shopping cart empty
What shipping times are you experiencing?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#41 (permalink)      5/16/2020 12:09:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 10331
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5443
The_Masteres wrote:

@Anniepan, is it normal that my order number B051009614 is still at the shipper's wharehouse ?

Hello The_Masteres,

Your order has been shipped out on May 13. The package is waiting at the shipping carrier's warehouse for airplanes to Postnl now, so the tracking information will show "The Item is at the shippers warehouse". The further tracking information will be updated a few days later, the tracking information will be updated like blow:

Thank you.

#42 (permalink)      5/16/2020 5:56:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hwrds
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 40
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos20
@Anniepan can you please have my order B051514301 changed to ship via PostNL as this seems to be the only method arriving in a reasonable time, I already have 3 orders on route via NL and they are arriving inside 4 weeks all others are taking 2 months +.
Thank you.
#43 (permalink)      5/16/2020 6:02:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 421
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos130
hwrds wrote:

@Anniepan can you please have my order B051514301 changed to ship via PostNL as this seems to be the only method arriving in a reasonable time, I already have 3 orders on route via NL and they are arriving inside 4 weeks all others are taking 2 months +.
Thank you.

Thank you. I thought the shipper's wharehouse was actually your wharehouse, cause you are the "shipper" ...

#44 (permalink)      5/16/2020 7:08:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JTL_1976
  • JoinedMar 2019
  • Posts 35
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos13
+1 details
Due to COVID-19, I've been off of work for two months now, and under stay at home orders. I spend my time surfing the net for good deals and the only thing I have to look forward to is getting my packages in the mail.

I've had one package from another retailer get lost and was refunded, so I ordered the main item from FT. Had to pay the extra buck and change since there was a built in battery mod in the order, and it got here in less than a week with USPS Expedited for Battery Products. I suspect the other seller tried to

I got one package from that other seller, and now another package took a month to go from "has been exported directly" to... "has been exported directly" lol. "Return, Remarks: Security Inspection Return" was in between those two. Hopefully that is now on its we as it finally got to "Shanghai, airline transportation". I have one more order from that seller waiting for something to be in stock.

I have one package from FT that hasn't seen any movement in over a month, but another that shipped the same day that was here withing two weeks. Yet another was delivered yesterday that only took three weeks total. And just today another package from FT had "Return, Remarks: Security Inspection Return", so went from "has been exported directly" to "has been exported directly" in ten days.

After a three and a half month wait for stock to come in, just this morning FT has another order that finally is "ready to ship". Its going to be an adventure to see if this one shows up in three weeks, or three months, or not at all.

COVID-19 has half of the globe locked down, and also has alot of people that work in shipping sick, so the workforce is diminished. You would think that with most domestic and international travel being at a standstill, people and planes and ships, etc, could be retasked for shipping, but I guess that's a logistical and economical nightmare to deal with, and would put even more people at higher risk of contracting this virus.

Packages all over the world are piling up as people are stuck at home ordering anything and everything they can online, panic and boredom buying, while the shipping industry is working at a diminished capacity. Its not really a big surprise that things are sitting around for a long time waiting for a ride, or being turned away and sent back for a variety of reasons, some falling into cracks and a few floating in the ocean lol, and it sucks for those of us waiting for our packages.

Just here in the US, the processing of increased orders by vendors is extended because they can't be fully staffed, and ill employees have shipping companies slowed down. They can't afford to hire more people while paying sick leave in the middle of an economic crisis, and if there is an end to this pandemic, they would then be ridiculously overstaffed and have to lay people off. So even ordering domestically and getting something delivered by USPS, FedEx or UPS here in the states is taking 2-5 days longer than normal.

