shopping cart empty
do plastic tanks and containers have an "expiration date"?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      1/11/2019 2:13:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 13061
  • Reviews 334
  • Kudos25633
+1 details
Dang, the only tank cracker aroma I was using... was cinnamon. And my lately bought one, just always made me coughing.

What about cloves? ;)
#12 (permalink)      1/11/2019 2:25:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 971
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos799
+1 details
Should be okay. And cinnamon isn't bad enough for me to completely avoid it - I just don't make it an all-day, everyday thing. It's not like there is a huge population of cooks and bakers dropping from the stuff. It's still safer than menthol, which is, in turn, immensely safer than sticking some dead plant matter rolled up in paper in your mouth hole and setting it on fire.
#13 (permalink)      1/11/2019 6:36:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 13061
  • Reviews 334
  • Kudos25633
+1 details
Ok than. Some years ago a mate sent me some madebyhimself cinnamon juice. It was delicious. I never managed to reproduce it. Tried some different sources though. Not counting the effect mentioned above.
#14 (permalink)      1/11/2019 6:43:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 6503
  • Reviews 187
  • Kudos24461
+2 details
Just buy a tiny bottle of Flavorah Rich Cinnamon. Absolutely delicious, and very potent. 2 drops in 30ml of juice already gives you quite the flavorful vape.
#15 (permalink)      1/11/2019 7:32:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 971
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos799
+3 details
I'll second the Flavorah Rich Cinnamon - there's really no sense going anywhere else for a bakery cinnamon (as opposed to a cinnamon candy/red hot/heart). There's also Flavorah Apple Filling which is a great standalone if you want a fruity body underneath - it's basically the entrails of most of those "apple pies" that aren't really pies; 2% will more than do ya, and it's very cinnamon (you'd add a secondary apple or two to make something that's more "real" apple pie).

However, I'm going to point you to a recipe that doesn't use it at all - Cinna'Bunnelby by Fresh (fresh03, freshepies, etc. - his real name is Dustin Freshley, which failed to be hip and cool enough for the interwebz back in the day): http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1367030/Cinna%27Bunnelby%20%28Simple%20Buttercream%20Cinnamon%20Roll%29 - it takes a good four days to steep in properly, but it's more than worth the wait. Bit of a gunker, though, and will contain acetoin and AP, so you have to evaluate the holy-crap-delicious versus unproven-potential-harmfulness ratio for yourself.
#16 (permalink)      1/12/2019 5:15:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 13061
  • Reviews 334
  • Kudos25633
+2 details
Thanks guys! Noted.

The only french place where I found it, is selling it in a 15ml format for 13€ + shipping, I think I won't jump on it immediately...
#17 (permalink)      1/12/2019 9:40:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 971
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos799
+1 details
Flavorah tends to be expensive if you only look at price per ml. It's really concentrated stuff, though - you'll be using it at between 0.2% and 2% for almost all of their flavours. (There is that one recipe where I take FLV Pound Cake up to 2.5%, but that's only because the other super-strong flavour in that recipe - an Inawera flavour - can't come down below 0.5% without having some off notes, and I need that much cake to balance it.) The only real bummer about the price is that they don't sell all of their flavourings in bulk quantities for resellers to rebottle, so you can't get everything in, say, 3ml or 5ml tester bottles. (The 15ml bottle is Flavorah's own.) Having said that, a lot of their flavours are actually really good stand-alone flavourings, and if you can get 1500ml of juice for 13€ plus base (at 1%), that's suddenly not so expensive.
#18 (permalink)      1/12/2019 9:40:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pronoob
  • JoinedMay 2016
  • Posts 409
  • Reviews 88
  • Kudos190
+1 details
essellar wrote:

It's still safer than menthol

what's wrong with menthol?
it's my all day vape,doesn't gunk my coils and doesn't crack my tanks.

#19 (permalink)      1/12/2019 12:00:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 971
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos799
+3 details
pronoob wrote:

what's wrong with menthol?
it's my all day vape,doesn't gunk my coils and doesn't crack my tanks.

Check out the tissue studies. Menthol hits cells hard at the time of inhalation - it's not even a long-term exposure thing. Even if they recover, repeated tissue insults can lead to other problems over time. (And it doesn't do much to plastics, etc., which is another good example of why avoiding "crackers" for health reasons because they affect plastics is just paying attention to the wrong things.)

Basically, the idea that vaping is "healthy" is nonsense - it's just a helluva lot better for you than smoking. The things we know least about are the flavourings we use, and menthol is probably the best-explored of those flavourings. But again, take it in context - if it's what's keeping you off the stinkies, and it's considerably less harmful than smoking, then don't worry about it more than you have to. On the other hand, if you're trying to make it as healthy as it can be, menthol is a good thing to avoid.

#20 (permalink)      1/12/2019 12:24:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 6503
  • Reviews 187
  • Kudos24461
+2 details
cilika wrote:

The only french place where I found it, is selling it in a 15ml format for 13€ + shipping, I think I won't jump on it immediately...

Chefsflavours or rainbowvapes in the UK are the places to go to for almost all flavorings, way cheaper than in other European countries. International shipping is quite fair as well, when I still shipped to Germany I used to pay 3-4 GBP for shipping, max. Flavorah flavorings are usually around 3 GBP for 10ml.

essellar wrote:

On the other hand, if you're trying to make it as healthy as it can be, menthol is a good thing to avoid.

Fair point. I've always wondered if that also applies to WS-23, Koolada, and other coolants (is that even a word?).

#21 (permalink)      1/12/2019 1:32:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pronoob
  • JoinedMay 2016
  • Posts 409
  • Reviews 88
  • Kudos190
unfortunately the only two e-liquids i can bear from the many I've tried are a certain menthol and a NET one which also isn't the best option.

Edited on 1/12/2019 at 2:59 PM. Reason: