shopping cart empty
Squonking at Fasttech
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#681 (permalink)      7/11/2017 3:40:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5214
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3733
JessVapin wrote:

Well, the obvious fixed/non adjustable 510 is kind of a bummer...so is the screw cap for cell... but, it's all about what you like. I never bought the CV mod, top switch is just not for me.

I have also heard youtube complaints regarding the firmness of the bottle.

Ehh, it's all in what you want though. First squonk mod might turn you off to the whole idea of it if you really hate the first one. I lucked up my first was the first Kanger and it's a non mech mech, meaning it has some protections. My first one died, I bought a replacement right away. I just really enjoy that one.

Now I have a bunch of squonk mods, and I want more, and more SRDA's too.

If you are in the states you can find the COV wraith pretty cheap if you look hard enough. That one is regulated at 80W but pretty damn good all and all.

#682 (permalink)      7/11/2017 3:42:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Fizikus
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 117
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos67
+1 details
Supaturk wrote:

JessVapin wrote:
Well, the obvious fixed/non adjustable 510 is kind of a bummer...so is the screw cap for cell... but, it's all about what you like. I never bought the CV mod, top switch is just not for me.
Rather than that, what is the difference to cheap plastic bombers?I cant understand it why to buy a cheap frankie or boxer clone when you have a solid build cv.

I had a Coppervape and now have a Boxer (and therion, and yftk sva and ....) but let's see the differences:

Coppervape is a solid ss mod, great magnets, but the button is shitty.
Boxer: button is awesome, bottle is shitty, had to change it to YFTK Super Soft. Plastic body is not as bad as a lot of people complained about it here.

Edited on 7/11/2017 at 3:43 PM. Reason:
#683 (permalink)      7/11/2017 3:46:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JessVapin
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 8551
  • Reviews 82
  • Kudos22300
Supaturk wrote:

JessVapin wrote:
Rather than that, what is the difference to cheap plastic bombers?I cant understand it why to buy a cheap frankie or boxer clone when you have a solid build cv.

If you like is all that matters. Read reviews and watch video as ES said.
But personally, of those you mentioned, I'd go with the Boxer. ...of those you mentioned. ;)

I'll be in and out.
#684 (permalink)      7/11/2017 3:50:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5214
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3733
"Rather than that, what is the difference to cheap plastic bombers?I cant understand it why to buy a cheap frankie or boxer clone when you have a solid build cv."

I have a cheap frankie clone, and I would say skip it! I guess it is much better if you spend half the cost of the clone on a bottle for it... To me that is kind of B.S. but I will probably do it, now that I have it.

In no rush to get it though! The boxer sounds about the same from what I have read about it.

I mean they are cheap, they hit pretty hard, they need a better bottle and then your pretty set for a mech squonker. If you had better contacts then yes they would be better... Basically you can replace the whole frankie and be left with a plastic shell, and then you will be in good shape... So no I would not advise you to go that route for your first one.. Unless you really love the look of them, or some shit like that.
#685 (permalink)      7/11/2017 4:03:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Supaturk
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 105
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos21
So, I think buying the CV was a good choice. I have the option to use some Ultimakers for 3D printed custom mods , but in the end, it will cost me more or the same as a CV or anything comparable with a good 510 and the rest for bottles etc. So if someone has a welldesigned 3d model, I can make a printout of that one.
#686 (permalink)      7/11/2017 4:05:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JessVapin
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 8551
  • Reviews 82
  • Kudos22300
...the Boxer is 10 times better than a Frankie with just a bottle swap. =)
I'll be in and out.
#687 (permalink)      7/11/2017 11:58:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
deadlydeep
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 87
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos13
Hi got a Coppervape BF and just don't think it hits that hard . Have a 0.14 dual coil with a fully charged VTC5a and it's all a bit weak tbh . Any tips ?
#688 (permalink)      7/12/2017 3:15:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ashmiester1973
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 90
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos27
Supaturk wrote:

Just ordered the Coppervape BF and the Hadaly . Is it a good mod for the beginning?

LOVE MINE USE IT EVERYDAY NO COMPLAINTS IT WAS MY FIRST SQOUNKER WORKS A TREAT WITH THE HADALY AND THE ARMOR 1.0 ENJOY!!!!!

#689 (permalink)      7/12/2017 9:33:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Train2
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 74
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos30
Are you comparing it to other 1-battery mechs? Or comparing to regulated?

If the build is a lot of metal, it's going to struggle to heat it up, regardless of resistance. Throw a 22 gauge single wire wrap in there and it should fire hot.

If that's not it, check all your contact points - clean the screw that hits the battery, check that the bottle is connected snug (it provides leverage for the fire pin), wipe the whole flat part of the top/base that make contact.

I give the cap/base a quick wipe with DeOxIt about once a month - literally less than a drop.

deadlydeep wrote:

Hi got a Coppervape BF and just don't think it hits that hard . Have a 0.14 dual coil with a fully charged VTC5a and it's all a bit weak tbh . Any tips ?

#690 (permalink)      7/12/2017 9:34:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Train2
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 74
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos30

If the build is a lot of metal, it's going to struggle to heat it up, regardless of resistance. Throw a 22 gauge single wire wrap in there and it should fire hot.

If that's not it, check all your contact points - clean the screw that hits the battery, check that the bottle is connected snug (it provides leverage for the fire pin), wipe the whole flat part of the top/base that make contact.

I give the cap/base a quick wipe with DeOxIt about once a month - literally less than a drop.

deadlydeep wrote:

#691 (permalink)      7/12/2017 9:34:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Train2
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 74
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos30

deadlydeep wrote: