Shipment Stuck for one month
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      12/20/2017 12:45:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
packetstorm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
+1 details
Shipment Stuck for one month
Hi
My shipment was sent on Nov 22, 2017 but its still stuck somewhere in customs at shipping country itself or this is what FT representative says; what should I do as FT will neither refund my amount nor share any more details

Shipment after this order has also arrived. Should I consider my money dead or is there any hope ?

I am not sure if I should be posting tracking number here but still RF498797256SG (singapore post)
#2 (permalink)      12/20/2017 3:11:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dino_Zavr
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 783
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos1620
+2 details
packetstorm, this is the matter you resolve via opening a support ticket.

the 4px.com tracker shows your parcel has been actually sent to India on Dec,01
http://track.4px.com/query/RF498797256SG

Detail
2017-12-01 23:59 HK / Hand over to airline.
2017-12-01 15:06 Shipment information received
2017-12-01 14:44 Depart from facility to service provider.
2017-11-24 10:28 Shipment information received
2017-11-24 09:08 Longhua,Shenzhen,China / Shipment arrived at facility
2017-11-24 09:08 Longhua,Shenzhen,China / Shipment operation completed

Of course, there is hope.
Due to Massive sales customs are overloaded. Just in case: nothing exported to me after Dec,05 has not been spotted in Russia yet, so i guess my parcels are waiting in a long queue to be cleared through customs in Moscow's Vnukovo airport.

Don't worry.
As for FAQ: https://support.fasttech.com/faq/can-a-refund-be-issued-if-a-package-appears-stuck
you may open a support ticket after your parcel 18 days comatose
Still i guess it is not lost, but significantly delayed

Edited on 12/20/2017 at 3:22 AM. Reason:
#3 (permalink)      12/20/2017 3:12:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andre_Here
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 3051
  • Reviews 147
  • Kudos3997
You could edit this title to add "@Anniepan" so the staff can see it faster when they get back online or submit a ticket or even chat online during their business hours!

*Some times the postal service servers do not update their information fast enough for us, plus with the deluge of Holiday sales... one can only imagine!

*Myself, I only worry if it shows "Rejected" or "Returned to Sender"

* Hope this helps a little!

Quoting Andyk (I think he lives in India and couldn't explained it better)

This is how the shipping is done from FT ...

1. Customer places an order.

2. FT packages stuff and waits for their local shipper to pick up packages from their warehouse and carry to SingPost facility (or whichever shipping service you selected).

3. The local shipper may take anywhere from 3 to 5 days to hand over the packages to the main shipper (SingPost, HK Airmail, etc).

4. Until this point, you see the tracking status as "Not a physical receipt of the goods" thingi.

5. When the main shipper gets the package from local shipper, that's when you see status like "Preparing package for shipment (OTB)" or similar stuff.

6. Main shipper carries the package to their home country first as part of their crazy shipping rules. If it is SingPost, they will first carry packages to Singapore. If it is Netherlands Post, they will first take the packages on a trip to Netherlands.

7. The package finally hits the port of entry in India. Different shipping companies have different ports of entry.

8. Then the package is handled by IndiaPost. They carry the package to the customs office that deals with your state.

9. If you are lucky enough, the package doesn't get flagged. It will move pretty fast and you might just see a couple of status messages within one or two days .. "Taking to customs" and "Received back from customs".

10. If you are not lucky enough, your package may get flagged. Then you will see the tracking status "Waiting presentation to Customs Commissioner" with status "Retention: Other" or something funny like that.

11. Customs may take 3 days to 30 days or longer, nobody can give a definitive date or time when they will release the package. All depends on how harsh the itch is in customs officer's arse. They might rub the package really hard for days in their ass to relieve the itch :)

12. Once it says back from customs, you have a reason to cheer up. It means, the customs officer's itch is relieved and your package is handed back to IndiaPost.

13. IndiaPost sorts out everything and sends the package to your local post office.

14. Finally, your postman knocks on your door and hand you over the package. If there's any customs duty, he will ask for it by showing you the customs receipt. You pay the money, take the package. And everyone lives happily thereafter.

The End!

Edited on 12/20/2017 at 3:15 AM. Reason: @
So poor that I'm using paperclips for coils, strips of cotton jeans for wicks and coupons: MAP, BLF, DEALS & Event Discounts! But, I'm feeling much better now! LOL + No one should have 0 Kudos
#4 (permalink)      12/20/2017 4:03:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
packetstorm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
the support ticket was also opened but i was not much response hence thought will ask here as well , hopefully @Anniepan will look into it as its stuck in shipping country itself
#5 (permalink)      12/20/2017 4:19:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
daveds50
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 496
  • Reviews 117
  • Kudos377
i also have two packages that are stuck. one was shipped on Nov 14th, and one was shipped Nov 24th.

it's the Christmas rush. things move slower than usual, and some make it through fast, and some do not. i have had other packages ordered later, that have already been delivered. ( to the USA )

not to worry though, if in case something has been lost or returned, Fasttech will take care of you. it just takes time for the shipping companies to figure out what happened. sometimes up to two months before they let Fasttech know.

i have no problem with Fasttech... however, the shipping companies in China have much to be desired. i sometimes hear people complain about USPS... but they are super efficient compared to China Post.
#6 (permalink)      12/20/2017 5:31:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
solksagen
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2017
  • Posts 1807
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos2642
@daveds50: That's because China Post is very thorough ;-)
"2017-11-26 10:11 Nanjing, opened and dismantled"
Package contains an atty, 2 spare glass tanks, a 180-pack of cotton pads and a few plastic e-liquid bottles. I hope they didn't dismantle the cotton :-D

According to the shipping options list it's amongst the fastest, so I thought let's try China Post for once instead of Post NL.
Shipped November 23, latest action:
2017-12-01 10:06 Delivered by air transport
2017-12-01 09:25 Zhengzhou Processing Center, arrive
300Wartz zero fighting zero spam zero trolls
#7 (permalink)      12/20/2017 5:42:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dino_Zavr
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 783
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos1620
offtopic:

solksagen wrote:

I hope they didn't dismantle the cotton :-D

..in a meanwhile: customs officers are like "Let me see it stripped!"

#8 (permalink)      12/20/2017 10:24:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Squonk_life
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 1311
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos807
I suggest you go through PayPal if they won't give you a refund. I'm in a similar situation, fasttech said could I wait one more week for a refund, which I will. But the reason I want a refund is b/c they changed my shipping option. The package had a battery in it, and they changed it to e packet. This is why I believe the package got lost. Mine hasn't even left China shipped on the 25.
Squonklife
#9 (permalink)      12/20/2017 10:43:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 32103
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos63699
Same issues every year.

Its always slow around the Holidays, starting in November because of all the sales.

People buy a lot of stuff and customs just can't handle all the extra packages this time of year and they also do more package scanning around Holidays.

Be patient, it will get to you. ;)

Edited on 12/20/2017 at 10:45 AM. Reason:
https://i.imgur.com/OSS6yni.jpg
#10 (permalink)      12/20/2017 11:04:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
daveds50
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 496
  • Reviews 117
  • Kudos377
Squonk_life wrote:

I suggest you go through PayPal if they won't give you a refund. I'm in a similar situation, fasttech said could I wait one more week for a refund, which I will. But the reason I want a refund is b/c they changed my shipping option. The package had a battery in it, and they changed it to e packet. This is why I believe the package got lost. Mine hasn't even left China shipped on the 25.

let me guess... you are in the USA, ordered via USPS Expedited for Battery Products, and FT changed it to epacket because the Tonga Post route is no longer available... right ?

that is exactly what happened to my shipment that was shipped Nov 14th.

i am not going to get paypal involved, as i believe it will eventually get returned to Fasttech due to my order having a battery. this particular order is only $45 USD, so i am not worried about it. i have already instructed the staff to refund the order when it gets there. eventually, it will happen... either that, or it will get delivered to me... but i doubt that.

meanwhile, the item that has the battery was ordered elsewhere two weeks ago from a place in the USA, and has already been delivered. until Fasttech sorts out a good way to deliver battery products, i will continue to order from that other place.

#11 (permalink)      12/20/2017 2:07:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
darrow
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 949
  • Reviews 1213
  • Kudos742
+1 details
Happy holidays I have 35 orders from here and other sites ordered on or before Nov. 11 that have not arrived at this time of year it is to be expected the volume of packets coming out of Chine is astronomical, you need to give them time.
Yes I know better, I am Just too old to care!