shopping cart empty
Looks like we have a vaxine.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#41 (permalink)      11/10/2020 6:11:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2261
  • Reviews 254
  • Kudos1170
Hold On...

Spiders AND Tic Tacs?
Insert idiotic mantra here.
#42 (permalink)      11/10/2020 6:33:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26076
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos20920
In July, Pfizer got a $1.95 billion deal with the government’s Operation Warp Speed, the multiagency effort to rush a vaccine to market, to deliver 100 million doses of the vaccine. The arrangement is an advance-purchase agreement, meaning that the company won’t get paid until they deliver the vaccines. Pfizer did not accept federal funding to help develop or manufacture the vaccine, unlike front-runners Moderna and AstraZeneca.

If that isn't incentive I don't know what is...
We’re paying congress millions to do nothing. We’re paying Trump nothing to do everything.
#43 (permalink)      11/10/2020 7:37:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10862
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16773
The UK, I understand has ordered enough to vaccinate all the health professionals and residents of nursing homes.

If they follow through and medical professionals are willing to take it I suspect most of us will be safe. 😁
#44 (permalink)      11/10/2020 9:47:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
furcifernova
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3276
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos2736
+1 details
Vapor wrote:

In July, Pfizer got a $1.95 billion deal with the government’s Operation Warp Speed, the multiagency effort to rush a vaccine to market, to deliver 100 million doses of the vaccine. The arrangement is an advance-purchase agreement, meaning that the company won’t get paid until they deliver the vaccines. Pfizer did not accept federal funding to help develop or manufacture the vaccine, unlike front-runners Moderna and AstraZeneca.

What, Trump paid big pharma big money?

At no point in Trump's rambling, incoherent 1 term presidency was there anything close to what could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the country is now dumber for having experienced it.
#45 (permalink)      11/11/2020 6:03:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
fujiibear
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 12895
  • Reviews 32
  • Kudos52696
+4 details
Vapor wrote:

Meanwhile in 'Reality Land'

News about the world's first successful trial of a coronavirus vaccine was greeted with jubilation on Monday.

But while there are a number of reasons to remain cautious, there's at least one one big practical hurdle to overcome.

Speaking on Radio 4's Today programme this morning, Health Secretary Matt Hancock spoke of the "mammoth logistical operation" of transporting the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine from its point of manufacture to the arm of the patient.

That's because it cannot be removed from a temperature of -70C (-94F) more than four times.

And that temperature is much lower than what the average home freezer can reach.

Most other vaccines do not require anywhere near such low storage temperatures, so there is not a widespread infrastructure already in place.

In its own disclosure notice, Pfizer acknowledges there are "challenges related to our vaccine candidate's ultra-low temperature formulation and attendant storage, distribution and administration requirements".https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54889084

That's cold!

Scammers Gotta Scam! How To Keep Idiots In Suspense.'Wink'
#46 (permalink)      11/11/2020 8:05:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
troutlips
  • JoinedNov 2020
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos15
+1 details

Edited on 11/11/2020 at 8:06 AM. Reason:
#47 (permalink)      11/11/2020 1:31:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
HUNTARBIDDEN
  • JoinedNov 2020
  • Posts 45
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos33
Thanks for the vac cine President Biden!