shopping cart empty
busardo visits clone factory
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#41 (permalink)      3/22/2015 11:04:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hartoled
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 13576
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos10971
+3 details
Well, Innokin did a deal with Evolv so that figures. Kanger is kind of mainstream and original so that figures. I bet he was afraid YiHi might make Evolv look like a "shack out back".
KF4 Leaking? For a more secure seal, replace the o-ring #16 with one that is 1.5mm cross section. SKU 1536606 or SKU 1536607
#42 (permalink)      3/22/2015 11:13:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18276
+7 details
People like to trot out the "only paid $10 (whatever) a day" thing when talking about employment in other regions. They forget that that's a living wage in the local economy. Get pissed off about how much emergency services get paid at home before whining about the cost of living elsewhere. Workers in modern Chinese factories are neither nine years old, nor are they paid slave wages - they're professional adults getting a fair wage by local standards. As for the other baffling standby of "buying clones funds terrorism", I'm not going to dignify that with redress, on the assumption that people on this forum aren't fucking idiots.

The other anti clone argument I adore is that Chinese stainless steel is filled with dangerous impurities. Newsflash: 40% of all steel is made in China, and most authentics are probably made with the same material as the clones. Plus, SS is an alloy, and ingredients like lead are what make it stainless - it would be cheaper if they included FEWER impurities.

Anyhoo, most authentic makers would give their right hand for the sort of CNC facilities most Chinese factories have, and kill for such a reliable and dedicated workforce. Maybe they should have farmed out production to the far east from day one so their metal tubes were priced more competitively - that way the cloners wouldn't have been so motivated in ripping off their designs thanks to the narrower margin.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#43 (permalink)      3/22/2015 11:18:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18276
As for the whole "Chinese chips are crap" thing, I'm more concerned that most of NATO have used Chinese OEM parts in their weapons systems. Kinda like letting the chickens into the hen house in geopolitical terms.

Sorry, slightly over medicated. *gets off high horse on which he's tilting at windmills*
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#44 (permalink)      3/23/2015 5:07:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hiko9
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 5651
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos5418
That's why we clean our atties properly when we get them

worked in far worse places
Green Screwdriver for LIFE
#45 (permalink)      3/23/2015 5:38:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Floridasam
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 43
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos40
He has talked in the past about his fake....I mean "replica" watches, built in China in probably the same factories.
#46 (permalink)      3/23/2015 7:17:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Reese
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 1044
  • Reviews 88
  • Kudos594
Sigh, after watching this video I doubt I'll ever watch him again. He usually does decent jobs at reviewing items in detail, but this trip to China...

I mean, I live over here and what I see everyday is very similar to what he considers "shacks" in Taiwan machine shops are everywhere, they are loud and covered in dirt and oil. I see absolutely nothing wrong with what he was showing us in China and to be honest I'd rather work at the clone factory than at Kanger. For the most part the people that work in Shenzhen only live there to work, they come from other provinces that are by far worse conditions. I'd even bet that the clone factories even provide them places to live. Probably similar to a dorm style setup.

As far as steel - USA - Pittsburgh had the market for quite a long time until they started importing from other countries - that was back in the 70's. Take a look at Pittsburgh now, its a damn ghost town. Nothing wrong with Chinese steel.

Wow to think that before I arrived in Asia I was just as clueless as those schmucks SMH.

Edited on 3/23/2015 at 7:19 AM. Reason:
Tacos and spacecake.
#47 (permalink)      3/23/2015 11:28:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
blademansw
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 41
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos18
I have seen far worse small manufacturing facilities than those in the video, here in the UK. Its a fucking dirty job, so live with it Mr B....

The only thing I was disappointed by was the lack of eye protection for the people doing the polishing!
#48 (permalink)      3/23/2015 2:50:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
poulw
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 275
  • Reviews 32
  • Kudos231
Do these workers have any health insurance or some type of workers comp? If they get inured do they get fired and become homeless after their 'dorm' is taken away?
#49 (permalink)      3/23/2015 3:19:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mtb20
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 189
  • Reviews 85
  • Kudos165
poulw wrote:

Do these workers have any health insurance or some type of workers comp? If they get inured do they get fired and become homeless after their 'dorm' is taken away?

Between that and the rice fields,which would you prefer?

#50 (permalink)      3/23/2015 3:30:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hiko9
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 5651
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos5418
It was imports from more easterly regions that did for the steel industry here in Sheffield, England too.

went from an industrial city (with conditions far worse than in the clone factory) making the best stainless steels in the world to having almost no trace that any heavy industry ever went on here in 40 years.
Green Screwdriver for LIFE
#51 (permalink)      3/23/2015 4:08:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27287
+6 details
I wonder how many more invites to make vids like this anyone will get in the future...

It was pretty obvious that they went there to talk "sh*t" about the cloners and do an "expose" on them. Their intention, at least from they way they spoke in the video while in China, was not to be objective, but push their agenda about "authentic" stuff being better. At the end, when they were "interviewing" the cloners, it was so ridiculously patronizing to them, and I felt sorry for them that they didn't understand it due to the language barrier.

If I were a cloner, I wouldn't want those guys anywhere near my production facilities.

Also, since they made such a point of how "dirty" it was there, maybe they should go visit the average American workshop. I mean, honestly, how many production facilities in America are any cleaner during operating hours, not "show and tell for the camera" hours? lol

Edited on 3/23/2015 at 4:34 PM. Reason:
Woah, mama!