

#17 (permalink)      1/31/2019 9:51:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
patrico1112
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 2137
  • Reviews 436
  • Kudos1958
Vape ruins your tv pc everything. Vg is sticky it gets on your walls inside your pc. Even the light fixtures in my house get a sticky residue on them. I had to replace the fans on my pc every 6 months because they had a sticky dusty film on them and failed. I carefully clean my processor twice a year. I bought a pair of big hepa air purifiers a few months ago and run them 24/7. They have reduced my vg residue problem by about 70%. I now only vape in the rooms of the house that have the filters. One is near my pc so I blow my vape towards it so it doesn't get inside the pc case as much.
A psychopath here threatened to kill me. So I left. You should too. This place and your acct info is not safe.
#18 (permalink)      1/31/2019 9:55:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
patrico1112
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 2137
  • Reviews 436
  • Kudos1958
+1 details

An extreme example of what vaping can do to as pc. Mine looked similar to this a few months ago and it was a pain to clean.
A psychopath here threatened to kill me. So I left. You should too. This place and your acct info is not safe.
#19 (permalink)      2/1/2019 12:47:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JPBel
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3619
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos1952
+2 details
patrico1112 wrote:

( BS youtube video )

An extreme example of what vaping can do to as pc. Mine looked similar to this a few months ago and it was a pain to clean.

That video is complete BS, for an obvious reason.
Why juice around the GPU but not on the heatsink fins and the components/PCB directly in the fans flow paths ?

The section showing lots of liquid is at the hotest place, where there should be no airflow.

It most likely to be oil from cheap heatsink compound, or, an intentional liquid spill.