My package :(
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      3/5/2021 5:01:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2793
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2247
inatrance1973 wrote:

Annie and one of the other customer service agents told me...

Just because it happened to you doesn't mean everyone with a possible issue is the same...

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#12 (permalink)      3/5/2021 5:03:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2793
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2247
Liberal_Lefty wrote:

Happy shopping!!!

If you've nothing sensible to contribute, bugger off troll!

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#13 (permalink)      3/5/2021 5:29:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inatrance1973
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2018
  • Posts 123
  • Reviews 102
  • Kudos68
analogueman wrote:

inatrance1973 wrote:
Just because it happened to you doesn't mean everyone with a possible issue is the same...

No, but from what I've read on here for months it seems there are others with the exact same issue, packages that have never left China, failing airport security checks over and over

#14 (permalink)      3/5/2021 7:10:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OneBadwolf
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 4171
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4419
analogueman wrote:

inatrance1973 wrote:

You are correct. I cannot fault your logic. There are not enough data points to determine what is causing the problem. I don't believe that anybody is suggesting that Fasttech is the root cause of the problem. And even if they somehow were, that it was a deliberate business decision, or intentional act. I'm certainly not, and I've not read anybody else suggesting it either.

You have been here longer than I, as a participating member of this forum, but I regularly read the posts here, long before I became a member, and while I have not bothered to check if it was before your time or not, you may or may not recall that there once was a problem, with tracking, and items not leaving China, due to a sordid matter of a love triangle involving a shipper, 2 Fasttech staff, and a backlog of parcels, for which fictitious tracking numbers, duplicates or possibly both ( I don't recall all the specifics) were being provided to customers, because the shipper was having a difficult time fitting his job into his busy schedule, and a now former staff member, ( Lydia perhaps?) was covering for him. One of the reasons I did not become a customer at that time. Soap opera stuff. So outlandish, it would have been rejected as a script on a sitcom. My point here, is shit happens.

Just because you are not currently affected by whatever affliction shipping is currently experiencing, does not mean that the complaints are baseless. Logic. It reminds me of the old joke of what to call a gun control advocate who has been mugged. An NRA member. I certainly am not confabulating what has been occurring with my orders, and while staff acknowledges the existence of my specific woes in another thread here, they are described as curious anomalies, even though in that same thread other members have posted that they are experiencing the same issue.

Denial, it would seem, is more than just a river in Africa. I believe that Fasttech's apparent acceptance of, and less than aggressive efforts in resolving these matters is the root cause of the OP's frustration. I certainly feel frustrated. If I spoke the language, I personally would be calling Liao Jieyan at 13316666791, demanding answers. Even though, strictly speaking, I am not his customer. Fasttech is. The lack of any meaningful result, and failure to exercise an obvious duty of care towards their customers by providing timely explanations from the people Fasttech pays, on our behalf, when combined with consistently dismissing, diminishing, and denying real problems, is bound to frustrate people. Whether the root cause is Fasttech's or not, isn't the relevant issue. Given the choice of demanding that a paid service provider, fulfill their obligations, or requesting that their own customers remain indefinitely patient, thereby providing the shipping agent with no incentive whatsoever to amend their practices, is also frustrating.

Edited on 3/5/2021 at 7:11 PM. Reason:
Vi veri universum vivus vici. Insictus oportet nocere Proud member of the Sea Parks Fire Department
#15 (permalink)      3/5/2021 7:10:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OneBadwolf
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 4171
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4419
If I had to guess the root problem, I would go with what the problem usually is, 99 out of 100 times. Money. Money, and greed to be specific. Shipping, can be ridiculously cheap. Provided you are willing to wait until the item can be crammed into a space that otherwise would be empty. By contrast, priority shipping items, in the most expedient method possible, is usually prohibitively expensive. This is pure conjecture on my part, but it seems a possibility, that a shipper, who entered into a contract with a company, to provide shipping of goods to their customers, would substantially benefit if they were able to ensure a percentage of the company's cargo, was not prioritized equally. They accept the full rate as specified in the contract, but deliver a degraded service. The next question is, why would a shipper not expect that the company that hired them, wouldn't switch to another company? Well, perhaps they share the profit. As long as the company is able to calm their customers, tell them to be patient, and keep the lid on things, all is well. And chances are, if the delay occurs only one out of ten times, the customer will not get too upset, and focus on their next nine orders.

Am I saying this is what is happening here? Of course not. I'd need specifics. And other data to compare it to. The fact that other companys in China that I deal with are not experiencing these issues, and manage to ship to my door in less time than Fasttech takes to answer a service ticket, might be nothing more than pure coincidence.

It's true that the fastest horse does not always win the race. It's also true though, that that's how the bets are placed.

Edited on 3/5/2021 at 7:32 PM. Reason:
Vi veri universum vivus vici. Insictus oportet nocere Proud member of the Sea Parks Fire Department
#16 (permalink)      3/5/2021 8:56:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12824
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19550
OneBadwolf wrote:

Am I saying this is what is happening here?

Unfortunately I forgot to check my last few packages. But one I had from here in or about October came via another company here just outside of Toronto.
It appeared to me that the package was sent to said company, that re-directed it to my address.