shopping cart empty
Why only 6months warranty
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools Rate This Thread


Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      2/19/2016 7:33:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
r3p3nt
Member
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 4549
  • Reviews 179
  • Kudos9478
+1 details
menos wrote:

I would rather wait for a FastTech employee to respond, since it is obvious no mode of honest dialogue can occur with you two.


If you didn't want input from members here you shouldn't have asked for it.

menos wrote:

Hey everybody.


Edited on 2/19/2016 at 7:34 AM. Reason:
#12 (permalink)      2/19/2016 7:34:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
menos
Member
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 16
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
+1 details
Pafapaf wrote:

Hell, it took me 7 days to find the courage to place an orderCourage? Wtf is wrong with you. In 7 days you didn't take 10min to read this forum and find out most people here have been buying from FT for years without any warranty problems. Such extreme worrying worries me.



In the forums I don't actually see a lot of "movement" on electronics items, rather on other items I can't really tell what they are for.

After 3 years of buying from China
- I don't regard as significant opinions from people who have not had to use the warranty. This only tells me if the products are fraudulent or not...that's not the case with this e-shop, for sure.
- I only regard as worthy EXPERIENCES FROM WARRANTY USE, because the warranty policy could be very privileged for buyers in letter, but actually a company may not adhere to it.

For people who don't shit money out and have had to save for 4 months to amass 200-250 euros for a tablet purchase, where to spend this money is something worth cautious regard.

Keep trolling Pafapaf...

#13 (permalink)      2/19/2016 7:37:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
menos
Member
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 16
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
+1 details
r3p3nt wrote:

menos wrote:
I would rather wait for a FastTech employee to respond, since it is obvious no mode of honest dialogue can occur with you two.
If ou didn't want input from members here you shouldn't have asked for it.

menos wrote:
Hey everybody.



Well, I made the statement regarding "official" reply, only after forum members here displayed a strong consumer "patriotism" instead of trying to provide
- any rationalized explanation concerning the warranty policy-choice (that cuts down 12month manufacturer warranty)
- or even experiences from warranty use, especially after the 6month period (expenses, delays etc)

So not much to expect here from "common" forum members.


Edited on 2/19/2016 at 7:39 AM. Reason:
#14 (permalink)      2/19/2016 7:43:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Pafapaf
Member
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 13895
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos21951
+4 details

200-250 euros for a tablet purchase

You're planning to spend 200-250€ for a malware ridden Chinese tablet from here and warranty is your concern?

#15 (permalink)      2/19/2016 7:51:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
menos
Member
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 16
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
Pafapaf wrote:

200-250 euros for a tablet purchaseYou're planning to spend 200-250€ for a malware ridden Chinese tablet from here and warranty is your concern?



I have purchased and used 3 tablets so far, 1 with Android and 2 with Windows...haven't had any issues with malware in any of them.

Sometimes (not my experience),
- Sellers may install a cracked windows version because there are licensing issues with some tablets (e.g. Windows versions only licenced with Chinese! ) or the Manufacturer may do silly choices, like installing a 32.bit OS on tablets that support 64bit and with RAM that the 32bit OS cannot recognize.
- Manufacturers may use lots of "bloatware", but that is not really something that differentiates between renown and not renown electronics manufacturers.
...in fact many Chinese Manufacturers ship "vanilla" Android, bloat-free, or provide an Android version that is rigorously tested by the community and malware and such cannot make it through.

But you are just still trolling, trying to find something "challenging" to say, but you keep offending your intelligence yourself in my opinion....some people have too much free time...

#16 (permalink)      2/19/2016 7:54:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Pafapaf
Member
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 13895
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos21951
+1 details
Here's an answer from staff on what not to buy from here.
#17 (permalink)      2/19/2016 7:57:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Vapor
Member
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26076
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos20920
+1 details
Because FastTech actually honor the warranty. Good luck with the other shops. They will send canned answers until you are past the one year warranty.

Edited on 2/19/2016 at 8:02 AM. Reason:
We’re paying congress millions to do nothing. We’re paying Trump nothing to do everything.
#18 (permalink)      2/19/2016 8:12:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
martinc
Member
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 6925
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos3919
Geez,most of my items gets replaced (by me) by something new before the 6 months mark :)

But admittedly,I tend to order better and better stuff so some might end up in use until their demise...

TO THE FORUUUUUMS \o/
non nobis, Domine, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
#19 (permalink)      2/19/2016 1:21:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
menos
Member
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 16
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
Vapor wrote:

Because FastTech actually honor the warranty. Good luck with the other shops. They will send canned answers until you are past the one year warranty.



That could be the case, sure. I wrote it emphatically above that even if some Store has privileged warranty terms, they may not adhere to them...that's why the only useful opinions to me are the ones from people who have needed the warranty, and not people who dont "care".

But now that Paypal has the 180day window open for dispute, I wouldn't worry much with most sellers...it's what happens beyond the "forced" warranty period that separates dependable stores from unreliable ones.

Thankfully, I have been serviced fine by most other shops, without turning to Paypal Dispute. So honoring the warranty is not something that is unique to FastTech, but I am happy that you say they do.

I've only needed service within the 3 month period, but I know others who have had tablets repaired after 10 months of usage by some stores...
it's already taxing to have to wait for a product to make its round through China and back (full 2months) so taking on more expenses when there is a warranty by the manufacturer at place is worthy of consideration.


But that still doesn't answer my question.

If the manufacturer provides 12 months warranty, why cut it down at 6months?
Why not provided a differential warranty, based on what the manufacturer offers? (e.g. 1 year for tablets / smartphones, 3 months for some accessory etc).

Again, the reason I am asking, is because I would have completed my order (would not have cancelled my order and would probably have submitted a second one) IF the terms were the same, i.e. if the only distinguishing factor was the Store, I would gladly give up on my more usual e-shops and give FastTech a try, even if it is an unknown factor to me.

So the diminished warranty I feel is counter-productive, and I am asking "why do this"?


Edited on 2/19/2016 at 1:22 PM. Reason:
#20 (permalink)      2/19/2016 1:26:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
menos
Member
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 16
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
martinc wrote:

Geez,most of my items gets replaced (by me) by something new before the 6 months mark :)

But admittedly,I tend to order better and better stuff so some might end up in use until their demise...

TO THE FORUUUUUMS \o/



I do kinda the same...I shop usually during mid-November and I sell my previous tablet somewhere around August and October, when there may not be so many deals, cutting down the price of the reselling.

But still, having to bear a significant cost at say 7 months is quite nerve-wracking...

More people get over their anxiety with buying from China, so the warranty now becomes more important.

#21 (permalink)      2/19/2016 1:37:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Pafapaf
Member
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 13895
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos21951
+3 details
menos wrote:

If the manufacturer provides 12 months warranty, why cut it down at 6months?

They don't. Fucking learn to read. No other shops will allow you to send back the product to them free of charge up to 6 months after shipment. You usually have to deal directly with the manufacturer. What FT is doing is handling it for you. After 6 months you still have 6 months of manufacturer warranty.


Edited on 2/19/2016 at 1:38 PM. Reason: