[Notice]Increased delivery time due to customs: Spain
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/8/2022 11:22:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lydia
Staff|M|
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 1042
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos372
$0.01 rebate earned+2 details
NoticeIncreased delivery time due to customs: Spain
FastTech routinely monitors shipped packages on customers' behalf to ensure timely deliveries. We have become aware of the following issue:

Alert
Packages sent to Spain are taking significantly longer to clear Spain's customs.

This delay is not specific to FastTech. According to carriers, packages from all senders are affected. In addition, it appears that all shipping methods are affected.

Possible cause
According to carriers, Spain may be changing its customs clearing process, resulting in processing delays.

Recommendations
When possible, please contact Spain customs to voice your concerns regarding the delays of international parcels.

We will continue working with our carriers, monitoring packages, and providing updates until the issue resolves. If you have any questions, please get in touch by creating a service ticket. Our team is always at your disposal.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Lydia

Mod (lydia) edited on 5/13/2022 at 3:55 AM
#2 (permalink)      3/10/2022 3:32:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MarcF
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1011
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos1462
+1 details
Thanks Lydia.....I got pinched by customs lately . Spain is in trouble economically since the two years of lockdown due to the virus. The big business here is tourism and there was a severe lack of that, so I think they are trying to find money everywhere they can in order to put a few pennies in the state coffers.
I asked them to send back my last package last week.....and I see that it hasn't moved yet. They figured they would make money with me, but now they have to spend some to send it back. If they had been reasonable I would have received the items...I was ready to pay up to 5 euros on such a small order, but they were asking 65 euros on a 20 euro purchase.
Let's wait and see...
#3 (permalink)      3/10/2022 6:58:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lydia
Staff|M|
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 1042
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos372
+2 details
Hi MarcF,

Thank you for sharing the information about the customs in Spain. It is unreasonable for the customs to ask you to pay such a high fee for a small package.

We will also keep an eye on your package. If it is returned to us, we will handle it according to our policy.
#4 (permalink)      3/12/2022 9:21:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wahuka
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 143
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos29
I have opened a thread by warning Spanish buyers that they are stopping everything that comes from Fasttech.
I have been paid for customs more than double what cost me what I had bought. Obviously, FastTech tells us that we pay the VAT by making the payment, I always do it, but I see that it is useless, so I have open several tickets claiming fasttech that returns me the money from the rates,
I hope you agree to return what you pay, if you have lost a client and recommend other places to buy and that at the moment is not stopping the customs.
#5 (permalink)      3/13/2022 12:04:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MarcF
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1011
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos1462
Wahuka

Don't worry, Fasttech will resolve your problems. As for spanish customs...I have nothing nice to say.
#6 (permalink)      3/13/2022 5:12:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wahuka
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 143
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos29
MarcF wrote:

Wahuka

Don't worry, Fasttech will resolve your problems. As for spanish customs...I have nothing nice to say.

I hope they will solve it.

#7 (permalink)      3/13/2022 10:20:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lydia
Staff|M|
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 1042
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos372
wahuka wrote:

I have opened a thread by warning Spanish buyers that they are stopping everything that comes from Fasttech.
I have been paid for customs more than double what cost me what I had bought. Obviously, FastTech tells us that we pay the VAT by making the payment, I always do it, but I see that it is useless, so I have open several tickets claiming fasttech that returns me the money from the rates,
I hope you agree to return what you pay, if you have lost a client and recommend other places to buy and that at the moment is not stopping the customs.

wahuka, I am sorry to hear that you have paid the customs again even though you have the VAT pre-paid on our website. Please rest assured that we will refund you the pre-paid taxes on our website in this case. We will reply to your messages sent in tickets in a few minutes. Please check it later.

Based on the date and information we have in hand, we confirmed that packages shipped from other stores are also affected by the customs in Spain, not specific to FastTech. Therefore, the customs issue has nothing with FastTech and FastTech packages are unmarked.

Your understanding will be highly appreciated.

Edited on 3/13/2022 at 10:24 PM. Reason:
#8 (permalink)      3/14/2022 4:46:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wahuka
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 143
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos29
lydia wrote:

wahuka wrote:I have opened a thread by warning Spanish buyers that they are stopping everything that comes from Fasttech.I have been paid for customs more than double what cost me what I had bought. Obviously, FastTech tells us that we pay the VAT by making the payment, I always do it, but I see that it is useless, so I have open several tickets claiming fasttech that returns me the money from the rates,I hope you agree to return what you pay, if you have lost a client and recommend other places to buy and that at the moment is not stopping the customs.wahuka, I am sorry to hear that you have paid the customs again even though you have the VAT pre-paid on our website. Please rest assured that we will refund you the pre-paid taxes on our website in this case. We will reply to your messages sent in tickets in a few minutes. Please check it later. Based on the date and information we have in hand, we confirmed that packages shipped from other stores are also affected by the customs in Spain, not specific to FastTech. Therefore, the customs issue has nothing with FastTech and FastTech packages are unmarked.Your understanding will be highly appreciated.

Thank you Lydia.

#9 (permalink)      3/14/2022 8:20:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lydia
Staff|M|
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 1042
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos372
You are welcome. It is my pleasure and privilege to serve you.

Edited on 3/14/2022 at 8:25 PM. Reason: