shopping cart empty
Attn: Anniepan
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      11/15/2017 4:04:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
daveds50
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 489
  • Reviews 117
  • Kudos359
+1 details
Attn: Anniepan
can you check Support Ticket Q1114JTCQL ?

apparently, someone changed my shipping method on Order Number: C111452377. i chose USPS Expedited for Battery Products, due to one item having an internal Lithium Ion battery.

they said they changed it to epacket... wont it get rejected and returned to you if it contains a battery ? or has something changed with the epacket rules ?
#2 (permalink)      11/15/2017 4:58:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
omghax
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 653
  • Reviews 42
  • Kudos278
Unrelated/related, my package doesn't contain any batteries but I chose USPS First Class and it got switched to US Express ePacket (also it was something like USPS First Class DC or something for a minute).

I'm just hoping for the best, but perhaps there's an ePacket troll in the FT office.

Carry on...
¯\_(^~^)_/¯
#3 (permalink)      11/15/2017 5:14:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
daveds50
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 489
  • Reviews 117
  • Kudos359
+1 details
omghax wrote:

but I chose USPS First Class and it got switched to US Express ePacket

actually, you got upgraded to faster shipping. i use Express epacket when i dont have batteries. it's not free when you order that way though, but usually a dollar or two more. it's a two or three days faster than First Class. if you did not have to pay for it, you lucked out.

anyway, they responded to the ticket that they sent, and assured me that epackets that have internal batteries in them, make it through lately. i hope so...

#4 (permalink)      11/15/2017 5:18:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
omghax
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 653
  • Reviews 42
  • Kudos278
Awesome :) I was going to put in a ticket just to find out what was going on back there but now I know!

Also good to know, I haven't had any issues (yet) but I'm sure FT would fix the situation if it ever happened.
¯\_(^~^)_/¯
#5 (permalink)      12/1/2017 9:16:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
daveds50
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 489
  • Reviews 117
  • Kudos359
well, just as i suspected would happen, it's stuck somewhere in Hong Kong since 11-23. it took a week after ordering to get to this point, but has been stuck since.

"2017-11-23 13:54 Shenzhen, left Shenzhen sent to Shenzhen Postal courier company in the fast (Hong Kong) Business Department"

last time this happened, from an order from somewhere other than FT, it got returned to the sender after about a month.

anyway, i am re-ordering the main part of the order locally right now, as i need it by a specific date... and it's unlikely that this package is going to make it here at all.

Anniepan, can you look into this ? and if the package gets returned, please cancel the order as specified in my ticket.
#6 (permalink)      12/2/2017 12:47:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nancy.mo
Staff (new to forums)
  • JoinedMay 2016
  • Posts 345
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos178
+1 details
Hello daveds50.

Sorry to hear that.

For registered postal mail, the tracking is not updated in real time. This tracking status would be updated only after the item clears destination custom and is handed over to local post office for delivery. Appreciate that you could wait for more 4 days for tracking information updating. We will contact our post office to check at the same time.

If your package is returned to us, we will inform you in the support ticket, and issue a full refund.

Thank you for your understanding.
#7 (permalink)      12/2/2017 1:01:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23012
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27073
+1 details
nancy.mo wrote:

Hello daveds50.

Sorry to hear that.

For registered postal mail, the tracking is not updated in real time. This tracking status would be updated only after the item clears destination custom and is handed over to local post office for delivery. Appreciate that you could wait for more 4 days for tracking information updating. We will contact our post office to check at the same time.

If your package is returned to us, we will inform you in the support ticket, and issue a full refund.

Thank you for your understanding.

What does that have to do with his question?

He asked why the shipping method was changed without notifying him first, to a shipping method that should not even be able to carry an item in his order in the first place.

Woah, mama!
#8 (permalink)      12/2/2017 1:43:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
daveds50
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 489
  • Reviews 117
  • Kudos359
+1 details
it's ok... i re-ordered the main item locally. while it was $58 rather than the $44 from FT, i will have it before Dec 9th, when it is needed as a gift.

oddly enough, 3 packages that were sent the same way later than that package was ( but did not contain batteries ) have already been delivered days ago. one of those packages was from FT, sent two days later. the other two from another company, was ordered 5 days later. yet, they are all here already.

i do have one package sent from FT with an internal battery that i sent Post NL, ordered 9 days after that, that has already passed through Netherlands and should be in the US for delivery next week. i really wish they would have sent the original package that way. i have ordered through other companies that way, and while not really fast, it reliably gets here.

if in case that original package shows up here eventually, i guess i will have one for myself... which is not a bad thing.

i'm sad that USPS Expedited for Battery Products no longer exists... even though it was an option i could have chosen when i made that order 9 days later. ( Nancy, you should get that removed ) i hope you can work out a good replacement for that service. it was fast and reliable.
#9 (permalink)      12/7/2017 11:49:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
daveds50
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 489
  • Reviews 117
  • Kudos359
nancy.mo wrote:

Appreciate that you could wait for more 4 days for tracking information updating.

still waiting to see it move anywhere, but it is still the same as it has been for weeks. not going anywhere.

meanwhile, i have been receiving many packages that used the same shipping method, that were ordered after that package. in fact, one package ordered 16 days later from Fasttech is already here in the states, and will be delivered in a couple of days.

#10 (permalink)      12/8/2017 3:23:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 5527
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3133
+1 details
Hello daveds50,

Sorry for the wait.

We have submitted an inquiry to the post office to investigate your package, and we will update the information to you in ticket as soon as we receive the confirmation. It may need a few days to answer, please kindly wait a little patient. We do really sorry because of the black Friday and 11.11, large of the packages are backlogged. We urged our post many times and asked them to update the tracking as sooner as possible. Hope you will receive it very soon.

Thanks for your great patience.
#11 (permalink)      12/15/2017 3:01:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
daveds50
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 489
  • Reviews 117
  • Kudos359
well... it's been a month since it shipped, and it still has not moved anywhere.

really wish it was not shipped at all using that method.

luckily, i got a replacement in time from a USA shop. i think it is best if i continue to shop there, at least until FT has a decent shipping option.

question, i paid extra for USPS Expedited for Battery Products before someone changed it to epacket. do i get that money back ?

also, by the way. that other package sent Post NL seems to be stuck too. it appeared to have left NL... but a update 7 days ago suggested that was not the case.