shopping cart empty
A sub ohm tank that's as good as a RDA, or close?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/18/2019 1:31:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jollyyeeah
  • JoinedOct 2018
  • Posts 140
  • Reviews 26
  • Kudos66
A sub ohm tank that's as good as a RDA, or close?
Prebuilt coils.

Sorry if this has been asked a 1000 times before.

Edited on 1/18/2019 at 1:31 PM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      1/18/2019 2:57:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Coops72
  • JoinedMar 2017
  • Posts 1317
  • Reviews 73
  • Kudos1923
+1 details
seriously ... there isnt one. the horizon falcon is supposed to be as good as it gets for prebuilts but i haven't personally tried one but I have had a huff on a few others that were supposed to be as good as it gets.

learn to build and get a reload styled rta

ya wont regret it
Rage on you crazy diamond.
#3 (permalink)      1/18/2019 3:43:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jollyyeeah
  • JoinedOct 2018
  • Posts 140
  • Reviews 26
  • Kudos66
Thanks! I have been a squonker for a long time, but seeks a tank that I can use when lazy. I own the first gen of that one. I will order the newest. Thanks! :)
#4 (permalink)      1/18/2019 4:22:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dub09
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1675
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos526
+1 details
Not sure about what the tank is called but I remember using one that came with my eleaf pico, the pre-built head has those welded wires(2pcs of 26ga kanthal probably, yeah definitely kanthal since there was no burnt metal taste when pulsed the first time).
Smoking is Dead, Vaping is the Future, and the Future is Now... So I will ask a percentage of your sales for each device review I do.
#5 (permalink)      1/18/2019 5:07:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MotoBlue
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 4266
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos3999
+1 details
If you squonk and are lazy
Afk Studio Easy One Eda RDA SKU 9658925

ADVKEN Notch SKU 9673639

I am lazy. That is why I have around 40 RDAs coiled, wicked and ready to squonk. I will use needing to rewick a dozen RDAs as an excuse to shut myself away from the Mrs.
Over a thousand squonk products available at Fasttech
#6 (permalink)      1/18/2019 5:39:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TCM56
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 826
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos502
+1 details
IMO just about every sub ohm tank out does all RDA's. But that's my opinion. However, the profile, and dead rabbit, I find to be the best rda's I've purchased out of last years rdas. But they don't come close to even some of the smok tanks with the rba deck in them. Some say the Falcon with its mesh coil is the best sub-ohm tank. I say fooey to that and say the Fireluke mesh with its quad mesh coil out does it,. But then, we can get into the RTAs and nothing imo outdoes them. One better than an RDA? Any one single sub-ohm tank that you pick will be better. Especially the ones made in the past 2 years. All you then need to decide is if you want mouth to lung or full lung inhale or a combination of both to some degree.

What's the best! Go RTA. Many good ones out these days, I've rocked the WoToFo Bravo tank every day since February 24, 2018 (it's been discontinued here at FT now though). Some like things like the GeekVape Creed RTA, GeekVape Blitzen RTA, Digiflavor Themis RTA, Reload Styled RTA, Vandy Vape Triple 28 RTA and on and on, all of which listed, I own, plus many more and they are all good. But for me! The Bravo wins out. Why! Because for me the airflow is perfect. Now I can do the same thing and list all the sub ohm tanks I have, but I've already said what won out for me to date. Some of us literally have a few thousand dollars worth of vape gear. Accumulated from many years of trial and error. I do because I have to find out for myself, what works for me, not what works for 1.5 million other people. I sit and watch youtube videos sometimes for hours if I have the time to waste, I read ECF and reddit reviews as well, to try to come to the best conclusion of what I might like. So sub ohm tank for me that wins out hands down is FreeMax Mesh Pro Sub Ohm Tank with either the
FreeMax Mesh Pro Kanthal Quad Coil Head or FreeMax Mesh Pro Kanthal A1 Triple Coil Head .
The Freemax Fireluke can use the same mesh coils as the Mesh pro, albeit I use mine with the provided rba deck and use 317Lss 2 x28 x 36 Clapton 3mmID 5 wrap@ 0.4 ish ohms and go gen do cotton. Flavor for days and yes! it outlasts all premade coils. But have to give good longevity to the freemax coils too, Never let them get dry and they can last a month of hard vaping.

Yes, I also own many other sub ohm tanks. From last year and the year before and the year before that all the way back to 2012. Including the Falcon that so many rave over, But since now I don't vape nic, and only vape my own DIY blends, the listed is what I rave over today. Tomorrow might be something new.

While Paul of Vape don't smoke on youtube raves about the Dvarw DL V3 Styled RTA and it is his favorite RTA, (as does it look like it's Squonk_life's fav too) I don't agree. The price point is good, but after that, for me, there isn't a thing about it that I like. This just goes to prove one thing! "Different strokes for different folks" and that "it's a good thing we all aren't the same, lest we'd be living in a very dull way."

Happy hunting and vaping.

Edited on 1/25/2019 at 11:30 AM. Reason:
Vape on! It's the new healthier and more tasty way. Two things I can't help fix. 1: STUPID 2: Gloating! Both proof of quantifiable idiocy. If you think you know everything then we'll agree on nothing.
#7 (permalink)      1/18/2019 6:07:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 16569
  • Reviews 880
  • Kudos19013
+1 details
Horizon Falcon King Sub Ohm Tank

SKU 9686670

Coils SKU 9686858 SKU 9686859
www9.zippyshare.com/v/rBl2MKtH/file.html The trolls are getting desperate, multiplying and baiting. I see you.
#8 (permalink)      1/18/2019 6:17:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Morris68
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 4974
  • Reviews 47
  • Kudos7930
+1 details
Picked up the new Silverplay RTA for about $10 bucks (FT doesn't seem to carry it). Always liked the old Silverplays (though they were somewhat of a bear to build and mine tended to leak at times) so I thought I'd give this a try. One YT reviewer called it the worst ever made but, while I kind like his vids...somewhat...I've found that his disapproval tends to be a sign that I'll be pleased with an item (the Tobino RDA comes to mind...really like mine).

I'll admit that my sense of taste & smell (pretty much related) are somewhat sub-par and I don't usually get tremendous flavor from my builds but this one blew me away. As I'm usually a DTL'er I almost built mine without one of the three air inserts but decided to use the biggest and will soon try the smaller ones. The flavor was intense, the amount of vapor was satisfactory and while it had screws rather than post holes or clamps, they're a decent size and it's not a difficult build.

Also picked up a Vandy Vape Revolver (same price) and while I prefer the Silverplay's vape, I do like the fact you can change the air flow under the coil with a simple turn of a screw.

I'd consider it if FT starts carrying it or you can find someone selling them at a decent price.

Edited on 1/18/2019 at 6:18 PM. Reason:
"It is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they have been fooled!" Mark Twain, American Author
#9 (permalink)      1/18/2019 6:38:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
patrico1112
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 2137
  • Reviews 436
  • Kudos1958
djvillan wrote:

Horizon Falcon King Sub Ohm Tank

SKU 9686670

Coils SKU 9686858 SKU 9686859

Really dj....it's on pre-order and only has reviews in the last few days on you tube. Try again.

A psychopath here threatened to kill me. So I left. You should too. This place and your acct info is not safe.
#10 (permalink)      1/18/2019 6:48:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 88
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos36
nope, its not even really that close...but it is a smaller difference than before, especially if you just vape 24,25mm dual coil rdas. there is nothing that compares to a small chamber restricted rda 22mm or slightly smaller. i keep trying to find that rta as well...the best i have are reloads, mantas, merlin mini and moonshot. good luck.
#11 (permalink)      1/19/2019 7:13:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Squonk_life
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 939
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos577
+1 details
Best RTA hands down is the dvarw. I primarily squonk, but the dvarw just gives awesome flavor, super dense. It is technically a mtl tank but you can buy the inserts. Or you could just get the 24mm version that is more of a restricted vape to wide open
Squonklife