shopping cart empty
Why only 6months warranty
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      2/19/2016 1:37:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Pafapaf
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 13895
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos21951
+3 details
menos wrote:

If the manufacturer provides 12 months warranty, why cut it down at 6months?

They don't. Fucking learn to read. No other shops will allow you to send back the product to them free of charge up to 6 months after shipment. You usually have to deal directly with the manufacturer. What FT is doing is handling it for you. After 6 months you still have 6 months of manufacturer warranty.

Edited on 2/19/2016 at 1:38 PM. Reason:
#22 (permalink)      2/19/2016 2:50:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ZiggieAG
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 260
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos98
What the hell is wrong with you????
Unbelievable. Buy at Amazon and sleep tight
#23 (permalink)      2/19/2016 3:47:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
menos
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 16
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
Pafapaf wrote:

menos wrote:If the manufacturer provides 12 months warranty, why cut it down at 6months?They don't. Fucking learn to read. No other shops will allow you to send back the product to them free of charge up to 6 months after shipment. You usually have to deal directly with the manufacturer. What FT is doing is handling it for you. After 6 months you still have 6 months of manufacturer warranty.

So you finally got round to reading the text, after previously arguing that if you get a product-failure after six months it is rather a case of bad product-choice on the part of the user?

You ARE making progress, well done.

But you still need to make a lot of progress in both Reading & Comprehension...

I am quoting:

"Unless otherwise noted on the product page, product warranty is 6 months counted from the date of initial shipment of order"

So FastTech is unilaterally cutting down the maximum product warranty to 6 months and says "from date of shipment", NOT RECEIPT, which cuts it down more to 5 months for the Buyer in practice.

and here is a product link for a tablet, no exclusion is made, despite the fact that the manufacturer offers 12 months warranty
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10019434/4140701-authentic-teclast-x98-plus-9-7-ips-quad-core

Read that a second time before you compulsively start typing again, mediate action by intellect a little bit.

The text you linked to, which I have read repeatedly, implies that after 6months any repair could be done at further expense, whilst most manufacturers of tablets offer "free warranty/repair" up to 12 months.

I hope one can grasp the difference between
- free repair up to X months,
- non-free service/repair after X months, i.e. out of warranty

That same sentence could in fact be replicated for what happens AFTER 12 months, i.e. after the expiry of the warranty (e.g.
- you can send it back,
- we will forward it to the manufacturer,
- you pay whatever cost )

...in fact, that is what FastTech says it will do before the warranty expires.

Do you still have doubts? Read that page again...go on now...

What FastTech is effectively doing is
- Abusively limiting warranty to 6 months for all items
- Extricating itself pretty much out of the picture after 6 months (as if it has no obligation towards the buyer)
- not making any mention of what the manufacturers warranty period is
- neither of what it covers under the warranty period.
- and finally implies further fees will be due.

I cannot but deduce from that, that it wants to make money out of the items still covered by warranty...if it didn't want to do that, Why limit the warranty to 6 months?

...can't get no answer on that...

Edited on 2/19/2016 at 3:49 PM. Reason:
#24 (permalink)      2/19/2016 3:51:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MetisRebel
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 5359
  • Reviews 71
  • Kudos6391
Meno, are you in the UK? Because they have stronger consumer protection laws than in some other places.
For The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terriers...
#25 (permalink)      2/19/2016 4:01:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Pafapaf
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 13895
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos21951
+1 details
Holy shit he's retarded
#26 (permalink)      2/19/2016 4:04:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
menos
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 16
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
No, not in the UK...even if I was, since "fasttech" is not operating in the UK, it doesn't matter, does it?And this is not common practice for all Chinese e-shops, to limit warranty to 6 months, so the fact that the Seller is based in Asia is not a explanation or justification either.

But still there is such a thing as manufacturer's warranty and in tablets it usually is 12 months (would be 24months if officially represented in the EU), but FastTech says, the Buyer gets only get 6 months and implies fees for service fulfilment.

Now, the manufacturer may be handling actual service, but in china too it is the Seller that is responsible to the Buyer and it is the date of sale that pretty much determines the start of the warranty (not date of manufacture)...if you didn't get it directly from the manufacturer, you seek warranty from the Seller.

Why is FastTech limiting warranty to half of the official one and tries to extract itself from the situation as simple intermediary?

If it is an honest Store (as I have read mostly good things), why upholding this policy since it only drives customers away?
#27 (permalink)      2/19/2016 4:06:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
menos
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 16
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
Pafapaf wrote:

Holy shit he's retarded

You didn't like the starting sentence of the page you linked to, did you?

That's OK, I will help you practice Reading and Comprehension...here it is once more

"Unless otherwise noted on the product page, product warranty is 6 months counted from the date of initial shipment of order."

Make your peace with it, after you read it and hopefully understand it.

#28 (permalink)      2/19/2016 4:11:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jeggedda
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5231
  • Reviews 222
  • Kudos5987
+1 details
Yup. I hate buying products from FT that are only warranted for 3 months from the manufacturer if I buy it locally, BUT FT covers it for 6 months. And then the fookers reimburse me for shipping a bad product back if the item is DOA, or dies within a certain amount of time, and then also don't have the balls to charge me shipping for the replacement.

And don't get me started with the warranty starting from the time it LEAVES THEIR POSSESSION!.....I think they should not charge me for my items until they are IN MY HAND!

That really chaps my hide...

Fook FT!

:)

Edited on 2/19/2016 at 4:13 PM. Reason:
" The next time you have a thought... let it go. " - Ron White
#29 (permalink)      2/19/2016 4:13:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Pafapaf
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 13895
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos21951
+1 details

"Unless otherwise noted on the product page, product warranty is 6 months counted from the date of initial shipment of order."

Fasttech's warranty, dumbfuck. Means they'll handle it themselves for 6 months, no other shops do that. After 6 months you just deal with the manufacturer directly. Now get out.

#30 (permalink)      2/19/2016 4:14:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vostock
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 19250
  • Reviews 361
  • Kudos21739
Yup. I hate buying products from FT that are only warranted for 3 months from the manufacturer if I buy it locally, BUT FT covers it for 6 months. And then the fookers reimburse me for shipping a bad product back if the item is DOA, or dies within a certain amount of time, and then also don't have the balls to charge me shipping for the replacement.

That really chaps my hide...

Fook FT!

SECONDED - worra bunch ov bastidz huh?
#31 (permalink)      2/19/2016 4:19:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Pafapaf
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 13895
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos21951
+1 details

and here is a product link for a tablet, no exclusion is made, despite the fact that the manufacturer offers 12 months warranty

As I said, dumbfucks buy the worst products then complain about warranty. Here's what the manufacturer has to say about their warranty:

"Any alterations such as upgrades or flashing a newer version will void the warranty."

Enjoy your overpriced malware-ridden Chinese tablet, idiot.