[Politics]China shuts down transport routes as it battles worst Covid outbreak in months
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/4/2021 9:11:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
etcetera
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3161
  • Reviews 62
  • Kudos3235
+2 details
PoliticsChina shuts down transport routes as it battles worst Covid outbreak in months

However, the high transmissibility of the Delta variant has meant that the number of cases have risen rapidly and spread far. Most cases have been linked to Nanjing and Lukou airport staff who cleaned an incoming plane from Russia, as well as domestic planes. A cluster of infections among tourists who went to a concert in Zhangjiajie, Hunan, travelling through Lukou has also spread to multiple provinces.

“Zhangjiajie has now become the new ground zero for China’s epidemic spread,” Zhong said this week.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/04/china-shuts-down-transport-routes-as-it-battles-worst-covid-outbreak-in-months

Round and round we go ... where we stop nobody knows

Mod (Anniepan) edited on 12/27/2021 at 1:41 AM. Reason:
Ko
#2 (permalink)      8/4/2021 11:42:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12695
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19261
+1 details
Hope all is well ETC but yes, who knows...
#3 (permalink)      8/4/2021 11:51:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yoshy262
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 3531
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos3363
+1 details
etcetera wrote:

However, the high transmissibility of the Delta variant has meant that the number of cases have risen rapidly and spread far. Most cases have been linked to Nanjing and Lukou airport staff who cleaned an incoming plane from Russia, as well as domestic planes. A cluster of infections among tourists who went to a concert in Zhangjiajie, Hunan, travelling through Lukou has also spread to multiple provinces.“Zhangjiajie has now become the new ground zero for China’s epidemic spread,” Zhong said this week.https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/04/china-shuts-down-transport-routes-as-it-battles-worst-covid-outbreak-in-monthsRound and round we go ... where we stop nobody knows

Let's make a bet.
How much time do you think this thread will stay here?

I say 1-2 days top.

In China Covid is inexistent, what you are reading is only westerner propaganda.

Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow.
#4 (permalink)      8/4/2021 4:01:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
javyn
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 14102
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos20468
yoshy262 wrote:

etcetera wrote:
However, the high transmissibility of the Delta variant has meant that the number of cases have risen rapidly and spread far. Most cases have been linked to Nanjing and Lukou airport staff who cleaned an incoming plane from Russia, as well as domestic planes. A cluster of infections among tourists who went to a concert in Zhangjiajie, Hunan, travelling through Lukou has also spread to multiple provinces.“Zhangjiajie has now become the new ground zero for China’s epidemic spread,” Zhong said this week.https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/04/china-shuts-down-transport-routes-as-it-battles-worst-covid-outbreak-in-monthsRound and round we go ... where we stop nobody knows

Let's make a bet.
How much time do you think this thread will stay here?

I say 1-2 days top.

In China Covid is inexistent, what you are reading is only westerner propaganda.

They're gonna ban this thread faster than Gov. Greg Abbott banned teaching children in schools that slavery was the reason for the American Civil War.

"Like a bat out of Wuhan I'll be gone when the morning comes. When the night is over, like a bat out of Wuhan, I'll be gone, gone, gone. Like a bat out of Wuhan I'll be gone when the morning comes."
#5 (permalink)      8/5/2021 5:45:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Trolling
  • JoinedJul 2021
  • Posts 293
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos167

#6 (permalink)      8/5/2021 7:44:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
javyn
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 14102
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos20468
Woah bald guy opinions on YT you cracked the case! :D
"Like a bat out of Wuhan I'll be gone when the morning comes. When the night is over, like a bat out of Wuhan, I'll be gone, gone, gone. Like a bat out of Wuhan I'll be gone when the morning comes."
#7 (permalink)      8/5/2021 9:44:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12695
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19261
So, bottom line, do we wish to make any orders out of China now or will it be a pointless endeavour?
#8 (permalink)      8/5/2021 9:50:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
javyn
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 14102
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos20468
+3 details
Still.Me wrote:

So, bottom line, do we wish to make any orders out of China now or will it be a pointless endeavour?

You can support your local community by buying crackpipes closer to home.

#9 (permalink)      8/5/2021 9:52:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12695
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19261
Pretty stupid humour Javyn.

Please do better next time.
#10 (permalink)      8/5/2021 9:52:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yoshy262
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 3531
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos3363
+1 details
My last order was 10 days ago, from Ali, 2 x Thunderhead creation, cheap.
Paid duty (Europe new rules), was delivered in 9 days.
Now I take a break until next year.
Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow.
#11 (permalink)      8/5/2021 9:55:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12695
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19261
+2 details
yoshy262 wrote:

My last order was 10 days ago, from Ali, 2 x Thunderhead creation, cheap.
Paid duty (Europe new rules), was delivered in 9 days.
Now I take a break until next year.

That was just before this new outbreak though, I believe?

Fortunately I don't need anything myself but I guess I should order about 10 packages of Aspire Nautilus coils for the partner, if there is going to be yet another slow down. 😳