[dismiss] Holiday closure: from January 27th to February 7th, 2022. Shipping and support will resume on February 8th, 2022. (details)
FastTech wishes you and yours a safe and prosperous year of Tiger 🐱.
[Politics]The Impact of Vitamin D Level on COVID-19 Infection
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      11/28/2021 1:25:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6785
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10132
+1 details
Still.Me wrote:

Although I take Vitamin D and have for the past 5 years, I am not sure I see the correlation many make by suggesting those with higher Vitamin D levels are safer from Covid.

Might it just be that those 45-50+ that have low levels are on their way to some yet undiagnosed health problems, that can take time to develop, whilst those that monitor their health well and therefore keep up their levels are less likely to become ill all round?

That and/or ones natural Vitamin D levels decrease with age, again, past 45+, the same age group of people with underlying conditions or seniors. Many of whom may not yet be advised by their doctors to supplement.

That all being said, I wouldn't automatically add Vitamin D levels without blood tests to determine if one is low. In northern climates they suggest it during the winter months but those past 50 are still often naturally lower even in the summer months.
I take them year round despite being outside in the sun 5-8 hours daily

#12 (permalink)      11/28/2021 3:30:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+3 details
Plzdie wrote:

You rang, Stupid?
Work on your English, I don't give a fuck if it isn't your native language.
You type gibberish.
If you're a god damn German, then find a site where they understand German and go there.
Forever.
I can't imagine whining, bitching and moaning about random countries I have no idea about unless I look at a map.
Her-de-der.
*Sike?
Definition of sike
1dialectal, chiefly British : a small stream
especially : one that dries up in summer
2dialectal, chiefly British : DITCH
Her-de-der.

You ignorant Yank

Sike
A term used when saying something you don't really mean.

Psych
Often believed, by those who don't understand the term's origin, to be spelt (or spelled, for the American audience) 'sike'.

Deriving from the word psychology, psych is a term used to indicate that whatever the person speaking just said was done so purely to mess with the listener's mind, to 'psych' them out, if you will.

#13 (permalink)      11/28/2021 3:38:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pewpew
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 2652
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1094
Does it also work with strain we aren't allowed to name?

The answer to 1984 is 1973 § Panasonic or Samsung - that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer.
#14 (permalink)      11/28/2021 5:47:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Plzdie
  • JoinedSep 2021
  • Posts 235
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos57
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: Offensive
#15 (permalink)      11/28/2021 5:49:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Plzdie
  • JoinedSep 2021
  • Posts 235
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos57
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: Offensive
#16 (permalink)      11/28/2021 9:25:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
macranife
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2053
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos8251
There's nae D shortage in this thread

J ust

Fillin
#17 (permalink)      11/28/2021 9:48:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10104
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11272
+1 details
djvillan wrote

you ignorant yank

Point of order please.

It certainly is full potato ignorant, however until it is doxxed we can't be sure it is a yank.
Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle
#18 (permalink)      11/28/2021 1:07:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
etcetera
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3142
  • Reviews 62
  • Kudos3230
+1 details
Still.Me wrote:

Although I take Vitamin D and have for the past 5 years, I am not sure I see the correlation many make by suggesting those with higher Vitamin D levels are safer from Covid.

Well, what I got from that is that normal levels are helpful as opposed to a deficiency which may exacerbate covid (&/or possibly would exacerbate whatever ill health condition someone is dealing with, potentially).

That all being said, I wouldn't automatically add Vitamin D levels without blood tests to determine if one is low. In northern climates they suggest it during the winter months but those past 50 are still often naturally lower even in the summer months.
I take them year round despite being outside in the sun 5-8 hours daily

Absolutely right. Too much of Vitamin D is harmful. One would want to be careful.

Edited on 11/28/2021 at 1:29 PM. Reason: sentence needed serious repair
Ko
#19 (permalink)      11/28/2021 1:21:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
etcetera
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3142
  • Reviews 62
  • Kudos3230
+3 details
Plzdie wrote:

In Murica we put /s at the end to indicate sarcasm.
If that fucking helps.
Not a misspelled psych.

We? Speak for yourself. The term Murica is so disparaging.

murica
The way un-educated Americans (generally rednecks, hicks, republicans, or very patriotic people) say America.

Ko
#20 (permalink)      11/28/2021 2:11:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12174
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos18671
+1 details
etcetera wrote:

Well, what I got from that is that normal levels are helpful as opposed to a deficiency which may exacerbate covid (&/or possibly would exacerbate whatever ill health condition someone is dealing with, potentially).

No I understand that and what you were saying.

My point only being that if one has a deficiency in that particular area, I would guess its likely not the only area that they do.
If so can the covid illness really be put down to just lower counts of D or are there other things going on that also parlay themselves into a lowered health condition.
Without further studies we are left not knowing.

Whatever happened to the earlier claims that Vapers seemed to be somewhat protected from Covid?

Marxism is hip fascism
#21 (permalink)      11/28/2021 2:17:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13309
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos20993
It is "Murika" any way. Disparaging? I suppose to a "patriot". Bur what is patriotism, but fervent nationalism? And, why? Loyalty to "ideals"? Where is America living up to those ideals.
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?