shopping cart empty
REDMI K20 Received bricked. fasttech gives no answer. I lost $ 400?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      7/12/2019 4:53:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 2180
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3177
+1 details
kanaye wrote:

They have speculated that the phone has been bricked during the update because it is not compatible in EU (yet it is marked in your product sheet "EU")

When electronics here have EU in the product title it usually only means that the provided electric plug is EU compatible.
Example from the FT specifications for SKU 9701069:
PLUG TYPE EU
PACKAGE CONTENTS ... 1*EU Plug Power Adapter ...

What the Xiaomi France representative probably meant was that the Redmi K20 you bought here isn't intended for use in the EU as their EU version of the K20 is named Mi 9(T).

Not that this helps you much in your current situation. :/
As SOLOMONgrundy wrote, the decent thing to do would be to refund the amount you paid for this phone (once it has been returned to them).

Edited on 7/12/2019 at 8:32 AM. Reason:
#22 (permalink)      7/12/2019 5:28:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SOLOMONgrundy
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 1014
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos366
:/As SOLOMONgrundy wrote, the decent thing to do would be to refund the amount you paid for this phone (once it has been returned to them).[/quote]
Yea, this isn't a problem between him and fasttech.it's not even an issue between him and Xiaomi, it's a fasttech and Xiaomi problem.they've put fasttech in a bad place.fasttech has been selling their products for them and they didn't this to fasttech's customers.that's between those two.the proper way to do this is for fasttech to refund this man (once they get their product, which he has to pay for knows how much money for that) then take it up with Xiaomi and by the way I mean what I said about this making fasttech look bad.this shouldn't have gone this far.it's way over due and what really makes me mad is if this man wouldn't have made this post he'd still be screwed.I never thought fasttech was like this.I've 100% always backed fasttech in chats and on post here and other forums.now I'm starting to wonder how many good people I trolled hard was right and they did them wrong.
#23 (permalink)      7/17/2019 3:43:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kanaye
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 28
  • Reviews 160
  • Kudos4
Hello everyone
news from this phone.
Fasttech does not seem willing to make a refund. I sent the phone back today knowing that normally he must send me a new one (will see if their word is honest).
however, there are 3 problems:
1 - If he sends me the same phone, he may have the same problem
2 - if he sends me another model, he asks me for money!
3 - I paid $ 40 shipping costs in addition to the price of the phone, this story costs me more and more expensive

I am a good customer I think they are not serious because they should have refunded me or offer me another phone without asking me more money.
I'm terribly disappointed, I lost $ 450
I'll keep you informed.
#24 (permalink)      7/17/2019 4:56:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 9460
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5098
+2 details
kanaye wrote:

Hello everyone
news from this phone.
Fasttech does not seem willing to make a refund. I sent the phone back today knowing that normally he must send me a new one (will see if their word is honest).
however, there are 3 problems:
1 - If he sends me the same phone, he may have the same problem
2 - if he sends me another model, he asks me for money!
3 - I paid $ 40 shipping costs in addition to the price of the phone, this story costs me more and more expensive

I am a good customer I think they are not serious because they should have refunded me or offer me another phone without asking me more money.
I'm terribly disappointed, I lost $ 450
I'll keep you informed.

Hello kanaye,

We think there is a misunderstanding between us.

As we said, you can return the DOA phone for warranty. We will afford the shipping fee and send another one for you. Because you choose another phone that is a little expensive than the phone you ordered. So we ask you to pay some difference. And you told us you could afford the return shipping fee, we send the phone you need and remove the difference, we agreed too. We have received your return receipt today and will arrange the resend shipment for you as soon as we have the return.

We know you are our valued customer, of course we will not let you lose money. So any concerns please do feel free to let us know, we will do our best to help.

Thank you.

#25 (permalink)      7/17/2019 6:21:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kanaye
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 28
  • Reviews 160
  • Kudos4
Hello

"Because you choose another phone that is a little expensive than the phone you ordered.
-> if you send me the same you can not guarantee that it will not have the same problem! so another model, and they are all more expensive!

"And we told you we could afford the return shipping fee, we sent the phone you and the difference, we agreed too".
-> I'm a good customer, I think you could have made a gesture by offering me the difference in price ($ 24) and the cost of return ($ 29)

So the cost of return is more expensive than the price difference .... I still lose money. well played fasttech!

I remind you that initially I asked the refund to be able to buy me a phone elsewhere (order placed on 06/15/19, you never answer this question.
I will now have to wait another month to get a phone that I hope will work.

I am disapointed
sincerely
#26 (permalink)      7/17/2019 10:57:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 2180
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3177
+2 details
kanaye wrote:

if you send me the same you can not guarantee that it will not have the same problem! so another model, and they are all more expensive!

Now I don't know what replacement model you chose but I would recommend you choose one that is labeled "Global Version" in order to avoid possible software upgrade issues.
Like one of these:

https://www.fasttech.com/category/1101/search/-/p/0?f=-&keywords=xiaomi+global+version&sort=l

Other brands also have the "Global Version" distinction.

Edited on 7/17/2019 at 11:53 AM. Reason:
#27 (permalink)      7/17/2019 11:49:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 2180
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3177
+1 details
Anniepan wrote:

We are really sorry that your have received a bricked phone, we also have contacted to our manuacturer every day and ask them to resend another one.

There might be a misunderstanding concerning the bricking (language barrier?) among other things.

kanaye never wrote he received a bricked phone.
He clearly stated that the phone bricked during an attempted automatic software update (from Xiaomi):

"the one received bricked"... "in my case it did a bootloop bug after its automatic update"
and
"The phone is bricked after an update"

References:
https://www.fasttech.com/forums/phones/t/3005090/?3005280
and
https://www.fasttech.com/forums/phones/t/3005090/?3005293

#28 (permalink)      7/17/2019 12:20:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+1 details
1. When returning faulty products to FT you must pay the shipping costs. FT always refunds the shipping costs back to you when they receive confirmation receipt.

2. You bought a more expensive phone to replace the bricked phone so of course you must pay the difference between the two prices.

3. Buy a 'Global' version.

Simple.

Edited on 7/17/2019 at 12:22 PM. Reason:
#29 (permalink)      7/17/2019 12:28:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 2180
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3177
+1 details
4. A lot of time lost during the process. :/
#30 (permalink)      7/17/2019 12:37:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+1 details
SOLOMONgrundy wrote:

Omg😂😂😂 you can't make this stuff up blahahaha some things get lost in translation but this is crazy HE CAN'T USE THE PHONES.the next ONE YOU SEND HIM WILL BRICK TOO.what are you not getting @ANNIEPAN? JUST GIVE THE MAN BACK HIS MONEY.this post isn't making you guys look good at all fasttech.I'm needing to buy about a 100$ worth of stuff and I'm not buying anything because this is making me nervous.no joke

The phone was not DOA. It became bricked because he tried to install an update which caused the bricking. The new phone will only brick if he tries to install the same update again. So don't install the update. He should wait until a newer update is available that fixes the bricking issue of the previous update.

If he can buy the proper EU version in his country for the same price why bother buying it from here in the first place? That way if he has a problem with his phone he could get it fixed/replaced quicker without having to pay shipping costs or wait weeks to get it.

#31 (permalink)      7/17/2019 12:39:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+1 details
desuede wrote:

4. A lot of time lost during the process. :/

That's obvious if where you buy your things from is thousands of kilometers away from where you live.