shopping cart empty
Where you get your charger?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/13/2016 11:00:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazymorulz
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos15
Where you get your charger?
Picked up an LG G PAD for 50$ woo! Charger fried a Galaxy Tab3 again. I have a history.
Point me in the right direction thanks.
Stealthy Kanger SUBVOD & eGo AIO.
#2 (permalink)      3/18/2016 2:14:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pocariboy
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 1952
  • Reviews 323
  • Kudos655
Go to your local electronics store in person with your tablet in hand. Get the best advice. If it gets fried, then it's their fault.

Edited on 3/18/2016 at 2:15 AM. Reason:
#3 (permalink)      4/10/2016 11:47:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
WelshKingJohn
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 354
  • Reviews 137
  • Kudos81
+1 details
First, look at your instructions, it will tell you exactly what charger is needed, I did a quick search and found the LG G PAD 8.1 needs a 5V / 2000mA (2A)

Once you have established you need a 2A charger, see if you can buy one on FastTech, perhaps a little higher.. 2.1A 2.4A? but its very important that you pick an intelligent battery charger, NOT a power supply.

Intelligent chargers have a lot of protection, they also check what your device needs.

DO NOT BUY A STANDARD POWER SUPPLY

Now, try and find a Brand name, for Example look for a Samsung 2.0 or 2.1 intelligent battery charger, they are good makes, the latest Samsung is much taller than the older model

DO not visit a local shop that has no knowledge on good quality chargers, and will sell you anything around 2.0Amp and tell you how good it is !

Stick with FastTech, they sell good quality chargers, good prices, and reliable !

SKU 3415600 is an example of the 2A 5V (UK plug) pick your own countries plug. This is a 2.1 intelligent charger

SKU 3415400 This is the latest taller version, these are mostly clones, but are just as good as the Original Samsung (Made anywhere these days)

I also found this
The slim LG G Pad 8.3 comes in an equally compact box featuring the standard accessories. The charger has an output of 1.8A which makes all the right difference compared to the 1A run-of-the-mill chargers and keeps the charging times of the large battery reasonable.

And so the Samsung 2.0A would be fine, run cool !

BTW, I use SKU 3415400 on my Samsung Galaxy TAB 4 for the last 15 months :) LG chargers would be the same.

Edited on 4/10/2016 at 12:01 PM. Reason:
Kanger Subox Mini 50W, SMY Touch Box 100W , Vamo V5 15W, Coolfire 1, Eleaf 60W TC, Home brew e-liquid, Electrical, Mechanical Engineer.
#4 (permalink)      4/10/2016 11:54:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18276
Try Orico super chargers. Not cheap, but they'd trickle charge a Victoria class diesel electric submarine in an hour.....OK, probably not, but they're really good. Mine charges seven devices at 2.4A simultaneously, and can be had here for about forty bucks. I've been using one for about a year, and have never had the slightest issue with it over or under charging anything.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0