shopping cart empty
REDMI K20 Received bricked. fasttech gives no answer. I lost $ 400?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      7/17/2019 12:39:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+1 details
desuede wrote:

4. A lot of time lost during the process. :/

That's obvious if where you buy your things from is thousands of kilometers away from where you live.

#32 (permalink)      7/17/2019 2:31:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kanaye
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 28
  • Reviews 160
  • Kudos4
djvillan wrote:

desuede wrote:
4. A lot of time lost during the process. :/That's obvious if where you buy your things from is thousands of kilometers away from where you live.

https://www.gizmochina.com/2019/06/27/xiaomi-mi-9-se-update-bricks-phone/
It was official automatic update. please read all the thread.

#33 (permalink)      7/17/2019 3:45:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
kanaye wrote:

https://www.gizmochina.com/2019/06/27/xiaomi-mi-9-se-update-bricks-phone/

It was official automatic update. please read all the thread.

Coucou,

I have read the whole thread and the content in the link does not state it is an automatic update. It also advises to avoid installing the new update so that would mean that it's not an update that automatically installs itself. The user gets notified there is an update available to download/install. The user doesn't have to download it or install it if they don't want to.

Bon nuit.

China-based smartphone maker Xiaomi recently started rolling out a new over-the-air (OTA) update for the Mi 9 SE (Full Specs). However, some users have now started complaining that after installing the update, their smartphone is getting bricked.

The firmware in question is the MIUI 10.3.1.0 to EEA, which is an update for the European market. Reports indicate that the grey import handsets which come with global ROM are not affected and only those that are purchased from Xiaomi’s official retailers in Europe are facing this issue.

Currently, there’s no information available regarding what portion of the devices are getting affected by this issue and if there’s a way to get around. So, it’s advisable to avoid installing the new update it all together until Xiaomi addresses the issue. It has been around four days since the first such incident occurred, which was reported on Xiaomi‘s community forum.

#34 (permalink)      8/8/2019 10:30:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kanaye
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 28
  • Reviews 160
  • Kudos4
I received a new phone in replacement.
It seems to be working normally for now.
the problem has been solved, but I remain destabilized by the complexity of incident management on this kind of product.
keep in mind that we are honest when we have this kind of problem with the purchase also with the language barrier is a big problem.
Thank you to the staff, thank you to the participants on this subject, after 2 months of waiting and a lot of complexity I finally have a phone.
#35 (permalink)      8/8/2019 10:48:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 2180
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3177
kanaye wrote:

I received a new phone in replacement.
It seems to be working normally for now.

👍

kanaye wrote:

keep in mind that we are honest when we have this kind of problem with the purchase

In your case, yes.
But I guess this company has seen its fair share of scammers too.

Plus rien à voir ici, circulez. 😊