shopping cart empty
User Review - Morten Oen and Cthulhu Mod's 30mm RDA
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/22/2018 3:15:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bikendi
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 784
  • Reviews 100
  • Kudos936
+6 details
User Review - Morten Oen and Cthulhu Mod's 30mm RDA
As promised.

Got it on Monday, didn't want to make an out of the box review, took my time with it.

Ran a few builds, started with flat wire, a series build, and these fresh aliens

I won't go over the packaging and product naming.. Nothing to do with how it performs.

To wick it properly and reduce dead space, you need tails like these

Then place them like this, to achieve a flat top

A look at the cap. Flat with a bit of dome on border, and reduced to almost a 510 size opening. Tip is 810 sized.

Edited on 6/22/2018 at 8:08 PM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      6/22/2018 3:24:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 9044
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos14104
+2 details
Nice pics Bikendi! I have a couple of 26650 mods this might go good on the last 30mm I bought was a Cerberus....Ummmmmm howz it workin?
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#3 (permalink)      6/22/2018 3:40:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bikendi
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 784
  • Reviews 100
  • Kudos936
+2 details
Package comes with a replacement ceramic insulator, 2x post grub screws, 2x ceramic setup holding grub screws. 1x screwdriver. A 510 adapter. 1x squonk pin. A few orings and an user manual wich points the right wicking method.

To the beef.

It is a 30mm wich does not perform like the 30mm's we are used to, it is more like a 24mm in terms that it is not airy being wide open, and the flavor does not get lost at all, producing very generous clouds.

My cons. Getting the right leg's length is not that easy, and takes a learning curve to get them to the right size to be able to tighten them and place the coils. Be ready to throw your first pair of coils, so don't build them, use some premades or round wire to get the sizing.

Can take a bit of patience to build.

The screws are not too big, and stay quite deep into their holes. That takes installing the coils an extra effort as i said.

The holes for the coil legs should have been made bigger to allow using thick wires, a 3 cores 26awg almost fills them.. Its a pity cose this would have been a great one for exotics..

The cap leaves something like 1mm of the bottom of deck visible on mine, it does not cover it all. Gotta look closely, but hope it gets improved.

Being picky, and throwing some extra:

The 510 pin is SS and tiny, there's too much SS already in this atty to cause VD, a bigger cupro-nickel one would be very welcomed. Same with the squonk pin.

Pros. This is the first true RDA where I can dump liquid like crazy, and enjoy it without gurgling and spitback. Really. No Drop, no Recoil, no jokes.. dump juice straight from the lid of the bottle😅👍

The top AF placement over the coils, and deck's design, solves one of the problems that pisses me big time, sucking juice from the pool helped by the vortex that gets created when wicking like this.

No such problem👍 I can drip like a fool, then draw like a typhoon!!

Edited on 6/22/2018 at 4:25 PM. Reason:
#4 (permalink)      6/22/2018 4:09:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bikendi
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 784
  • Reviews 100
  • Kudos936
vape8ion wrote:

Nice pics Bikendi! I have a couple of 26650 mods this might go good on the last 30mm I bought was a Cerberus....Ummmmmm howz it workin?

Thank you Vape8ion!☺

I can recommend it, no doubts 👍 Flavor and perfomance 👌

Right now the new 26650 are beasts, and a 20650 can be used too.

Nothing to do with Warhead, X1, Big Buddha, TM30, Death Trap..

When he said Cthulhu wanted to make a statement with this atty, think he meant a proof of concept, making a 30mm work for other than mass-producing huge clouds.

Edited on 6/22/2018 at 5:17 PM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      6/22/2018 4:36:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3983
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos2542
+1 details
Happy to hear you like it! Not really jumping at this one, but it is good to hear that someone is having a good experience with something. Nothing against the guy, just don't have a mod right now that fits a 30MM.
#6 (permalink)      6/22/2018 5:16:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bikendi
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 784
  • Reviews 100
  • Kudos936
+1 details
Thanks EternalSpline, it is nice to share good news☺
#7 (permalink)      6/22/2018 5:18:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3983
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos2542
+1 details
Yeah and nice to get good news! America it's all bad news lately..
#8 (permalink)      6/22/2018 6:57:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 9044
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos14104
+2 details
I would really like to break out my copper Mutant. If you don't mind.....how many $ was the device?

America it's all bad news lately..

I have a solution....opt out of the news. It works but takes a while to let go.

I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#9 (permalink)      6/22/2018 7:14:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3983
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos2542
+1 details
Yeah bud, I don't watch the news at all.. Working in front of the computer it tries to creep in from time to time. I am interested in some of it for sure, but my beliefs and my way of thinking isn't popular so it's sort of a lose lose situation. Some people want to build a wall, me personally I think use the money to help them be the people you don't want to wall off.

It's crazy man, people do not seem to understand that if we have enough global cooling that they might want to be on the other side of that wall...

Not only for that though, just treat people how you want to be treated right? I mean come on, the whole thing is just silly.. We have people clinging to a way of life so hard, and so scared to lose it, that they want to shut the rest of the world out. The people trying to get in, in some cases have it worse then people on the other side can imagine and the people at the top are glad that these two groups are the ones fighting each other..

What ever it is people believe though, I hope at the end of the day both sides can agree that they are not getting any better with hate and BS. It's never the road to better.. It's just the path to more of the same.

I am not trying to be an activist or say I have all the answers because I know I don't. I just know what has never worked.
#10 (permalink)      6/22/2018 7:33:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bikendi
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 784
  • Reviews 100
  • Kudos936
vape8ion wrote:

I would really like to break out my copper Mutant. If you don't mind.....how many $ was the device?

€35/$39 very happy after testing it, no regrets and mine wont be shelved

#11 (permalink)      6/22/2018 8:37:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
A_Stack_O_The_Clones
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 508
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos356
+1 details
You've got to give the guy credit for trying unusual things without blatant gimmickry and at reasonable cost.