shopping cart empty
Rebate points converting please
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      5/19/2016 9:06:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Watercool
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 10530
  • Reviews 307
  • Kudos8096
$1.00 rebate earned+4 details
GCs from rebate points are only valid for 3 month, if you cancel an order they are valid for 2 years.
#22 (permalink)      5/19/2016 9:18:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Why is FT focusing so enthusiastically on converting points to gc's when there is clearly a problem with Russian hackers targeting and intercepting anyone's orders that have been using their gc's lately to partially or fully pay for their orders?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgPDW0ZpgJU
#23 (permalink)      5/19/2016 9:22:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MetisRebel
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 5359
  • Reviews 71
  • Kudos6391
+2 details
djvillan wrote:

Why is FT focusing so enthusiastically on converting points to gc's when there is clearly a problem with Russian hackers targeting and intercepting anyone's orders that have been using their gc's lately to partially or fully pay for their orders?

I don't think they're "enthusiastically converting" them. It looks to me that because CS tickets are so slow to respond right now there's more public conversion by Jenny to clear up the backlog of people wanting their GC's.

For The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terriers...
#24 (permalink)      5/19/2016 9:25:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
MetisRebel wrote:

I don't think they're "enthusiastically converting" them. It looks to me that because CS tickets are so slow to respond right now there's more public conversion by Jenny to clear up the backlog of people wanting their GC's.

Yet they are not doing anything the fix the gc hacking problem? Go figure.

#25 (permalink)      5/19/2016 9:31:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MetisRebel
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 5359
  • Reviews 71
  • Kudos6391
+1 details
djvillan wrote:

MetisRebel wrote:

Yet they are not doing anything the fix the gc hacking problem? Go figure.

Again, that's an unprovable assertion. They may be trying to track the problem. They've stated that. They're just not sharing whatever results or conclusions they may have drawn.

#26 (permalink)      5/19/2016 9:34:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
MetisRebel wrote:

Again, that's an unprovable assertion. They may be trying to track the problem. They've stated that. They're just not sharing whatever results or conclusions they may have drawn.

Tracking the problem by potentially exposing more customers to it? You believe every excuse FT gives when something goes wrong?

#27 (permalink)      5/19/2016 9:45:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JaffoFL
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 8869
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos10807
+1 details
Watercool wrote:

GCs from rebate points are only valid for 3 month, if you cancel an order they are valid for 2 years.

This is why I'm not doing squat for now. :) They'll figure it out eventually. Just hold tight.

This reminds me of how traders freak the eff out when the stock market crashe and dump all their shares...and then a week later prices go through the roof again and they have no shares left to profit from. Because they're dumb. Cyclical ups and downs has been common here for as long as I can remember - close to 4 years now.

That said - some folks really wanna buy stuff right now and use their GCs, and may not be shopping here in a month, so getting points converted makes sense in that case.

I don't think FT lies about the issues. I'm with Metis. I think they're trying to be legit with their explanations, and don't always have all the facts yet, or have no obligation to tell us everything we demand to know. Nor do those here who talk the most smack and act like they know everything actually know much of anything. Newbs. LOL.

"Knowing your own darkness is the [my clone is an angry little girl with a period] best method for dealing with the darkness of other people." ~ Jung
#28 (permalink)      5/19/2016 9:55:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
JaffoFL wrote:

Nor do those here who talk the most smack and act like they know everything actually know much of anything. Newbs. LOL.

There's no talking smack (just one lighthearted reference to you) and acting like I know everything in this thread. I'm just as concerned about the gc issue as you are or anyone else is.

#29 (permalink)      5/19/2016 10:09:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MetisRebel
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 5359
  • Reviews 71
  • Kudos6391
+2 details
djvillan wrote:

MetisRebel wrote:

Tracking the problem by potentially exposing more customers to it? You believe every excuse FT gives when something goes wrong?

While annoying and frustrating, if they are making good their mistakes while trying to solve the initial problem, this isn't world-shattering.

It's not the suicide helpline, it's an Asian reseller.

Yes, it is up to them to solve this problem. They are acknowledging it's a problem and refunding those that experience it, while they work on fixing it.

Is there some reason you expect this to go according to your timetable?

Edited on 5/19/2016 at 10:10 AM. Reason:
#30 (permalink)      5/19/2016 10:11:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lost_In_Space
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 4737
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos20252
+3 details
MetisRebel wrote:

....It's not the suicide helpline, it's an Asian reseller....

"I'm so depressed, my package hasn't arrived. I think I'm going to kill myself."

"Please to hang in there for 60 more days so we can make postal inquiry? Thank you for your understanding."

Ad astra
#31 (permalink)      5/19/2016 10:16:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MetisRebel
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 5359
  • Reviews 71
  • Kudos6391
+2 details
Lost_In_Space wrote:

MetisRebel wrote:
....It's not the suicide helpline, it's an Asian reseller....

"I'm so depressed, my package hasn't arrived. I think I'm going to kill myself."

"Please to hang in there for 60 more days so we can make postal inquiry? Thank you for your understanding."

Thank Chuck it's not the suicide hotline. "Thank you for your patience. Our staffs will fix your problem shortly and refund your life in 3-5 days. We will tell our staffs to be more careful in the future. Thank you for your understanding"

Edited on 5/19/2016 at 10:17 AM. Reason: