shopping cart empty
REDMI K20 Received bricked. fasttech gives no answer. I lost $ 400?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/10/2019 6:08:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kanaye
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 28
  • Reviews 160
  • Kudos4
REDMI K20 Received bricked. fasttech gives no answer. I lost $ 400?
The last message of fasttech :

------
posted 4 days ago
by nina staff

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We have transferred the video and problem to the supplier and waiting for the reply. Would you please get back to us for the feedback in next Monday. We will give the solution accordingly.

Sorry for the trouble again.
------

Thank you
Answer
Anniepan
Staff
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 9460
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5098
kanaye wrote:

The staff replied that I have to send them back at my expense the phone and that he will fix it .... it's a joke ... I wait 3 months without a phone ???
the battery is certainly damaged, the product will be rooted .... who buys a phone tinkered at this price!
it's really a joke. no after sales service react like that.
I cancel my current orders.

Hello kanaye,

First of all, we do really sorry for the inconvenience caused in this case. For xiaomi phones, we always ship with original factory package, and will not open to test as customers need the original 100% brand new one. If we open it the package is hardly to pack back , the customer may appeal a case to say it is used. So if there is no test request from our customer, we will not open and will ship the original phone.

We are really sorry that your have received a bricked phone, we also have contacted to our manuacturer every day and ask them to resend another one. We think there is a misunderstanding about the return fee, our CS staff means we will afford the shipping fee(the return shipping fee and resend shipping fee). So please kindly help us return the phone and send the return receipt? Then we can refund the shipping fee for you. And we will send a replacement phone for you once we received the return. The returned phone we will get back to our manufacturer.

Any concerns, please feel free to let us know, we will do our best to help.

Thank you for your understanding.

#2 (permalink)      7/10/2019 3:13:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SOLOMONgrundy
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 1014
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos366
+2 details
kanaye wrote:

The last message of fasttech :------posted 4 days agoby nina staffWe are sorry for the inconvenience.We have transferred the video and problem to the supplier and waiting for the reply. Would you please get back to us for the feedback in next Monday. We will give the solution accordingly.Sorry for the trouble again.------Thank you

Just keep up with them.they won't rip you off and they'll make it right trust me.

#3 (permalink)      7/10/2019 9:24:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 9460
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5098
Hello kanaye,

Sincerely sorry for the late reply.

We are checking with our manufacturer but there is no further response. I checked your second video and knew the issue now, I will ask them to answer your ticket and help you solve within 8 hours.

Thank you for your patience.
#4 (permalink)      7/11/2019 1:54:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kanaye
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 28
  • Reviews 160
  • Kudos4
Hello,
thank you for your reply.
No answer from you today I will order another phone (mine is broken and the one received bricked)
I watched if I could unbrick it, Xiaomi confirms that it is impossible without unlocking it and because it is bricked, impossible to unlock. he is in his box for 1 week and the battery is empty because it tries to start constantly (so the battery will be damaged)
For info I found this:
https://www.gizmochina.com/2019/06/27/xiaomi-mi-9-se-update-bricks-phone/
in my case it did a bootloop bug after its automatic update (I used it less than 20 minutes)
#5 (permalink)      7/11/2019 3:25:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kanaye
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 28
  • Reviews 160
  • Kudos4
Video : https://youtu.be/EWKToBAd3FI

For the staff:
The facts are simple:
The phone is bricked after an update and xiaomi said on his site: a bricked phone that is not unlocked must be put back manufacturer.
For a week the phone is in its box, empty battery because it tries to start constantly (which may damage it strongly)
If I ordered you a phone is that mine is broken, I can not wait any longer.
I am completely dissatisfied with the way Fasttech handles this reprehensible incident which is very simple.

I HAVE TOO MUCH WAIT I NEED A PHONE NOW !

I send you the phone without cost and ask for the refund, it's easy right?

Despite being a good customer, Fasttech does not take my messages into consideration, it's a shame.
It was probably my last order because I think I would never see my $ 400 again
#6 (permalink)      7/11/2019 3:36:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SOLOMONgrundy
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 1014
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos366
kanaye wrote:

Video : https://youtu.be/EWKToBAd3FI

For the staff:
The facts are simple:
The phone is bricked after an update and xiaomi said on his site: a bricked phone that is not unlocked must be put back manufacturer.
For a week the phone is in its box, empty battery because it tries to start constantly (which may damage it strongly)
If I ordered you a phone is that mine is broken, I can not wait any longer.
I am completely dissatisfied with the way Fasttech handles this reprehensible incident which is very simple.

I HAVE TOO MUCH WAIT I NEED A PHONE NOW !

I send you the phone without cost and ask for the refund, it's easy right?

Despite being a good customer, Fasttech does not take my messages into consideration, it's a shame.
It was probably my last order because I think I would never see my $ 400 again

I know it's really know help and you seem to know what you're doing.have you tried to reinstall the original Xiaomi software for this device.I 200% understand it's not your place to do any of this and fasttech obviously should REFUND you.if the og software won't work can you just root the phone.it'll unlock it.just ideals to help you.

#7 (permalink)      7/11/2019 3:54:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kanaye
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 28
  • Reviews 160
  • Kudos4
+1 details
The staff replied that I have to send them back at my expense the phone and that he will fix it .... it's a joke ... I wait 3 months without a phone ???
the battery is certainly damaged, the product will be rooted .... who buys a phone tinkered at this price!
#8 (permalink)      7/11/2019 3:55:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 2180
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3177
+1 details
kanaye wrote:

https://www.gizmochina.com/2019/06/27/xiaomi-mi-9-se-update-bricks-phone/

Thank you for the link, kanaye.

I ordered exactly that phone (SKU 9692933) from here it hasn't been shipped yet due to repeated "restocking" for a month and a half now.
I will probably cancel it as I don't want to risk bricking it knowing all the hassle and time needed for resolving the issue that will follow.

#9 (permalink)      7/11/2019 3:59:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kanaye
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 28
  • Reviews 160
  • Kudos4
kanaye wrote:

I tried and spent several hours on it.
Xiaomi deliberately blocks the installation with a mi account.
You must unlock the account mi on the phone before you can reinstall a system.
the phone does not start so you can not install an account mi and unlock it.
On the site XIAOMI it offers solutions but in the case of a phone that does not have a MI account it is impossible (it says mandatory manufacturer return for flashing in the factory)
Thanks anyway.

#10 (permalink)      7/11/2019 4:02:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kanaye
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 28
  • Reviews 160
  • Kudos4
Yes desuede,
you have seen the galley .... I am disgusted.
Fasttech is clearly not up to the task

Edited on 7/11/2019 at 4:03 AM. Reason:
#11 (permalink)      7/11/2019 4:03:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kanaye
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 28
  • Reviews 160
  • Kudos4