[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Same ol' Same ol'
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      6/23/2020 10:10:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16509
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30032
+1 details
Squonk_life wrote:

I don't understand why people seem upset about shipping. It's common sense that there will be a delay. Here what you do add stuff to your cart for a month or two and pay for DHL shipping. Rant over

DHL? Nevar! ... I mean, never again.
Only once used it, years ago, as it was the only option there (from China). I live 120km from the city where DHL orders are dispatched, in the middle of nowhere :) They sent my order with a special van, and in place they charged me 30$ equivalent more for delivery. Probably they conned me but I wasn't left with more choice, return the order or to pay it.

So the same things don't work for everybody :))

#12 (permalink)      6/23/2020 6:52:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
synphul
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2020
  • Posts 22
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos6
cilika wrote:

Squonk_life wrote:
I don't understand why people seem upset about shipping. It's common sense that there will be a delay. Here what you do add stuff to your cart for a month or two and pay for DHL shipping. Rant over
DHL? Nevar! ... I mean, never again.
Only once used it, years ago, as it was the only option there (from China). I live 120km from the city where DHL orders are dispatched, in the middle of nowhere :) They sent my order with a special van, and in place they charged me 30$ equivalent more for delivery. Probably they conned me but I wasn't left with more choice, return the order or to pay it.

So the same things don't work for everybody :))

Not to mention some of us ordered well before the coronas were even declared an international pandemic by the WHO. Guess my crystal ball was out of order. People wobbling on like we all ordered in the middle of a crisis and expected overnight delivery, when some of us ordered clear back in Jan and are still waiting. Tomorrow is the 5mo anniversary of my order. I think I'll plan a nice candlelight dinner to celebrate.

And on the bit about DHL, no joke. It's not always the bulletproof option and no way in hell I'm paying more for shipping than the order. $35 for DHL on a $20 package, not today.