shopping cart empty
REDMI K20 Received bricked. fasttech gives no answer. I lost $ 400?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      7/11/2019 4:03:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kanaye
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 28
  • Reviews 160
  • Kudos4
The staff replied that I have to send them back at my expense the phone and that he will fix it .... it's a joke ... I wait 3 months without a phone ???
the battery is certainly damaged, the product will be rooted .... who buys a phone tinkered at this price!
it's really a joke. no after sales service react like that.
I cancel my current orders.
#12 (permalink)      7/11/2019 4:47:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 2176
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3166
@kanaye
Puisque tu es apparemment francophone j'écris en francais.

Ce qui t'arrive est un des grands désavantages de commander de Chine.
Quand on commande un produit plus cher et qu'il se montre ne pas fonctionner à l'arrivée on est bon pour une procédure fastidieuse de longue haleine. Ca m'est arrivé une fois auparavant avec un mod.

Le service après vente de FT ne vont pas essayer de rouler le client mais il vont appliquer les règles imposées par l'entreprise. Le fait que leur niveau d'anglais laisse à désirer n'arrange pas les choses.
Lesdites règles pour ce genre de cas sont ici:
https://support.fasttech.com/FAQ/standard-product-warranty

C'est avant tout le numéro 4 en bas de page qui va causer problème.

Pour commencer le personnel est tenu de s'assurer que la réclamation recue est véridique et valable, ce qui d'après moi devrait être chose faite.
Ensuite j'imagine qu'ils essayent de négocier une solution avec le fabriquant.
Et entretemps les jours et les semaines risquent hélas de passer.
#13 (permalink)      7/11/2019 4:51:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SOLOMONgrundy
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 1014
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos365
This sucks for you two guys.the fact that fasttech would ask you to send the phone back AT YOUR EXPERIENCE!!!! Is nuts.that's going to cost some real money I don't care where you live and then they didn't even give desuede his phone.this is no way to conduct business.hope they make it right guys.
#14 (permalink)      7/11/2019 5:05:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 2176
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3166
@kanaye
Autres alternatives envisageables:

As-tu contacté le représentant Xiaomi de ton pays, par exemple Xiaomi France, pour tenter de faire remplacer le téléphone par un nouveau?

Si l'achat a été reglé avec PayPal il y a toujours moyen d'engager un litige chez eux pour essayer de se faire rembourser. Mais on parle aussi d'ne procédure de longue haleine dans ce cas:

https://www.paypal.com/fr/webapps/mpp/problem-purchase
https://www.paypal.com/fr/smarthelp/article/comment-transformer-un-litige-en-r%C3%A9clamation%C2%A0-faq822
https://www.paypal.com/fr/smarthelp/article/que-faire-si-je-n'ai-pas-re%C3%A7u-mon-objet-ou-s'il-ne-correspond-pas-%C3%A0-sa-description%C2%A0-faq1344

Edited on 8/8/2019 at 10:53 AM. Reason:
#15 (permalink)      7/11/2019 5:19:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 2176
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3166
SOLOMONgrundy wrote:

This sucks for you two guys.

Yes it does.
But to be honest the manufacturer (Xiaomi) is also at fault issuing a software update that bricks devices.

#16 (permalink)      7/11/2019 5:48:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kanaye
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 28
  • Reviews 160
  • Kudos4
Merci Thank you for all this valuable information.
I do not intend to stop there.
If no amicable and relevant solution found I would contact the competent authorities.
We expect a $ 400 purchase that the after sales service is up.
the funniest thing about all this is that if I send them for repair they will realize that they can not fix it and have to ask the manufacturer.
By the time all this is done this phone will not be sold anywhere and obsolete.
moreover, since the battery is damaged (storage at 0%) once I receive it I should again make a return for repair!
it's a big hassle and the after-sales service absolutely want to keep my money. Another vision of "customer satisfaction"
I would not let myself go.
I am disgusted, if he do not want to lose me (I am a good customer) he will do the necessary.
the worst is that this phone costs the same price in France ....
#17 (permalink)      7/11/2019 9:29:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 9435
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5089
kanaye wrote:

The staff replied that I have to send them back at my expense the phone and that he will fix it .... it's a joke ... I wait 3 months without a phone ???
the battery is certainly damaged, the product will be rooted .... who buys a phone tinkered at this price!
it's really a joke. no after sales service react like that.
I cancel my current orders.

