shopping cart empty
Some discussion and suggestions on tube mods
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/16/2016 11:50:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hezimind
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 907
  • Reviews 111
  • Kudos327
Some discussion and suggestions on tube mods
So after getting my copper shenray limitless clone i have fallen back in love with tube mods, next time there is a sale i plan on getting one or two more from here but most have limited info on their quality as well as consumer (not youtube reviewers) opinion on their designs .

There are a few i have been interested in for a while now, the SCNDRL 1st edition, hitman tube, rig v2, rogue, X1, Subzero, VCM and pretty much any recently released 24-25mm tube mod. There are alot of different options and some of you probably have a better eye for clones, so im hoping some of you have looked them over and offer some extra insight!
#2 (permalink)      8/18/2016 6:51:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randallwhiz
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1980
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos849
+3 details
hezimind wrote:

So after getting my copper shenray limitless clone i have fallen back in love with tube mods, next time there is a sale i plan on getting one or two more from here but most have limited info on their quality as well as consumer (not youtube reviewers) opinion on their designs .There are a few i have been interested in for a while now, the SCNDRL 1st edition, hitman tube, rig v2, rogue, X1, Subzero, VCM and pretty much any recently released 24-25mm tube mod. There are alot of different options and some of you probably have a better eye for clones, so im hoping some of you have looked them over and offer some extra insight!

My insight is that you posted this in the tablet section for some odd reason.

#3 (permalink)      8/30/2016 10:52:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ckejjOmega
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 1547
  • Reviews 265
  • Kudos6238
+2 details
You take the risk with clones even clones made by the same manufacturer differ slightly a lot of the time, people will tell you so and so make the best clones and you buy one and it's a load of shite, then you buy the cheapest of the cheap and it's really good so you just have to read the reviews maybe do some research on the authentic, pay your money and keep your fingers crossed it's a good one. Most mechs are basically a metal tube with a switch they're all pretty similar, buy one you like the design of that gets good reviews and you should be good.

I might add a lot of them you have to fuck about with them to get them to work efficiently, like for example if you wanna use 24 attys like the Kennedy or Goon and you get a Scndrl or a Rig v2 you may have to do some shenanigans to get them to fit on there. Or some come with janky dirty threads that need a good cleaning, minor annoyances like crappy springs or weak magnets/too strong magnets. Most need a service before you even start to use them. I have a copper Shenray Limitless and that is a really good one that was pretty much good to go straight away, don't expect many of them to be that good quality cos they're not.

Edited on 8/30/2016 at 11:15 AM. Reason:
#4 (permalink)      9/3/2016 11:33:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kavon
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 2315
  • Reviews 291
  • Kudos510
The new limitless mod with RDTA looks good
With the copper internal sleeve .
I love the AR mod and Drednaut kit.
There's lots of useful help here
If you want to mod your mod,
You know ,...like swapping springs for magnets.
#5 (permalink)      9/3/2016 11:38:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lucifer_Dreams
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 7611
  • Reviews 96
  • Kudos8376
Randallwhiz wrote:

hezimind wrote:
So after getting my copper shenray limitless clone i have fallen back in love with tube mods, next time there is a sale i plan on getting one or two more from here but most have limited info on their quality as well as consumer (not youtube reviewers) opinion on their designs .There are a few i have been interested in for a while now, the SCNDRL 1st edition, hitman tube, rig v2, rogue, X1, Subzero, VCM and pretty much any recently released 24-25mm tube mod. There are alot of different options and some of you probably have a better eye for clones, so im hoping some of you have looked them over and offer some extra insight!

My insight is that you posted this in the tablet section for some odd reason.

He is looking for a Tube Tablet that vapors like a Mechanical Mod.

Never play with matches. You might burn the skin off your face.
#6 (permalink)      9/3/2016 12:10:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gainn
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 1068
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos696
I'd avoid the hitman and the subzero clones..
Not all of them have been shit, but a large enough amount to make it a risk.

It's hard to go wrong with things like the VCM (the VCM 2 however has some very bad clones out), X1, rogue, and most SCNDRL's have been very useable if not PRFCT.. For example, a lot of the SS ones have nasty tolerances and suffer with hot buttons, but most ally, copper and brass ones seem fine.
Not bought a rig, so can't say about those.

Latest thing to grab my attention is the Mad Dog Mods 'competition' thingy. Looks interesting and I'm willing to risk it not being perfect as it should be easy to sort out.

You don't mention it but I've yet to get a bad Able clone because it's just so hard to screw it up with all the adjustment built into the design. The 'Wingman' ones do have some terrible reviews so I'd avoid those.
<<{[^.^]}>>Every Cloud Has A Custard Lining<<{[^.^]}>>
#7 (permalink)      9/14/2016 10:57:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VapingSkies
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 13
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos0
Have anyone tried the stacked Av able tubes? I'm interested in one
#8 (permalink)      9/14/2016 11:09:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
foxey
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 3812
  • Reviews 87
  • Kudos2988
Chi you

Check out the massive reviews list .
These are my prized tube mods ,
Rock solid and classy
I told you so !free at last
#9 (permalink)      10/28/2016 6:17:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
4C2O_
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 1894
  • Reviews 59
  • Kudos2877
I fall in love with centipede's design SKU 2037706. Mine are not here yet, so I can't talk first hand, but it has SMPL qualities and anyone that tried them had only good things to say.

It may say "style" but it's an authentic and unique mod you may like to consider

Edited on 10/28/2016 at 1:51 PM. Reason: