shopping cart empty
Ordering to EU after July 1, 2021 @Anniepan
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      5/12/2021 3:43:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
I think each individual country will assign the collection of import taxes and VAT to their Customs office beacause each country has different import tax and VAT rates. Nothing to do with and no extra resources to add on FT's side. That's more cost effective for FT.

Edited on 5/12/2021 at 3:45 AM. Reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgPDW0ZpgJU
#22 (permalink)      5/12/2021 5:38:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cmj55
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 6912
  • Reviews 121
  • Kudos27027
+1 details
That doesn't seem to be the case dj'.
I've concentrated on reading about imports up to €150 which is the threshold for possible import taxes. Up to €150 it's only about VAT.

This link EU July 2021 Ending €22 import VAT exemption; new IOSS return covers part of this, I posted other links earlier.
An excerpt:

Creating a ‘green lane’ for goods at or below €150

In the future, instead of VAT on these shipments of goods from outside the EU being collected at the point of import, it will be charged and collected by the seller at the point-of-sale. Typically, online at the checkout process. This will be supported with the launch of a new import VAT declaration scheme for goods at or below €150 (see below). These two measures combined, will mean more efficient and speedy clearance – ‘green lane’ – for low value imported goods through customs. This will help sellers and provide a better experience for EU consumers.

#23 (permalink)      6/29/2021 4:36:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
coil_
  • JoinedSep 2019
  • Posts 10
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos6
+1 details
title edited, hopefully we can get some information on this, as the date is few days away now.

seems the express will collect VAT for orders up to 150 euro, and above that it falls to the sellers to collect it or not.
#24 (permalink)      7/2/2021 4:25:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sergiocash
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
I'm waiting for updates on this, let's see what they answer on the ticket I've opened. I'm from Spain, heavy user of fasttech for several years, but if they don't give any answer to this I'll buy everything on AliExpress as they actually do the VAT payment since July 1st. The problem is not to pay the VAT, the problem is that, if we have to pay the taxes we have 2 options: 1) paying the VAT and other expensive administration fees to post services (around 20 euros for each package), which make fasttech prices to be not competitive, or 2) stopping the parcel with special IRS forms which are a pain in the ass and paying the VAT with no extra administration fees. There's a special treatment for all EU countries with the Import One Stop Shop (IOSS) system.

I'm sure that, if fasttech doesn't implement this IOSS system, they'll lose a lot of EU customers. If AliExpress give the solution, and fasttech don't......self explanatory

Edited on 7/2/2021 at 4:26 PM. Reason:
#25 (permalink)      7/6/2021 2:07:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cmj55
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 6912
  • Reviews 121
  • Kudos27027
+1 details
Did you see this thread sergiocash?

Hopefully the following quote from that post is a declaration of their intent:

Galen.G wrote:

We're preparing the IOSS issue to reduce the effects of the further orders.

#26 (permalink)      7/6/2021 9:42:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 10621
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5557
Dear valued customers,

Thanks for your feedback of the "EU July 2021 ending €22 import VAT exemption". We will post update news in this thread. If you have any information of the new tariff composition from your country, please kindly let us know, so I can forward to our logistics department. Thank you.
#27 (permalink)      7/7/2021 10:37:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sergiocash
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
+1 details
Thanks @cmj55 , I hadn't seen that. Seems they're a bit lost with the procedure yet.

Maybe this EU website can help: https://op.europa.eu/en/publication-detail/-/publication/77255bf8-65cd-11eb-aeb5-01aa75ed71a1

Edited on 7/8/2021 at 1:45 PM. Reason:
#28 (permalink)      7/7/2021 12:04:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Paulus43
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos1
Hello Europe 2021-07-07

Liquid order total at FT $19.74

Received this message today from bpost

Kosten douaneformaliteiten (bpost)
€ 15,00

BTW
€ 6,40

totaal
€ 21,40

Toestemming voor inklaring for customs clearance
Ik machtig bpost om de inklaring van mijn zending op mijn kosten te verzorgen.
bpost verzorgt de inklaringsformaliteiten van uw zending. Hiervoor hebben we uw toestemming nodig. Vink dit vakje aan als u ermee instemt dat wij uw zending namens u, namens u en op uw kosten zullen wissen. Inklaringskosten (btw en douanerechten, die door bpost namens u worden overgedragen aan de bevoegde overheidsinstanties) en bpost inklaringsdiensten worden niet terugbetaald zodra het inklaringsproces is voltooid.
Inklaringsdiensten staan
los van bezorgdiensten. In geval van verlies of beschadiging van de zending, neem dan rechtstreeks contact op met de verkoper.
#29 (permalink)      7/7/2021 12:09:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cmj55
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 6912
  • Reviews 121
  • Kudos27027
That's a very useful link sergiocash complete with a download in various languages including Chinese!

If you put the link between the two sets of brackets like these below your link will become clickable:

[url][/url]
#30 (permalink)      7/8/2021 1:41:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cmj55
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 6912
  • Reviews 121
  • Kudos27027
@Paulus43, bedankt voor jouw praktijk voorbeeld. Dat de hoge inklaringskosten kleine orders veel te duur maakt wordt hiermee heel duidelijk aangegeven.

Wanneer (als) FastTech het IOSS systeem zou implementeren zouden de inklaringskosten niet meer van toepassing zijn. Alleen de BTW zou dan overblijven, aan FastTech te voldoen bij betaling van de eventuele bestelling.
#31 (permalink)      7/9/2021 7:11:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Paulus43
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos1
Hello Europe

the story gets better, received letter from bpost 2021-07-09 today

the amount has grown a bit for the same shipment

-------------------

kostenoverzicht

Gedetailleerde berekening van deze kosten

Deze zending vanuit het buitenland is onderworpen aan douanerechten en extra belastingen. Hieronder vindt u een gedetailleerde berekening van deze vergoedingen.

bijzonderheden aantal

Kosten douaneformaliteiten (bpost)
€ 15,00

BTW
€ 12,17

totaal
€ 27,17