Hello kanaye,

First of all, we do really sorry for the inconvenience caused in this case. For xiaomi phones, we always ship with original factory package, and will not open to test as customers need the original 100% brand new one. If we open it the package is hardly to pack back , the customer may appeal a case to say it is used. So if there is no test request from our customer, we will not open and will ship the original phone.

We are really sorry that your have received a bricked phone, we also have contacted to our manuacturer every day and ask them to resend another one. We think there is a misunderstanding about the return fee, our CS staff means we will afford the shipping fee(the return shipping fee and resend shipping fee). So please kindly help us return the phone and send the return receipt? Then we can refund the shipping fee for you. And we will send a replacement phone for you once we received the return. The returned phone we will get back to our manufacturer.

Any concerns, please feel free to let us know, we will do our best to help.

Thank you for your understanding.

#18 (permalink)      7/12/2019 2:51:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kanaye
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 28
  • Reviews 160
  • Kudos4
Hello,
thank you for your reply.
I contacted Xiaomi France yesterday. They have speculated that the phone has been bricked during the update because it is not compatible in EU (yet it is marked in your product sheet "EU")
He also confirmed that even if I pay them he will be unable to restart it because it must be unlocked beforehand by associating the SIM card with the account Mi and the serial number of the phone. Since it can not be restarted, the off-factory repair is not possible.
They also confirm that I can not use it anymore.
Therefore, if you send me the same model there is a probability that it will start again.
Looking forward to your answer
#19 (permalink)      7/12/2019 3:52:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 9435
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5089
kanaye wrote:

Hello,
thank you for your reply.
I contacted Xiaomi France yesterday. They have speculated that the phone has been bricked during the update because it is not compatible in EU (yet it is marked in your product sheet "EU")
He also confirmed that even if I pay them he will be unable to restart it because it must be unlocked beforehand by associating the SIM card with the account Mi and the serial number of the phone. Since it can not be restarted, the off-factory repair is not possible.
They also confirm that I can not use it anymore.
Therefore, if you send me the same model there is a probability that it will start again.
Looking forward to your answer

Hello kanaye,

So you return it back for another phone OK? But please make sure the phone is packed well with original box and no physical damage, then we can return it to our manufacturer. Thank you.

#20 (permalink)      7/12/2019 4:00:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SOLOMONgrundy
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 1014
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos365
Omg😂😂😂 you can't make this stuff up blahahaha some things get lost in translation but this is crazy HE CAN'T USE THE PHONES.the next ONE YOU SEND HIM WILL BRICK TOO.what are you not getting @ANNIEPAN? JUST GIVE THE MAN BACK HIS MONEY.this post isn't making you guys look good at all fasttech.I'm needing to buy about a 100$ worth of stuff and I'm not buying anything because this is making me nervous.no joke
#21 (permalink)      7/12/2019 4:53:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 2176
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3166
+1 details
kanaye wrote:

They have speculated that the phone has been bricked during the update because it is not compatible in EU (yet it is marked in your product sheet "EU")

When electronics here have EU in the product title it usually only means that the provided electric plug is EU compatible.
Example from the FT specifications for SKU 9701069:
PLUG TYPE EU
PACKAGE CONTENTS ... 1*EU Plug Power Adapter ...

What the Xiaomi France representative probably meant was that the Redmi K20 you bought here isn't intended for use in the EU as their EU version of the K20 is named Mi 9(T).

Not that this helps you much in your current situation. :/
As SOLOMONgrundy wrote, the decent thing to do would be to refund the amount you paid for this phone (once it has been returned to them).

Edited on 7/12/2019 at 8:32 AM. Reason: