Gift cards for customers with orders affected by Malaysia post's surface mail change
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/17/2014 12:40:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sufie
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 6376
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos6032
+29 details
Gift cards for customers with orders affected by Malaysia post's surface mail change
Dear valued customers,

As many of you are aware of, Malaysia post changed some of FastTech's shipped packages from registered airmail to registered surface mail, without notifying us in advance and requesting for our (and customer's) consent.

We apologize for this unfortunate decision that Malaysia Post did. FastTech is both upset by the single sided change and disappointed in the way our shipping partners have followed up on the matter.

As a way to apologize to our customers, affected customers* will receive a credit that is equivalent to 20% of their order amount, with a maximum limit of $50.00 credit per order. These credits (in the form of gift cards) will be issued mid-August and entitled customers will see the credit in their FastTech account > gift certificates, as well as an e-mail notifying them about this.

*As Malaysia Post's tracking site in most cases do not display a package's surface vs airmail status, Malaysia Post is currently working on a list of affected FastTech packages and they will need until early August to complete that list. FastTech will determine which customers are affected based on that list.

Meanwhile, if your package has not been delivered for over 4 weeks, we encourage you to contact Malaysia Post (contact information below) to confirm if your package is shipped via surface mail. This will ensure that Malaysia Post is aware of your status and include you in the list that they will hand to FastTech.

Please kindly note that this offer is applicable to orders which were placed between May 1, 2014 and July 2, 2014. FastTech ceased to provide a delivery estimation in its checkout page on July 3, 2014.

Last but not least, this offer is applicable to orders that are either delivered, or are still in transit via Malaysia Post surface mail. Orders that are already cancelled and/or refunded are not applicable to this offer. Orders with PayPal disputes open may or may not receive a credit -- we're confirming a few things with PayPal regarding their take on this, and we will update regarding disputes before end of July.

Update: Orders with PayPal dispute open will not receive a credit based on PayPal's take. We contacted PayPal about this Malaysia post shipping issue and asked them if they will refund customer in this case. Their original answer is as below:

"Generally it's a no but will be handled on a case by case basis".

Thank you for your understanding.

FastTech Team

Malaysia Post's contact information

Customer Care Department
Level 6 , Pos Malaysia Headquarters
Dayabumi Complex
50670 Kuala Lumpur
Fax: 03-2273 3927
Email: care (at) pos.com.my

---------------------------

Update on warranty policy:

Due to the fact that Malaysia post changing some FastTech airmail packages to surface mail, the warranty period for "Product Warranty (faulty / defective over normal use)" stated in page: "http://www.fasttech.com/pages/standard-return-policy" will be based on delivery date.

Or if that date is not available, it will be based on the latest tracking date. This policy is applicable to orders confirmed by Malaysia post as shipped via surface mail.

Thank you.

---------------------------

Update: We have already issued gift certificates for the first batch confirmed as shipped via surface mail packages. We will issue gift certificates for those recently confirmed as shipped via surface mail in 24 working hours.

Please contact us to confirm if your order is shipped via surface mail by Malaysia post before 1st September so we can have adequate time to process.

Thank you for your understanding.

Edited on 9/21/2014 at 10:34 PM. Reason:
**Please post your order number** when asking order specific questions. Thank you.
Answer
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3422
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4434
We've been working on issuing these credits since a week ago and I'm pleased to announce a majority of them have now been registered to customer accounts.

In the meantime, we are still in the process of verifying additional possible surface shipments reported by customers.

If your order is on the original MYPOST provided list and/or was verified by support staffs over 2 weeks ago, your credit should be in your FastTech account > gift certificates now.

If your order was recently verified and confirmed by a support ticket, or your order is still being verified, please allow some additional time -- your credit will get recorded after processing is done.

If you're concerned or have any questions, please open a support ticket or update one of your existing tickets on the matter.

Edited on 8/18/2014 at 5:47 AM. Reason: typos
All questions and comments are welcome. We are here to help.
#2 (permalink)      7/17/2014 12:52:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Felix1220
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 510
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos362
+2 details
About Stickie: Compensation for surface shipped packages via Malaysia post.
Hi Sufie, just seen your Stickie

you wrote:

Meanwhile we encourage you to contact Malaysia post to confirm if your package is not in the list we obtained and you suspect your package is shipped via surface mail. After you provide us Malaysia post's confirmation,

I have done this already some time ago to ask them they have shipped via Airmail or Surface Mail.
The Problem is, Malysia Post prefer not to answer :)

Mod (geek) edited on 7/17/2014 at 4:14 AM. Reason: merge with main thread Merged by mod geek
#3 (permalink)      7/17/2014 12:57:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JoPatterson
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1456
  • Reviews 299
  • Kudos1853
+2 details
I think that for USA customers, all it should require is the tracking number showing : Item sent to FOREIGN CENTER JERSEY CITY NJ 099, MPC PMIH (KLIA) - as that is the surface mail destination.
Being sent to Chicago, NY, San Francisco or Los Angeles is all Airmail and would disqualify.

e-mail: Care @ pos . com . my

Edited on 7/17/2014 at 1:15 AM. Reason: is a perceptual delusion Merged by mod geek
Seriously FT CSS- the correct answer to Any PRE-SALE question is NEVER "what is your order number".........................
#4 (permalink)      7/17/2014 1:05:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Felix1220
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 510
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos362
+1 details
one thing more, sorry if i am little bit confused, maybe i dont understand all cause english is not my language

for example
one of my orders containing batteries is from 23.June, this was the day FT told us Malaysia Post will continue shipping batteries.

Tracking say:

2014-07-13 11:14, Item sent to 1000 WIEN, MPC PMIH (KLIA)
2014-06-28 10:40, Dispatch Pre-Alert 28/06/2014, In Transit

How can I know now this is Airmail or Surfacemail?
Just wait and if it will not arrive in time its surface mail?

#5 (permalink)      7/17/2014 1:12:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JoPatterson
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1456
  • Reviews 299
  • Kudos1853
@Felix1220
Is this the same location that all your other packages went through?
If it's the same, it's probably AirMail.

I searched the address and it was in use by MY before February, so I didn't go any further. It appears to be an AirMail processing center. Not part of the current problem, just typical slow post.

But I could be wrong.

Edited on 7/17/2014 at 1:12 AM. Reason: is a perceptual delusion Merged by mod geek
Seriously FT CSS- the correct answer to Any PRE-SALE question is NEVER "what is your order number".........................
#6 (permalink)      7/17/2014 1:13:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
aguag
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 356
  • Reviews 70
  • Kudos193
Hope mine is on the list not looking forward to getting info from Malaysia post.
Negativity is a creature that breeds of it's own kind.
#7 (permalink)      7/17/2014 1:15:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Felix1220
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 510
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos362
@JoPatterson
Yes it is
Austria is a small landlocked Country, every Package i got came through the distribution Center Wien (Vienna)
also we dont have local Tracking for small Letter packages here.
Surface mail to here takes eternal, usually 3 month

I still hope there is a chance Malaysia Post has sent after 23. June via Airmail, but i dont know
#8 (permalink)      7/17/2014 4:49:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nailseayts
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 10798
  • Reviews 502
  • Kudos13577
Malaysia post have been emailed........now we wait some more
Always go full potato!
#9 (permalink)      7/17/2014 5:24:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andyk
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 10996
  • Reviews 680
  • Kudos9403
+2 details
I understand the fiasco with Malaysia Post but really appreciate FT for taking this initiative and offering a compensation for all the frustration I've gone through with tracking my package and waiting for it. I'm a happy camper :)

Thanks sufie, you rock! And so does FT!

I hope I get my VTC5s soon though *sigh*

Edited on 7/17/2014 at 5:28 AM. Reason: we've ...... I've
My Location: Bharat (aka IN) .. Namaste /\ .. ***TC doesn't work for me as it's an imperfect solution to a problem that I never even had*** - Sossij
#10 (permalink)      7/17/2014 6:20:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
CleanAir
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 1726
  • Reviews 86
  • Kudos811
+1 details
Email to PileOfShite sent.
Your language is a reflection of you. Than=compare; then=next: duel=fight; dual=twin; bought=buy; brought=bring. Sentences don't always start with so! The word is "you".
#11 (permalink)      7/17/2014 6:27:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Felix1220
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 510
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos362
Meanwhile I got answer from MP
I have asked them they can tell me my parcel is sent by surface mail or airmail.

It looks like they also dont know, or maybe dont understud what I want to know :-)

what I got from them is:

We thank you for your email which we received on 12.07.20104

Having used the tracking number given, please be informed that the said item has been dispatched to the destination country on 14.07.2014 and still in transit

Status update will be available once we received an acceptance update from the respective unit @destination country

We hope above matters may clarified