You have to remember that our favorite online vendors where we can find great deals on the gear we want, like FastTech, are just that, only retailers. Yes, they have warehouses, but very little of what they list is sitting in their own warehouse in stock, ready to be packaged and shipped out the same day. These warehouses are more processing and packaging facilities and have high turnover of products. Anything not listed as "in stock" has to first come from either a manufacturer's warehouse, or be made. And factories aren't going to produce a batch of something until there's enough demand for it, i.e., enough orders were placed for it compared to what stock may be sitting around in one of their warehouses.
#45 (permalink)      5/16/2020 7:38:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AvaOrchid
  • JoinedSep 2019
  • Posts 9
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos0
I had something leave China on the 14th of March and it's still not here. I'm fairly certain that I'm not going to be receiving it I understand things take longer right now but someone could swim it to me by now. I'm not even certain if it actually left China I don't understand what I'm looking at on the shipping sites. What I do know is the only Chinese company that seems to be having this problem is FastTech which unfortunately is my favorite of all the Chinese companies but I'm not going to be able to purchase anything else because I don't think I'm going to get my stuff anymore. People around me say that it's only Taken 3 or 4 weeks...here we are at 2 months and there's no movement at all for the entire time. They got it out of FastTech very quickly. It would have been nice had they mentioned that it's going to take a year and a half to get here so I could have just waited I think it shipped out at a particularly bad time and now it's just in the voidz somewhere probably in the bottom of some shipping crate that is never going to leave. I've received things from everzon in a much more timely manner. I get the whole pandemic thing I understand but it doesn't make a lot of sense when something purchased in March is not arriving or moving and yet people in my area who ordered things less than three weeks ago are receiving their products. That means it doesn't take months to get here that something about my package made it take forever. Personally I just want to know at what point is it considered lost
#46 (permalink)      5/16/2020 7:47:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JTL_1976
  • JoinedMar 2019
  • Posts 35
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos13
Spring Festival shuts production down for a month, and COVID-19 has extended that by another couple months. I'd be surprised if manufacturing facilities are even ramped up to 50% of full capacity by now, and a resurgence of the virus could completely shut things down again at any moment.

Even our vendors like FastTech are certainly not fully staffed yet, slowing down the processing of the ton of orders they're getting. They are waiting on stock from factories that aren't producing at full speed while on the verge of going bankrupt, and the shipping industry is a mess. We all have to settle down and be a little patient.

The estimated shipping times are just that, simply estimates when things are running normally, and nothing is normal right now. You really need somebody to go in and update the shipping times for every logistics company they use? That's a great use of their time when they're understaffed and have even higher than normal orders. How about you take a look at the state of the world right now and come up with the conclusion that those estimates should probably be at least double right now?

Even if it costs what could be a lot more, I would try to buy as much as possible domestically. If ordering from halfway around the world, you could pay a little more for different shipping to see if that would expedite delivery of your package. That's probably taking a gamble right now though, as everyone is using everybody else's shipping lines and it might not make any difference, or make things worse as those options get overloaded, which you then paid even more for.

Create a ticket for your order if you have any questions or concerns about your shipment. Don't make Anniepan scour the boards and do it all herself. There are certain timeframes that must be followed, so expect to wait until an investigation can be started, wait even longer until it is concluded, and be patient for the resolution.

It's policy of every company in the world to exhaust all other possibilities before giving money back; reship your order if in stock, exchange, or store credit. Say no, thank you, and ask if you could please have your PayPal refunded, and they will. There's no reason to get nasty with people that are just doing their job. Be polite, and you'll get what you want... with the possibility that another shipment could get lost, lol. But that's also not your vendor's fault. Once in the shipping system, its out of the retailers hands. The only thing they can do is contact the shipping companies on your behalf.

I'd love Anniepan to show up at my door one day with my delivery after packaging it and hopping on a plane, then renting a car and driving to my house... but it ain't gonna happen, hahahaha. The world is crazy right now, but be nice, be patient, and stay safe and healthy :)
#47 (permalink)      5/16/2020 8:37:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JTL_1976
  • JoinedMar 2019
  • Posts 35
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos13
@AvaOrchid

I've put in 6 orders from FT since the new year. 3 have been delivered so far, taking from 2 to 6 weeks. 1 is currently roaming around for a month, lol. 1 shipped the same day as another, lagged 2 days behind the other to get to the airport, and hasn't seen any tracking movement for a month and a half now. I'm pretty sure that one is a lost cause. 1 hit "ready to ship" status today after preordering it three and a half months ago, now the real rollercoaster starts, weeeeeee!

