UK Shipping
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#81 (permalink)      6/14/2020 6:56:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+2 details
analogueman wrote:

Damn.

Quite possibly one of two reasons. Customs at Langley are currently struggling with far fewer staff etc to process outbound packages. Or, with fewer flights out of the UK right now, it's simply stuck in a queue of stuff awaiting the next available aircraft.

It certainly demonstrates that the bottlenecks in the Far East are far from unique.

It arrived on Friday. So only two weeks shipping. Perfect.

#82 (permalink)      6/14/2020 9:06:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2977
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2419
+1 details
djvillan wrote:

It arrived on Friday. So only two weeks shipping. Perfect.

Sorted! 👍

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#83 (permalink)      6/16/2020 12:05:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
GB1972
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2017
  • Posts 10
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
This just proves a point. My order from here still not moved in nearly 3 months. My order from .... dispatched on 11 June is in the UK and will be here by the end of the week. Sorry Fasttech, the excuses are just not adding up now. Hopefully PayPal will sort this out shortly

Mod (Anniepan) edited on 7/20/2020 at 4:04 AM. Reason: Advertisement
#84 (permalink)      6/16/2020 3:32:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Danny55
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 51
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos4
GB1972 wrote:

This just proves a point. My order from here still not moved in nearly 3 months. My order from .... dispatched on 11 June is in the UK and will be here by the end of the week. Sorry Fasttech, the excuses are just not adding up now. Hopefully PayPal will sort this out shortly

I never heard of ..., had to google it. But I noticed shocking reviews for it on trustpilot, so you must have gotten lucky. :)

#85 (permalink)      6/16/2020 4:24:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Johnnyace
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 316
  • Reviews 106
  • Kudos150

I've used them loads & they're sound. They have a UK warehouse so probably why some orders get through so quick from them

#86 (permalink)      7/18/2020 6:52:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2977
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2419
Okay. So another two packages arrived this morning.

One, via NLPost took two and a half weeks to get here. The other, via Singapore Post took two and a half months!

Gordon Bennett... LOL!! :-D
#87 (permalink)      7/19/2020 3:54:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
daveinleics
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
Wonders and marvels I finally received my juice order!
Ordered 13/4, despatched from Urumqi City 15/5, arrived Langley 17/7 and with me yesterday 18/7
Surface shipping used to mean by ship but I guess this came by train - although tracking said by air.
Altogether about one month in China and about two months in transit.
#88 (permalink)      7/19/2020 8:38:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2977
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2419
daveinleics wrote:

Wonders and marvels I finally received my juice order!

Ordered 13/4, despatched from Urumqi City 15/5, arrived Langley 17/7 and with me yesterday 18/7

Surface shipping used to mean by ship but I guess this came by train - although tracking said by air.

I'm absolutely convinced now that pretty much everything that's taking months in transit is coming by rail or sea. It makes sense, that if three thousand tonnes of backlogged packages in China marked for airmail can't be shipped that way owing to the current lack of aircraft flying, they use what is still working. Trouble is, it extends the shipping time from a fortnight to three months or more. It also explains why one's tracking info suddenly stops after a month. Understandable if the parcel is ten weeks at sea in a shipping container!

BTW, surface shipping can mean road, rail or sea. It's often the only option available when ordering something prohibited by airmail. :-)

#89 (permalink)      7/19/2020 11:16:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
fluffle
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2020
  • Posts 27
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos10
+1 details

I'm absolutely convinced now that pretty much everything that's taking months in transit is coming by ... sea.

I wonder if that would explain why my tracking inexplicably updated yesterday after not updating since May 14th in any way. I'd think if it came via plane, wouldn't they land in a coastal city and it'd go through customs, there? Originally, tracking said they gave my package to an airline and then nothing for 2+ months. But yesterday's update says Chicago? *confuzzled*

#90 (permalink)      7/19/2020 3:04:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2977
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2419
fluffle wrote:

I wonder if that would explain why my tracking inexplicably updated yesterday after not updating since May 14th in any way.

Shipped via the slow route by sea would explain that yes. And indeed, I reckon that's also what's happening to quite a lot of other people waiting on packages here too.

fluffle wrote:

I'd think if it came via plane, wouldn't they land in a coastal city and it'd go through customs, there?

I would have thought so, yes.

fluffle wrote:

Originally, tracking said they gave my package to an airline and then nothing for 2+ months. But yesterday's update says Chicago?

I think the tracking simply reflects how these packages should have been transported. But in reality, with a shortage of aircraft flying and a mounting backlog of items, they've just been redirected to those shipping methods still working.

#91 (permalink)      7/24/2020 6:44:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2977
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2419
Another 'lost sheep' arrived this morning. One of my China Post Air Mail try-outs when the entire global shipping seemed to be plummeting into meltdown.

I say China Post, but worth mentioning that it was automatically altered by FT after packing to Kazakhstan Post.

Two months to the day and it finally arrived. This one almost certainly took the overland route via rail (unless they're now employing Tiger Moths to air freight!)