shopping cart empty
When Can FastTech File Investigation Case Towards Post Office For Your Packages ?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/26/2016 2:42:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
jenny
Staff
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3277
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos3678
+9 details
When Can FastTech File Investigation Case Towards Post Office For Your Packages ?
Dear Valued Customers,

As you may know, FastTech could file investigation case towards some Post office for packages which has stopped updating for a specific time. Here are the 'specific time' for different shipping methods for your reference.

DHL or EMS Express --- 2 business days after the final tracking number is provided
Australia Expedited Air --- no update for 14 days
Registered Airmail via Singapore Post --- no update for 18 days
Registered Airmail via Russian Post --- no update for 25 days
Registered Airmail via Sweden Post --- no update for 18 days
Registered Airmail via Hong Kong Post --- no update for 60 days
Registered Airmail via China Post ---no update for 30 days
China Post Surface Mail --- no update for 30 days
DHL Global Mail --- no update for 21 days
TNT-PostNL European Registered Airmail --- no update for 30 days
USPS Expedited for Battery Products --- no update for 18 days
USPS First-Class via Hong Kong Post ---- no update for 18 days
USPS First-Class ePacket --- no update for 18 days
Canada Express ePacket --- no update for 18 days
United Kingdom (UK) Express ePacket --- no update for 18 days
Australia/New Zealand Express ePacket --- no update for 18 days
Germany Express ePacket --- no update for 18 days
Norway Express ePacket --- no update for 18 days
South Korea Express ePacket --- no update for 18 days
Singapore Express ePacket --- no update for 18 days
Vietnam Express ePacket --- no update for 18 days
France Express ePacket --- no update for 18 days
Russia Express ePacket --- no update for 18 days
Regular Airmail --- 60 days after shipped

A refund or a free replacement package can be sent by customers' choice as soon as the original package is verified lost by carrier. For more details, you can refer to FAQ.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

FastTech

Edited on 5/3/2016 at 3:06 AM. Reason:
I apologize in advance if my answers aren't specific enough-- in most cases I can't provide order specific help in forums. For more personalized answers, please open a support ticket instead. Thanks!
#2 (permalink)      4/26/2016 9:32:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
thill1951
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5926
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos2658
+1 details
Wow...all the shippers have a lot of latitude before FT can even consider requesting an investigation..I'm sure that FT has negotiated these agreements with each shipper..looks like most shippers can let a package sit and rot for a month (25-30 days or more) someplace before FT can even "ask" its whereabouts or "why" it hasn't been touched...other than ePacket and DHL, most all the rest are provided an enormous amount of time to just scan a package and ANY show movement, either electronically or physically..these time frames would explain, why FT packages sometimes move slower than from other Chinese vendors who have negotiated faster and stricter responses to the lack of movement/updating of packages from these same shippers..I would presume this would also possibly affect Customs inspections being slower as well since the packages are received from these same shippers, and would explain the no movement/updates and lack of tracking in most countries after the update of "arrived in destination country"...lastly this would allow "local destination country postal" deliveries to move slower also since the original shipper and FT have negotiated a 30 day "no update" allowance time period for most shippers, that would be taken advantage of by the destination country's local Customs and local postal delivery..

There it is folks...now you all can see that now you CANNOT even bother opening a TICKET to FT regarding tracking and movement and shipping times until 30 days of NO changes/NO movement/NO scan updates in "most" cases...and explains why Customs and destination country's postal authorities and mailmen can drag their feet and not be held accountable, nor have to provide tracking ...

Edited on 4/26/2016 at 5:20 PM. Reason:
US Military 30 years, Retired Lt Colonel.. Live to Ride, Ride to Live..Love my Harleys and Indians..
#3 (permalink)      4/26/2016 2:36:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
CanK47
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 150
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos76
60 days for Hong Kong Airmail? You have to be joking.
#4 (permalink)      4/26/2016 5:34:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
quarks
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 4417
  • Reviews 33
  • Kudos6304
Thill, I noticed she didn't really mention if the shippers and FT negotiated this schedule or not. It may just be a fasttech policy?

