[Politics]A thread dedicated to delicious right wing culture war cringe.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      12/12/2021 4:16:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4721
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2847
+1 details
...when you strike that nerve...

So, I am a boomer? Good to know. I leave others who LOVE to classify to do those menial tasks. I know ONE thing: you could kick my ass at Solitaire!
What does he mean when he says words?
#22 (permalink)      12/12/2021 4:24:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10778
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11488
+1 details
I could have called strawman bull on your comment but where is the fun in trying to win the internet

I wish I could retire but I guess I am in demand lately. I tried to come up with something that would scare them off but no luck.

My brother has that problem too.

It's because we can learn on the fly and work better than a seasoned person doing what they were trained for.

I know you have more knowledge than most hear about vaping. I was interested and learned too back in 2013 to 2015.

Now I have everything for vaping I want so not much vape talk anymore from me.

You say:
And since I'm not retired like you old farts, I travel and congregate with people much more than you keyboard huggers

Today I have interacted with 10 persons today, because Sunday is a slow day.

See? You don't have a monopoly on work or friends.
Up (censored by PRC) creek with a 8 inch long piece of fecal matter for a paddle
#23 (permalink)      12/12/2021 4:33:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12714
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19317
LOL. Beyond me where C4W dreams up half of the things that he does.

Hmm. Not retired. Sighs. How many people have I interacted with today? Hmm...Not sure I can guess properly.
Perhaps 150?
But many just for 1-2 minutes. I would say 20 for a good 5-10 min conversation.

Its only 5;30pm and I have been outdoors for 6 hours today. Still have 2 more to go. Hardly on a keyboard.
I wish. I would love some time to just sit and browse the web. 😂

In any event, I was using a bit of sarcasm earlier when I referred to both Yellowstone and Succession as right wing shows.

I honestly cant believe someone was idiotic enough to run with that further.

Imagine hitting a time whereby shows are now dictated as either right wing or left wing.

Sheesh do some of you need to grow up.
#24 (permalink)      12/12/2021 4:34:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4721
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2847
Poor Still.Me, "Still" trying to pretend she's American, works, and has friends to discuss these things with. Not working removes 90% of human contact except immediate family. That's why retirees fall into scams, religion, and above all, false narratives about "what's really going on". I prefaced with "American", excluding you.

I did not claim ownership of the show, but I know one thing: The MAGA/trailer park GOP crowd IN AMERICA sure do...they love it (for all the wrong reasons), and have mistakenly had the take away that the show was somehow "for them", which of course, it isn't. It's typical Hollywood, which if I remember, is dead, right? LOL.

Which is why they(MAGAheads) are so upset this season...the new(not new) "wokeness" on the show. The show has never been "glorifying" the "right", as i mentioned. The bad guys are all typical GOP tropes, but American MAGA heads are quite dense, and don't see the correlation. Sorry if I ruined it for anyone, but yeah - evil rich people do bad things, just standard GOP "stereotypes", lol.

Just goes to show, throw enough guns in the mix, MAGA will support anyone (K. Rittenhouse, for example)!

Edited on 12/12/2021 at 4:40 PM. Reason:
#25 (permalink)      12/12/2021 4:38:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4721
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2847
Prove it.
I have.
Over and over.

...and Eric in North Carolina:
You butted in, but the retiree comment wasn't directed at you. It was directed at trailer park Grandma up there, always acting like she knows what "the people" think. (that she doesn't talk to)
#26 (permalink)      12/12/2021 5:21:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
arboreal
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 688
  • Reviews 141
  • Kudos574
+2 details
TheAtl wrote:

Third, I landed on the New Balance More Foam Trail V2 as my new winter shoes.

Oh, we discuss running shoes here these days? Excellent!

For road shoes I recently changed to New Balance Fresh Foam More V3. Been struggling with plantar fasciitis for a couple of years and noticed it flared up less when I used Hoka Speedgoats for trail running so decided to try max cushioned on the road. Probably more cushioned than Hokas but less stupidly priced. Really liking them, totally comfortable, zero rubbing or blisters and done about 300km so far and surprisingly little wear. I usually change shoes after 4-500km so these are on course to be my new favourites.

They're not great on snow and ice though. How are the Trail V2s?

#27 (permalink)      12/12/2021 6:33:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10778
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11488
TheAtl wrote:
[quote][/quote]
TheAtl wrote:
[quote][/quote]
Hey The Atl, want to change the thread title to reflect the current topic?

I walk like a boss in clogs from whatever discount store has a sale. 😊
Up (censored by PRC) creek with a 8 inch long piece of fecal matter for a paddle
#28 (permalink)      12/12/2021 7:32:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12714
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19317
carrion4worm wrote:

Not working removes 90% of human contact except immediate family.

What on earth are you babbling about now?!

We have all seen the shack you live in in the middle of nowhere. So yes, in your case you would be isolated without work.

I live in a city of 8 million people. I cant walk outside my door down the street without running into people I know.
Bloody hell, what I wouldn't give some days to walk though the city without anyone around. 😂

Indeed I escape the city into ravines and trails several hours per day and especially pick the downtimes in order to avoid running into everyone.

Add a large dog into the mix and every 2nd person wants to stop you to chat.

No. Isolation is a fantasy I only dream of 😂

#29 (permalink)      12/12/2021 8:00:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10909
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6851
And then...?
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#30 (permalink)      12/12/2021 11:12:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10778
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11488
Skeeeets wrote:

And then...?

I like shacks. Do you like it?

#31 (permalink)      12/13/2021 4:11:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4721
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2847
I guess I like shacks too, lol, since apparently I live in one. I own my "shack", and ain't afraid to post real personal info,,,Shlag is, cuz she's a phony.

Still, think you might be getting confused on Google view, however....lol

EDIT: love the "logic", though. So, NO ONE in NYC is lonely, right? You are a fucking joke. How many "life changing" or "monumental" discussions does your owner have while walking your big ass?

Edited on 12/13/2021 at 4:30 AM. Reason: