plague91 wrote:

michaeldoc69 wrote:
JessVapin wrote:
...the Boxer is 10 times better than a Frankie with just a bottle swap. =) How about this way? All contacts are made out of Beryllium Copper and the square contact on 510 connector is made out of Oxygen free copper.

nice work! quick question, what size is the threading for the square copper contact? i dont really have the tooling to make a fancy oxygen free copper one from scratch, but was thinking i could get a similar effect using a copper nut with the right threading.

any idea what size would fit?

The size of the threads depends on, what kind of 510 connector, you would chose to use. I used Italian ModDog Nano-22, it's positive part has M5.5 pitch 0.5mm threads and I have threaded my square copper contact accordingly. But if you chose to use Varitube VT510, you would thread it M3.5 pitch 0.6mm. And ModMaker MM510 uses M3.0 pitch 0.5mm. But if you chose to keep, the factory installed Chinese connector, then you need M4.0 pitch 0.7mm. And Fat Daddy (and it's Chinese clones), are not threaded, you are going to have to press fit your contact.
Unfortunately, Beryllium Copper has almost the same conductivity of Brass, which is a lot worse then pure copper. I chose to use it, for its springiness, that pure copper does not poses. A sheet of pure silver, would be a better choice, because it is both conductive and springy.