I've put in 4 orders at 3F so far this year. 1 got lost. 1 took a month. 1 has been roaming around for a month and a half. I've been waiting a month and a half for something to get in stock on the last one.

I've put another 2 orders in at 2F this year. Waited a bit for preorder items to come in stock, but haven't had any shipping difficulties there.

Besides some stocking problems, I've always had pretty good experiences with HG and Everzon. Prices are hit and miss, and you'll usually pay for shipping, which can easily eat up any savings and be really high for anything with batteries. I haven't gotten anything from either of those yet this year, but in the past, their shipping has always been very reliable.

Once my place of work shut down, I stocked up on juice, wire, and wick domestically, and also bought more gear at some higher prices from US online vendors because I knew that besides the delay in factories opening and ramping up in China, this pandemic was going to affect shipping worldwide. Within two weeks week as lockdowns spread in the US, order volume was higher and staff was cut down, so processing orders took longer. Many sites started raising their minimums for free shipping, and shipping times were taking longer. There has always been a chance that a package just up and disappears. More orders, less production, less staff, and a disabled shipping companies worldwide seems to have made that chance much higher.

A month and a half is a long time without any tracking updates. If you haven't done so already, create a ticket and ask FT to investigate the shipping of that order. Unfortunately, that process is probably also delayed because retailers and shipping companies who are already understaffed are being inundated with requests because of the problems with shipping. It could take a while, but that's the only way to get a resolution, be it reshipment, exchange, store credit, or PayPal refund.
#48 (permalink)      5/16/2020 8:53:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pewpew
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 2537
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1010
Damn it, attempt #3

2020-05-16 09:25
China, CNCGOD, Export of international mail

2020-05-11 09:44

2020-04-30 23:19

The answer to 1984 is 1973 § Panasonic or Samsung - that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer.
#49 (permalink)      5/16/2020 9:14:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TRock
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
B041475036 please check my order.. i'm getting two different things here.. i go to check and manage orders and its says it shipped but once i click on the tracking number it says its in pre shipment.. so which is it has my order been shipped or not.. it's been in shipped - pre shipment since the 14th of last month with no updates

Edited on 5/16/2020 at 9:14 AM. Reason:
#50 (permalink)      5/16/2020 9:37:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JTL_1976
  • JoinedMar 2019
  • Posts 35
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos13
pewpew wrote:

Damn it, attempt #3

2020-05-16 09:25

2020-05-11 09:44

2020-04-30 23:19

Does it keep getting returned due to "Security Inspection"?

A FT order:

2020-05-16 09:51
Zhengzhou City, [Zhengzhou International Processing Center] has been exported directly

2020-05-16 09:51
Zhengzhou, 【Zhengzhou International Processing Center】 Return, Remarks: Security Inspection

2020-05-06 21:49
Zhengzhou City, [Zhengzhou International Processing Center] has been exported directly

A 3F order (at least this one seems to have gone through on the second attempt and made it to Shanghai):

2020-05-12 04:55
Shanghai, airline transportation

2020-05-02 17:47

2020-05-02 17:47
Zhengzhou, 【Zhengzhou International Processing Center】 Return, Remarks: Security Inspection

2020-04-10 02:58

#51 (permalink)      5/16/2020 9:43:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JTL_1976
  • JoinedMar 2019
  • Posts 35
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos13
@TRock

When I click on the tracking link on my order page, it takes me to USPS, so yes, its going to be in pre-shipment until its accepted into the US through customs. Copy your tracking number and paste it into 17track.net to see what's going on with your packing in China. If you use Chrome, google will translate the page for you.