[dismiss] Holiday closure: from January 27th to February 7th, 2022. Shipping and support will resume on February 8th, 2022. (details)
FastTech wishes you and yours a safe and prosperous year of Tiger 🐱.
[Politics]God hates bootlickers?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      12/2/2021 3:00:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
LOLys.put_put.tiny
  • JoinedNov 2021
  • Posts 82
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos31
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: rude
#12 (permalink)      12/4/2021 11:42:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheAtl
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8865
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos20393
javyn wrote:

Have you ever met someone like this in real life? Not sure if it's just an American thing, but there are a ton of people like this and this is their entire personality.

I don't think we are spared from any American cultural phenomenon in our little corner of the world. We used to be a really poor nation so many Norwegians emigrated early on hoping for greener pastures, marking the start of the cultural exchange. Then we had the Marshall Plan and membership in Nato granting your country ever more influence over our government. Neoliberalism, globalization/financialization and the rise of information technology kinda sealed the deal as far as American cultural hegemonic power was concerned. So your brand of red scare propaganda most definitely crossed the Atlantic, through official channels as well as pop culture.

That's not to say that there aren't differences, we've clearly managed to hold on to more of the policies implemented during the so called post-war consensus. Hell, even our conservative party likes to think of themselves as Social Democrats (the cynic in my says that's just another ploy to drain the word of any residue of the political power it once might have held, like how American right wingers laid claim to the words anarchist, libertarian and classical liberal).

That was probably a jumbled mess (I'm running on empty). In short: Yes, the "everything to the left of Mussolini is Stalin" guy is a quite common species over here also. The QAnon true believer, the Trump fan... we have them all basically. Just in smaller numbers, by my estimations mostly because material reality makes the bubble that much harder to maintain on account of us not having drifted as far right as you guys, yet.

Edited on 12/4/2021 at 12:47 PM. Reason:
"My brain is still in recovery mode from taking in so many high level, important ideas" - Dave Rubin
#13 (permalink)      12/4/2021 12:05:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheAtl
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8865
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos20393
My impression is that we culturally are more Anglo-American than Continental European. I think oil also played a huge part in it, but I've confused myself enough already.

Edited on 12/4/2021 at 12:06 PM. Reason:
"My brain is still in recovery mode from taking in so many high level, important ideas" - Dave Rubin
#14 (permalink)      12/4/2021 10:33:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10105
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11272
+1 details
So.

Did god hate you?

I carry a carving of Odin with me every where I go in my bag of tricks.

Lately I wrap him in a spent surgical mask. 😊
Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle
#15 (permalink)      12/5/2021 12:19:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheAtl
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8865
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos20393
The Christian God seems to be pretty ambivalent towards humanity period. I like the Christian atheist interpretation where he committed suicide on the cross to spare us from his judgment. That's pretty based imo.

As for the Norse Gods, to me they always seemed too preoccupied with their own lives (drinking, fighting, going on adventures) to give much thought to us humans. At least the version of them I remember from elementary school.
#16 (permalink)      12/5/2021 12:42:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10105
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11272
+1 details
TheAtl wrote:

As for the Norse Gods, to me they always seemed too preoccupied with their own lives (drinking, fighting, going on adventures) to give much thought to us humans. At least the version of them I remember from elementary school.

Funny that you say that.

I am too preoccupied with my own life (drinking, fighting, going on adventures) to give much thought to those gods.

I am a Norse Christian. 😊

#17 (permalink)      12/5/2021 4:08:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheAtl
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8865
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos20393
ericbnc wrote:

I am a Norse Christian. 😊

Maybe you'll get to meet one of our Norse gods some day...

-- Kill 'em all and let a Norse god sort them out.

#18 (permalink)      12/5/2021 9:18:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10105
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11272
We all meet God sooner or later silly man
#19 (permalink)      12/5/2021 10:51:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheAtl
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8865
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos20393
ericbnc wrote:

Hope I get the holy spirit or Jesus rather than his old man, that guy is a total prick.

#20 (permalink)      12/5/2021 12:31:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10105
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11272
TheAtl wrote:

ericbnc wrote:

Hope I get the holy spirit or Jesus rather than his old man, that guy is a total prick.

I think Loki will use you like a plastic fuck butt.

#21 (permalink)      12/5/2021 1:51:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13316
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos20996
+2 details
Because we cannot accept the natural world or personal responsibility, humans, from the beginning, have had to make up imaginary beings. From early cave man through ancient cultures and, up to the present. They were never there and, will never be. But hey, whatever trips your trigger... It can be very boring until you become used to being without "gods", so I see the draw. Lore and myth is entertaining.
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?