Ego battery repair
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/14/2013 3:11:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KarenKarma
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 970
  • Reviews 73
  • Kudos548
Ego battery repair
I know I should know a lot more about this than I do...

But, until recently, I have never seen an ego battery fall apart. (Gah, you'd think glue was cheap.)
I have tried just putting them back together, but a few have started burning up atomizers when I did that. I don't know what exactly I am doing wrong.

So, could someone show me EXACTLY what to do when an ego battery, like many of the ones I have bought here falls apart? I mean, I have just been mailing them back because the customer is terrified of them once they see wires. Maybe I can glue them correctly BEFORE selling them. I don't know but I can't keep returning 8-10 batteries at a time.
#2 (permalink)      8/14/2013 3:53:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mammoth
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 423
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos440
Honestly, once an ego battery has fallen apart the best place for it is the bin. If you buy (or sell) brand name batteries you probably won't have that problem. I've been using 3 Smoktech ego batteries for well over 18 months and they're all as solid today as they were when I bought them.
#3 (permalink)      8/14/2013 3:56:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KarenKarma
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 970
  • Reviews 73
  • Kudos548
I would agree, but the issue is usually as simple as a little glue and placing things back together correctly.
#4 (permalink)      8/14/2013 4:10:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mammoth
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 423
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos440
+1 details
But they shouldn't fall apart in the first place. If whichever manufacturer you're buying these batteries from can't even be bothered to glue them together properly then I wonder what else they skimped on? These aren't toys, if one of your customers decides to fix a battery themselves and ends up blowing something up then you're in serious trouble.

I'd go and buy some Evod batteries direct from the Kangertech wholesale website instead, they're cheap as hell if you buy in bulk (10+) and Kangertech have a reputation at stake. Despite the bad batch of batteries they had recently, they at least had the gumption to recall them all before something happened to one of their customers. I doubt the no-name manufacturer that made your batteries would do the same!
#5 (permalink)      8/14/2013 4:14:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sbc83
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 206
  • Reviews 103
  • Kudos87
+1 details
They don't use glue to attach the top part from what I can tell. Looks to be press fitted. Once it comes out it will never be the same unless a little adhesive is applied.
#6 (permalink)      8/14/2013 4:19:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KarenKarma
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 970
  • Reviews 73
  • Kudos548
I knew that didn't make sense SBC. There was no glue residue that I could see, but I put them up like a hot potato when they do that.

I just wanted to know the correct way to put it back together.

Or, do you think it's the safest bet to just keep sending them back to fasttech? I think they can at least learn what is wrong with them and maybe ditch the manufacturer that way.
#7 (permalink)      8/14/2013 5:11:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 31798
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos62845
+1 details
Even brand name batteries fall apart 5 of mine did. Mostly occurs if I forget I have in my pocket and bend down to far.

I started to just loosen the press fitting a little (when I get a new one) and I add a drop of crazy glue and push back together.

The reason they are press fitted and not glued in the first place is because if they go bad and pressure builds up it will pop apart (egos have no vent hole).

But I never had a problem after glueing them

Edited on 8/14/2013 at 5:13 PM. Reason:
https://i.imgur.com/OSS6yni.jpg
#8 (permalink)      8/14/2013 5:11:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KarenKarma
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 970
  • Reviews 73
  • Kudos548
I was actually expecting a lot more people to tell me to just fix it myself like they did with atomizers...
#9 (permalink)      8/14/2013 5:17:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 31798
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos62845
+2 details
uhh ok FIX IT LOL

I edited my post above dont know if you saw
https://i.imgur.com/OSS6yni.jpg
#10 (permalink)      8/14/2013 5:17:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
akimbonoob
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 303
  • Reviews 70
  • Kudos160
+1 details
TBH i wouldn't sell faulty items to a customer knowing i tried to botch job them back together to make a quick sale. If something happened to a battery and it came back that you tampered with them without warning the customer about the faults first its then on your hands. To be safe don't sell ANY damaged batteries and save yourself the law suits.

Send them back, get your refunds, purchase better quality batteries.
#11 (permalink)      8/14/2013 5:22:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KarenKarma
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 970
  • Reviews 73
  • Kudos548
Once again, I thought that too akimbonoob. Someone was just telling me outside of here how "easy" it is to fix them and make them work right instead of shipping them back blah blah blah. I have been returning every faulty one and am only investing in ones that I have either talked to people here about (in small quantities until I have checked them myself) are high rated and ones I have had good luck with.

I still may want to fix mine if anything like that happens, but I am very gentle with them and never have had that trouble.