Naturally, they wish to give as much time as possible for delivery, also makes for less tickets and other work associated with processing the investigations.

Regardless of the source of the policy, this should also be incorporated in the FAQ. There are a few that actually read it :) And I think more would read if they knew it was actually kept up to date.

Edited on 4/26/2016 at 5:37 PM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      4/26/2016 5:35:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
quarks
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 4417
  • Reviews 33
  • Kudos6304
+1 details
CanK47 wrote:

They use old biplanes for airmail, so takes a while :)

#6 (permalink)      4/26/2016 5:39:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
thill1951
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5926
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos2658
+2 details
Vendors negotiate agreements with shipping companies for cargo space, delivery times, insurance, and their services etc...just like U do when U move to a new residence or contract for any services..this is NOT a "policy"...this is a money driven negotiated agreement and written contract..

and of course , it won't be mentioned...why would FT state they have agreed upon these poor stipulations and had a moron for a negotiator or purchasing agent?

Edited on 4/26/2016 at 5:41 PM. Reason:
US Military 30 years, Retired Lt Colonel.. Live to Ride, Ride to Live..Love my Harleys and Indians..
#7 (permalink)      4/26/2016 6:01:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
redbud
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 519
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos682
+1 details
I can't help seeing an old bald guy saying “I’d like to send this letter to the Prussian Consulate in Siam by aero mail. Am I too late for the 4:30 autogyro?”

Jenny, if you see this before one of us dies, could you be an angel and stick these two tickets under someone's nose, it is getting rather tiresome now. Thank you for understanding.

#8 (permalink)      4/26/2016 6:04:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MetisRebel
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 5275
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos6120
+1 details
thill1951 wrote:

There it is folks...now you all can see that now you CANNOT even bother opening a TICKET to FT regarding tracking and movement and shipping times until 30 days of NO changes/NO movement/NO scan updates in "most" cases...and explains why Customs and destination country's postal authorities and mailmen can drag their feet and not be held accountable, nor have to provide tracking ...

It's a problem. Weirdly though, anything from big box stores online and even small retailers, basically NOT FT--seem to have more success with shipping.

CanK47 wrote:

To be fair though, we Canucks have had fairly good success lately with HK post.

Edited on 4/26/2016 at 6:05 PM. Reason: fix quotes
For The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terriers...
#9 (permalink)      4/26/2016 8:40:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
redbud
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 519
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos682
redbud wrote:

I can't help seeing an old bald guy saying “I’d like to send this letter to the Prussian Consulate in Siam by aero mail. Am I too late for the 4:30 autogyro?”

Jenny, if you see this before one of us dies, could you be an angel and stick these two tickets under someone's nose, it is getting rather tiresome now. Thank you for understanding.

Sorted, Jenny, feel free to expire at your leisure.

Back to my Tracy Emin style bed for me *shudders*

#10 (permalink)      4/26/2016 8:42:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
WelshKingJohn
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 354
  • Reviews 136
  • Kudos80
No way would I wait 60 days, especially when paying an upgrade price for tracking !

Hold on, if it reaches our country.. thats it no more tracking, its not going to update anymore?

And so no need to worry about updating then, only NOT DELIVERED in a reasonable time ?

Edited on 4/26/2016 at 8:46 PM. Reason:
Kanger Subox Mini 50W, SMY Touch Box 100W , Vamo V5 15W, Coolfire 1, Eleaf 60W TC, Home brew e-liquid, Electrical, Mechanical Engineer.
#11 (permalink)      4/27/2016 1:18:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
jenny
Staff
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3277
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos3678
+3 details

Thill, I noticed she didn't really mention if the shippers and FT negotiated this schedule or not. It may just be a fasttech policy?

The mentioned time frame is not decided by FastTech or the shipping forwarders, but the Post offices.

I apologize in advance if my answers aren't specific enough-- in most cases I can't provide order specific help in forums. For more personalized answers, please open a support ticket instead. Thanks!