Can you suggest a good quadcopter for newbies?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      10/29/2014 4:55:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
IndiaVaper
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 170
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos36
Can you suggest a good quadcopter for newbies?
I have been thinking of buying a good quadcopter. This will be a first one that I will be owning. Can you suggest the one that is easy to fly...camera - definitely good to have :-)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheGreatIndianVapingCommunity/
#2 (permalink)      10/29/2014 5:15:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nerfologist
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 5484
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos7128
+2 details
I have a quadcopter in my wishlist SKU 1835900, and as soon as I've got the cash spare, I am going to buy it. I don't own a quadcopter or any type of copter for that matter, but having done research on this one it seems pretty easy to fly, just give yourself plenty of space to practice.

Youtube Demo
Loud and proud member of the FT EW Club. #EWindahouse - NEW ACHIEVEMENT AWARDED - Entitled Noob. Yayyyy. :D
#3 (permalink)      10/29/2014 5:53:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
CleanAir
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 1726
  • Reviews 86
  • Kudos811
+2 details
I had a shot of two different quadcopters. As a total noobie, the larger one was easier to fly and more stable but drifted more with wind - it ended up in a tree, at one point. The smaller one did appear to be more agile though and could be flown indoors, with a little bit of practice.
Your language is a reflection of you. Than=compare; then=next: duel=fight; dual=twin; bought=buy; brought=bring. Sentences don't always start with so! The word is "you".
#4 (permalink)      10/29/2014 8:48:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kartman13
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 423
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos217
+2 details
As nerfologist said, SYMA X5C is a good beginner's quad. But its difficult to fly indoors if you are a newbie. If you are planning to mainly flying it outside and need a Budget Quad, its a good option.

I'd suggest the Hubsan H107D FPV X4 (RTF). Its small and hence, can be flown indoors and powerful enough to be flow outdoors as well. It has FPV (First-person view) which enables you to look at the screen in the transmitter and see what the Quad see's. Not a feature that a newbie needs but always great to have. Once you have mastered you basic skills, you can fly this quad without even looking at it using FVP.

Some other options are
UDI U818A Camera Quadcopter
Walkera QR Y100
Parrot AR Drone 2.0 (Expensive but very easy to fly)

In the mean time, buy a NANO Quad like a Gin\Eachine H7 which costs under 20$ and helps you build your Quad Skills. If can fly one of these in High Rates(Full Power Setting), flying bigger quads will be much easier.
#5 (permalink)      10/29/2014 9:19:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ptitfour
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 12620
  • Reviews 148
  • Kudos20558
quad copters ^^

a good 4 rotary propellers with a GYROSCOPIC ,is a copter ...

you want a stationnary drone ?
#6 (permalink)      10/30/2014 3:40:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kartman13
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 423
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos217
Guys, check out the episode of South Park which aired today(S18E05). The entire episode is based on Quads/Drones. I just destroyed all my FPV Quads after watching the episode ;) I suggest you do the same.
#7 (permalink)      10/30/2014 8:30:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
IndiaVaper
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 170
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos36
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: Advertisement
#8 (permalink)      10/30/2014 8:43:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
IndiaVaper
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 170
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos36
and how is Cheerson CX-10 CX10 Mini 2.4G 4CH 6 Axis LED RC Quadcopter RTF to begin with. If it works then will go in for bigger ones for outdoors. Could not find Gin that you had suggested.
#9 (permalink)      10/30/2014 8:57:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kartman13
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 423
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos217
Banggood is great for RC. Plz refer to my earlier post to Arun to find out all the sites i have bought from and if you can find a cheaper option than banggood, then go for it.

Haven't faced any shipping issues regarding importing Quads. Have been lucky escaping the duties till now and hopefully, you too can escape the hassles of the customs as well.

and how is Cheerson CX-10 CX10 Mini 2.4G 4CH 6 Axis LED RC Quadcopter RTF to begin with. If it works then will go in for bigger ones for outdoors. Could not find Gin that you had suggested.

I'm having the Cheerson CX - 10 and its good. Its controller is not that comfortable. Search for 'Eachine H7' in BG. Its supposedly better than CX - 10 and comes with a protection cover as well which is mandatory for a beginner. I have already ordered this and am patiently waiting for it. It has 2 modes, Low rate - perfect for beginners and High rates which will suit the pros.

Edited on 10/30/2014 at 9:03 AM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      10/30/2014 10:05:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
IndiaVaper
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 170
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos36
Eachin H7 - This one?

Should I buy extra batteries? Cant find them on BG.

Edited on 10/30/2014 at 10:10 AM. Reason: fat fingers
#11 (permalink)      10/30/2014 11:17:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kartman13
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 423
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos217
Yup, that one.

Should I buy extra batteries? Cant find them on BG.

No need as the battery of H7 is soldered to its main circuit, so its useless buying extra batteries. The flight time is 6+ minutes, that's pretty good for a Nano Quad. As its a new Quad, Spare batteries are not yet available on BG. Don't worry, they'll be available soon.

I have planned to remove the soldered battery and connect a JST connector to allow replaceable batteries. Will let you know if i carry on with this modification, until then, enjoy the 6+ minutes you'll get off of it.

Edited on 10/30/2014 at 11:23 AM. Reason: