Xmas raffle closed
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#181 (permalink)      11/28/2021 2:19:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12665
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19221
etcetera wrote:

That's interesting. I had no idea. What are the odds.

I wasn't implying that the draw was fixed due to their friendship.

I cant be bothered to dig up the original post in another thread but his friend Gottthedrips jumped into troll me, the result this time of his perception that I insulted the OP.

Some here like to rudely refer to that as poodling but only when it is on their side. 😂

Yeah, I never care for these contests and only threw in money originally for myself after having purchased a few for others feeling badly that it would be a low pot. I had close to $10 to throw in and almost did.
But once the "team" started up with their trolling I lost interest in supporting it.

If that is a hissy fit, so be it.

No skin off of my nose.

In the mouth of a typical progressive, a “torrent of online hate” is any idea they don’t share…
#182 (permalink)      11/28/2021 2:21:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12665
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19221
That said, could you imagine the shit storm if I, or Richy, Viking, etc won first prize?

😂

Bet there would be a recount immediately. LOL
In the mouth of a typical progressive, a “torrent of online hate” is any idea they don’t share…
#183 (permalink)      11/28/2021 3:20:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8707
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos31297
+4 details
etcetera wrote:

I kind of wish Philipvdb would have recorded the drawing and posted it right to youtube just for the sake of not saying "Trust me" but assuring by demonstrating.

Lol.

I have a 43" monitor. I can easily open 6-8 browsers and run a randomizer + clock on all of them simultaneously, and then post a video of only the browser that had my favorite results.

This is all so silly. Every raffle can be rigged. If you don't trust the person running it, don't play.

It's a raffle. Played with rebate points, not even with real money. And in the end someone gets a few dollars. Why anyone would have trust issues about something so small is beyond me.

Still.Me wrote:

That said, could you imagine the shit storm if I, or Richy, Viking, etc won first prize?

It's a raffle. Played with rebate points, not even with real money. And in the end someone gets a few dollars. Why on earth would there be a shit storm?

#184 (permalink)      11/28/2021 4:10:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
etcetera
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3161
  • Reviews 62
  • Kudos3235
+1 details

etcetera wrote:
That's interesting. I had no idea. What are the odds.

Still.Me wrote:

I wasn't implying that the draw was fixed due to their friendship.

You didn't seem to be either. I did entertain the notion but I'm not claiming it is the case, but that efforts should have been made to demonstrate the up-and-up of the contest. Even links of the results like I provided from my test would have been helpful. That's just my opinion and preference whether or not it is anyone else's. A comfort factor.

Some here like to rudely refer to that as poodling but only when it is on their side. 😂

I don't get the term "poodling".

Yeah, I never care for these contests and only threw in money originally for myself after having purchased a few for others feeling badly that it would be a low pot. I had close to $10 to throw in and almost did.
But once the "team" started up with their trolling I lost interest in supporting it.

That's understandable.

If that is a hissy fit, so be it.

I was upset by your anger in this thread but then again I wasn't the subject of the taunting (elsewhere) and so I remained impartial in the matter.

Edited on 11/28/2021 at 4:12 PM. Reason: sequence organized
Ko
#185 (permalink)      11/28/2021 4:55:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12042
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32073

Look up ”Simping”

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#186 (permalink)      11/28/2021 5:03:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12665
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19221
+1 details
etcetera wrote:

I was upset by your anger in this thread but then again I wasn't the subject of the taunting (elsewhere) and so I remained impartial in the matter.

Thats cool but it seems we all have a very different idea of what anger is or looks like.

I wasn't angry. I just simply regretted quickly any support I offered, no matter how small it might be.
Thats not anger.

Claiming that someone is a poodle because they support you much to the derision of those that dislike you.

Even links of the results like I provided from my test would have been helpful. That's just my opinion and preference whether or not it is anyone else's. A comfort factor.

I understand and you are entitled to your thoughts on this. Perhaps if I were one to have played these raffles I might have had a strong opinion that way but as I don't I havent really given it much thought.

But after all the drama we had years ago with various Johnny_469 raffles one would think they would work the way you have mentioned. But I tend to doubt that there will ever be another one. Suspect this was the last.

In Short:

One can hold a strong opinion without anger involved.

Edited on 11/28/2021 at 5:13 PM. Reason:
#187 (permalink)      11/28/2021 5:26:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
etcetera
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3161
  • Reviews 62
  • Kudos3235
+1 details
Ok, the term regret works.

As for your explanation of poodling, now I understand clearly that the opposition doesn't see it in themselves. That's funny because the opponents poodle 24/7 hahaha.
Ko
#188 (permalink)      11/28/2021 6:29:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
blackhack
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 645
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos467
+3 details
I wrote in a previous post that I was surprised that this thread hadn't turned into the usual shit show
I spoke too soon.
Insert smart and witty comment here.....
#189 (permalink)      11/29/2021 3:53:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10731
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11476
blackhack wrote:

I wrote in a previous post that I was surprised that this thread hadn't turned into the usual shit show

I spoke too soon.

there you go.

I heard Facebook is cleaning up if wholesome is your thing

They are having a discussion to clarify their posts.

Didn't your mother love you enough to teach you manners and when to shut up.

Mine did.

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle
#190 (permalink)      11/29/2021 6:29:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4690
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2835
+1 details
Remember when men were men? Ericbnc doesn't, he just waits for belly rubs.

Get a mind of your own, dude. If you read this whole thread, and can't point out the problem, you're more lost then many.

This is why you play so much Solitaire. Try to do better- you may get a TIC TAC TOE partner!
What does he mean when he says words?
#191 (permalink)      11/29/2021 6:38:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheAtl
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8866
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos20396
+5 details
airwinny wrote:

It's a raffle. Played with rebate points, not even with real money. And in the end someone gets a few dollars. Why on earth would there be a shit storm?

Just to play devils advocate, if I was the kind of person who would pull off apple gift card scams etc. I probably wouldn't trust anyone either.

"My brain is still in recovery mode from taking in so many high level, important ideas" - Dave Rubin