[Politics]The "Biden is a creepy old white dude with demetia or whatever" thread
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      11/4/2021 6:26:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2843
Yeah, Air, I said that earlier. then watched Manchin dance around Mika's questions on MSNBC....but, he said he was good at 1.75...then what does the progressive caucus do? Try to move the goalposts and add back in things previously negotiated out....it's fucking sickening, but again, being realistic, not idealistic is how I get by, lol. We wILL get something, our Virginia election going RED put the fear of God in their eyes, it seems.

Which is why I voted for Youngkin. But, I live here, and travel daily throughout the Commonwealth...I could see the signs along the roadside all over, so I could see which way the wind was blowing. I felt at the time this was the beast way to send a message to the DEMS - I hope it works, but I feel like a traitor now, and hearing him say he'd vote again for America's second-worst president in 2024, AND the whole "CRT" thing is so silly...making schools a battleground for something that doesn't exist.

But they better wake up, because most of America will not.
What does he mean when he says words?
#32 (permalink)      11/4/2021 6:51:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8737
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos31361
Manchin is good at 1.75T, because everything left in the bill benefits his corporate owners. 3.5T was already a compromise, from the earlier compromise of 6T. But all that, of course, is by design. The outcome is exactly as Biden and Pelosi wanted. Next bill, they'll have a new scape goat.

It's no wonder people stop voting for such clowns. I'd have liked to see Lee Carter against Youngkin, I think Americans value authenticity. In a race between an authentic Republican versus a Democrat who's secretly also actually kinda a Republican, they'll oftentimes simply pick the most authentic one. Lee Carter is probably way too left for VA, but he'd have at least been unapologetically honest, which may have given him a better chance than the idiot who thinks parents should have no say in their kids' educations (what an idiotic thing to say during a campaign).
#33 (permalink)      11/4/2021 7:02:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2843
LOL, it did ruin his chances, saying that....but I do know what he meant at the time, that teachers are best qualified to make their own lessons...it was taken by the right ,made a battle-cry, and they ran it right into the end-zone!

I've got subcontractors on my job right now that scream about all this CRT B.S, thinking it means that the US Civil War WASN'T about slavery, and how confirmed traitors to the US are heroes...stuff like that....They probably think we gave the Natives a fair deal too, I guess....they don't want their children knowing the truth, it seems.(at least, that's how it appears)

THAT'S what many of these nuts believe, and want taught in schools. It's insane how ignorant conservatives can be. When confronted with actual truth, they don't want to hear it. It really has gotten almost to Cult-like status.

Edited on 11/4/2021 at 7:02 PM. Reason:
#34 (permalink)      11/4/2021 9:43:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Stormhammer
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos35
God, I love laughing at unproductive political discussions. Oops, tautology.
#35 (permalink)      11/5/2021 5:18:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BillBrasky
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedNov 2021
  • Posts 143
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos33
Arguing little peons on the internet where you belong and where you'll stay. I long for the day when the grid goes down for years.
#36 (permalink)      11/5/2021 6:14:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2843
+2 details
Can you two just state your love of spray tan and diapers and move on? It's obvious. This thread was made for you guys, where's all the intelligent facts and debate? lol...
#37 (permalink)      11/5/2021 8:16:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
javyn
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 14136
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos20469
airwinny wrote:

Manchin is good at 1.75T, because everything left in the bill benefits his corporate owners. 3.5T was already a compromise, from the earlier compromise of 6T. But all that, of course, is by design. The outcome is exactly as Biden and Pelosi wanted. Next bill, they'll have a new scape goat.

It's no wonder people stop voting for such clowns. I'd have liked to see Lee Carter against Youngkin, I think Americans value authenticity. In a race between an authentic Republican versus a Democrat who's secretly also actually kinda a Republican, they'll oftentimes simply pick the most authentic one. Lee Carter is probably way too left for VA, but he'd have at least been unapologetically honest, which may have given him a better chance than the idiot who thinks parents should have no say in their kids' educations (what an idiotic thing to say during a campaign).

It was kinda funny that Dems could have easily attacked Youngkin as a union buster, and broadly supported (at least pay lip service to) all the striking workers across the US, but, they couldn't really do that as McAuliffe is a union buster himself lol

"But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days." (Leviticus 12:5)
#38 (permalink)      11/5/2021 8:22:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zarck
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 209
  • Reviews 115
  • Kudos128
BillBrasky wrote:

Arguing little peons on the internet where you belong and where you'll stay. I long for the day when the grid goes down for years.

The backup plan for that is already available and documented https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc1149
The flame wars will continue as long as there's diesel to fuel the backup generators ... and seeds to feed the pigeons.

#39 (permalink)      11/5/2021 8:26:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
javyn
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 14136
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos20469
+2 details
BillBrasky wrote:

LOL it would be a wakeup call for a lot of folks. It was here in TX when we had our winter storm. The machismo tough guy survivalists who are always fantasizing about civil war didn't do so well and were crying before long over losing their amenities.

All the guns, ammo, and cool tactical looking flick knives they fetish over didn't do them much good without bothering to worry about food and water.

At least I had the sense enough to load up on canned food, water and chemical hand warmers. Actually kind of enjoyed that week with no power. Solar charged lamps, hand crank weather radio, pump shotty and loaded 357 revolver just in case, some good novels and a bottle of scotch was all I needed.

edit: Still thinking about getting a couple of Baofeng transceivers though. Using them could get me into trouble with the FCC, but, in an emergency situation all those restrictions are waived anyway so NBD.

edit 2: In short, if/when the grid collapses for any extended period, I'll spend the little time I have before I die as a ham radio troll. Looking forward to it!

Edited on 11/5/2021 at 9:16 AM. Reason:
"But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days." (Leviticus 12:5)
#40 (permalink)      11/5/2021 4:51:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12050
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32077
+2 details
BillBrasky wrote:

Hmmm, I love that fresh trolling account smell….

Hints of bitterness with top notes of bile and a long smooth hit of impotence to finish, fading away to a vanilla nothingness.

And sandalwood.

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#41 (permalink)      3/3/2022 12:49:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13882
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21498
+1 details
Where is the OP?
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?